Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33
Re: Skiing Ninja. Anyone heard of this
tomtuttle #270132 08/22/09 05:47 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Micah, that Silverado analogy was brilliant.

Thanks, some people just make it too easy ;\)

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
Micah #270172 08/22/09 07:29 PM
R
buff
buff
R
I found this thread after just pulling the trigger on 4300 worth of wood veneer m80/500 speakers. I certainly hope my build quality is better than what was shown in the pics. Also all of the trashing has me worried on my choice. Not exactly what someone who has spent 4300 usd sight unseen wants to hear. I understand Axiom's return policy, but I would probably be out the extra money spent on Oak wood.

rvrrat #270174 08/22/09 07:45 PM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Give them a chance, and don't worry. Axiom will definitely take care of you if you have any issues. I've never seen a company stand behind their products like they do.

rvrrat #270176 08/22/09 08:10 PM
axiomite
axiomite
rvrrat, making other people concerned was the intent of this person's posting here. Certainly the bracing issue of that speaker would upset anyone, but that is certainly an anomoly and is not the norm. The poster, childishly started bashing Axiom and any 3rd party which claimed Axiom speakers make a quality and transparent sounding speaker, not only magazine and professional reviews but also the NRC facility in Ottawa which is world renowned and respected. It appears the speakers were fine for 3 yrs then all of a sudden, they sound like crap...go figure. The issue of the bracing should have been taken up with Axiom in a cordial and professional manner, ie exactly the opposite of how the poster went about business. Axiom is VERY customer oriented and would, I'm sure try to resolve this issue in a professional manner, but it seemed like the person involved may have had some kind of vendetta as opposed to settling the matter at hand that's why he kept posting instead of talking to Axiom.

I too, had some apprehension about spending alot of $$ on speakers I hadn't heard before...that dissappeared quickly when I had everything set up and running just a few months ago. One thing that swayed my purchase probably more than anything else was the overwhelming consensus that these were excellent speakers for the money from both professional and private reviews. You'll always get a few people who don't like what the majority likes, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is when people slam a product that they've never tried or heard and just base it on a rumour or...this sounds harsh, I've never actually heard it before, but some guy on AVS said so(he probably never heard the product either or is an insider).

Again, this issue with this poster is an anomoly and someone dropped the ball on that speaker, but from what I've seen since joining the forum here, I'm sure Axiom's excellent customer service would have made things right GIVEN the opportunity despite the 3yr timing. The owner of the Axiom's clearly liked them, because they didn't return them(or sell them).

As has been said before, you tend to here more complaints than praises on almost any forum of any product. You tend to hear more about problems or issues than anything else on the forums which is common, but you have to sort through the chaffe to make an informed decision. I've never subscribed to any review that I considered "over the top" or too "underwhelming"....take those reviews out of the equation and see what the consensus is.

Don't worry, you'll find a certain amount of trashing on everything when it comes to our wonderfull internet.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #270179 08/22/09 10:22 PM
Adrian covered things well, but I'll throw one more thought out there:

Note that Axiom doesn't delete threads like this

Note that in the ~5 years I've been here, I've seen maybe three threads like this. One was just like this, with some sort of agenda to rile people up, and the other was someone who legitimately didn't like the sound of his Axioms, which he returned within his 30 days.

Spend some time searching here, and you'll see that it's a great product and great forum members (myself excluded). \:\)

Welcome and relax. Chances are 99.5% that you're going to be on here raving about them!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
rvrrat #270181 08/22/09 10:38 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
 Originally Posted By: rvrrat
I found this thread after just pulling the trigger on 4300 worth of wood veneer m80/500 speakers. I certainly hope my build quality is better than what was shown in the pics. Also all of the trashing has me worried on my choice. Not exactly what someone who has spent 4300 usd sight unseen wants to hear. I understand Axiom's return policy, but I would probably be out the extra money spent on Oak wood.

Graphs taken by instruments and the analysis of that data, and the dissection of electronic components to determine if a speaker will satisfy that individual’s preference is insanity. These tools are only useful to the folks who build the damn things. If a person needs a graph or electronic print of the curcuitry to determine if they are going to enjoy a speaker, that person needs to get a life. Listening to the speaker is the only way to determine if it will suit your preference. This isn’t rocket science….. I fail to understand why some insist on making it so friggin difficult.

Don’t listen to the pinheads who need a graph to prove how something sounds, trust your ears. Don’t trust reviews either. There is always an agenda and you will never know what it is. I like to drink wine. I read the reviews and look at the scores, but rarely trust them. I’ve spent thousands and drank many, many + 95 point wines to end up calling them “swill”. It isn’t because the person scoring the wine didn’t like it, it just means I don’t, or the reviewer had an alternative reason to score it that high.

Axiom stands by their product, without question. I can buy what I want, but I continue to buy Axiom and continue to recommend them to others.

If you get your speakers and find you don’t like the way they sound, ask this crowd for some suggestions, as you might just need to tweak your electronics, or you might just need to throw a rug down to find audio bliss. Or, you may end up just hating the way they sound. If you do, send them back and try something else.

rvrrat #270187 08/22/09 11:33 PM
J
old hand
old hand
J

rvrrat:

Be not afraid young Padawan, strong with the axioms, the force is. ;\)

I'll chime in also. I just recently received a pair of M80's, a pair of QS8's and a VP150. I only purchased the black vinyl but the fit and finish is great. I have to admit that I have not pulled the drivers out of the cabinets to have a look but then again I have no intention of doing that. There may be a gap in the bracing... but I have been listening, listening and listening to these speakers since they arrived and I can't hear any bracing gaps.

I have a house that has an open floor plan and the room I have the speakers set up in is asymmetrical and has 20' ceilings. It is a less than ideal setup for - any - speakers. The Axioms sound great to me, even in this less than ideal space. You will have to make up your own mind whether they sound good to you in your room.

I have been involved with music for 30 years or so as a musician and as a listener. There is nothing wrong with these speakers that I can tell. I'm more of a listener than a looker I guess. \:\)

Last edited by jollo; 08/22/09 11:37 PM. Reason: Yodaese
Micah #270205 08/23/09 03:11 AM
veteran
veteran
 Originally Posted By: Micah
I'm going to back this thread up to where it was claimed we don't understand how gravity works. Keep in mind I'm don't work for any University or Physics lab or anything like that, but I know how gravity works. Anything with any mass what-so-ever has it's own gravitational pull. That's because 'stuff' is made up of atoms. Atoms are electronically charged, therefore they are magnetically attracted to eachother. Therefore anything with enough mass will attract anything else with mass. It doesn't really become that obvious until you gain as much mass as a planet or a moon. The bigger the planet or moon, the more gravity it possesses. It's really not that hard to understand.

Ok, now we can all check that one off the list! ;\)

Dude you must have the same level of quality science education (mail order degree from back of a pack of matches) that led to Geoff Kait's AMAZING quantum dot discovery as reviewed by the HONEST peer review site 6moons.com ROTFL

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/photoncannons/photoncannons.html

Owhh wait! Another QUALITY HONEST 6moons.com review for a product you might be interested in. ROTFL
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/jsmr/ultra.html

Hey even Soundstage.com gets in on the act...

"Golden Sound products are extremely affordable and offer some of the best value in all the high end" -Soundstage

I guess these "Mini Magic Rings" for $140 USD qualify as "extremely affordable" (two dollar ferrite cores!)

OK enough laughing... This really isn't funny at ALL. These people are charlatans and fraudsters and a lot of what they do IMHO is borderline CRIMINAL.

The other thing I have to comment on is the level of COLLUSION that occurs between manufacturers and so called review sites... At times it even spills off into forums...

And to all you colluders (inventing a word here owhh and you know who you are!)

BLOW IT OUT YOUR A$$ES!!!

Solid-State

PS it never ceases to amaze me how stupid naive people exist and "a sucker is born every minute" But it's not surprising when they have the level of understanding and education that Micah has etc...

Owhh wait

Last edited by SolidState; 08/23/09 03:41 AM.
Joebob #270209 08/23/09 03:32 AM
veteran
veteran
 Originally Posted By: jollo

rvrrat:

Be not afraid young Padawan, strong with the axioms, the force is. ;\)

I'll chime in also. I just recently received a pair of M80's, a pair of QS8's and a VP150. I only purchased the black vinyl but the fit and finish is great. I have to admit that I have not pulled the drivers out of the cabinets to have a look but then again I have no intention of doing that. There may be a gap in the bracing... but I have been listening, listening and listening to these speakers since they arrived and I can't hear any bracing gaps.

I have a house that has an open floor plan and the room I have the speakers set up in is asymmetrical and has 20' ceilings. It is a less than ideal setup for - any - speakers. The Axioms sound great to me, even in this less than ideal space. You will have to make up your own mind whether they sound good to you in your room.

I have been involved with music for 30 years or so as a musician and as a listener. There is nothing wrong with these speakers that I can tell. I'm more of a listener than a looker I guess. \:\)

WOW your quite the smoothsayer old Padawan. You should apply for a review job at 6moons.com or soundstage.com or better yet if you know a thing or two about the web you can oversee and admin audioreview.com

And another thing about musicians. Most I've met have horrible hearing. A lot have major hearing damage. Specially after 30 years of being in the business. Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Pete Townshend, Jeff Beck and MANY MANY others have MAJOR hearing damage! To take the word of a musician or anybody over the age of 55 (google presbycusis) regarding subjective speaker audio fidelity is a joke.

Solid-State

Last edited by SolidState; 08/23/09 04:16 AM.
SolidState #270212 08/23/09 04:02 AM
J
old hand
old hand
J
Nevermind.

Last edited by jollo; 08/23/09 04:07 AM. Reason: Never wrestle with a pig
Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic