Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: New Axiom Owner here!
jakewash #271303 08/31/09 07:33 PM
axiomite
axiomite
If the string is hard to manipulate with bare fingers,wrapping it around the tips of needle nose pliers makes it much easier and you won't tear as many strings short either.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Potatohead #271337 09/01/09 02:30 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Tater, as Jay mentioned, the string is just to help split the jacket, there's no electrical factor. Also, the outer jacket has no electrical function; it's simply there to prevent or at least delay the release of toxic fumes if a fire would reach the wire. The PVC(polyvinyl chloride)jacket on ordinary electrical cord can release poisonous dioxins and chlorine gas when burned which can combine with moisture to form hydrochloric acid.

National and local building and electrical codes(and their interpretation)vary in the U.S. and Canada.

This bit about fire insurance policies is said fairly often, but with little factual support. Coverage can't be denied or reduced unless some action on the part of the policyholder can be shown to be contributory negligence which caused or increased the amount of damage.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

roar #421639 12/22/16 02:42 PM
R
roar Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
R
Rather than starting a new thread... I thought I'd resurrect my very first thread I started here over 7 years ago when I bought my first set of Axiom's.

I've finally upgraded my M22 v2's! I just placed an order for a pair of M80's and a VP180. Hard to imagine getting more out of a set of speakers but my M22's did me proud for years.

They were perfect for my old theatre getting to live behind a great acoustically transparent screen I had made but we moved out of that house a couple of years and the new theatre isn't going to have an AT screen due to room limitations.

I've honestly been eyeing M80's for as long as I can remember... since I bought the M22's really. The cost really put them out of my reach then and not a whole lot has changed now, but with the B-Stock pricing and a little christmas bonus money to put towards them I decided to splurge.

They will be driven by my old reliable Emotiva XPA5 amp and Integra 80.2 processor so not a lot has changed over the years but I'm still really excited to own some floor standing speakers.

Merry Christmas to me smile (And everyone else too)

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters