Rate Thread
Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33
Re: Skiing Ninja. Anyone heard of this
Adrian #269102 08/13/09 03:02 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
Can you post us some pictures?

He will have to get his uncle to send him some pictures or travel to the west coast to get them taken \:D .

All that work you plan on doing sounds rather pointless and waste of time for a product you don't like. It would be much easier to just sell them, wouldn't it?

Have you seen any other third party measurments of the M80's? As you might know they are much different than what ninj posted. What do you attribute to the drastic differences in measurments between ninja and credible sources such as the NRC. Frequency response,impedance etc... those are just a few issues you touched on.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #269106 08/13/09 04:14 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I absolutely can not believe that axiom did not use steel h beams as cross bracing in the m80... you know that is pretty standard these days. Even Bbigwyrz knows that.

Go ahead, ask him when he gets back from his cross country search for true audiopile nirvana.

-David
terzaghi #269120 08/13/09 12:42 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
Considering the fact that Axiom uses CNC machinery to cut out the MDF cabinet pieces and they use jigs to secure them while applying glue and fasteners, I would be hesitant to believe that the bracing is as FU’d as being described here. I’ve had my M80TI’s apart when I installed the tweeter resisters. I’m a pretty good cabinet maker and know the difference between shoddy work and quality work. I did not find them to be in the state of incompetent assembly as being described.

If you don’t have pictures to show these defects, and references to go along with the resume you posted earlier, I’ll continue to believe you are as full of shit as the masked Ninja when he was here last agreeing to send Ian his crossover for testing, then coincidentally, not able to do so because of his business partners. However, if you can substantiate your claims, I’ll be more than amicable to take your comments at face value. Until then, they mean little to nothing to me.

michael_d #269123 08/13/09 01:14 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: michael_d
agreeing to send Ian his crossover for testing, then coincidentally, not able to do so because of his business partners.
I didn't know about that, thanks for posting that Michael. This must be before I bought my speakers.

The bottom line is, the NRC has no vested interest as to their testing of anyones product, it is in the interests of others who make money "improving" those products to try to cast them as poorly as possible. I'm not sure if Axiom even uses a saw on their speakers at all, I've seen the CNC machine at Dwight and I think(not positive) that their sizing is cut right on the CNC for consistency.

Have any of these people ever addressed the discrepency between their measurements(and how they got them) vs the NRC's?

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #269124 08/13/09 02:06 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Obviously SS's 80's were not made on the same CNC equipment as mine, take what he says with a grain of salt. Maybe he should tour the plant, if he has time from all the installs he does. ;\)

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

SirQuack #269127 08/13/09 02:29 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
Obviously SS's 80's were not made on the same CNC equipment as mine, take what he says with a grain of salt. Maybe he should tour the plant, if he has time from all the installs he does. ;\)

He doesn't even own the M80's his uncle does and he has not mentioned of owning any other Axiom products just that his uncle owns the Axiom amp as well. I have my doubts that his uncle would even let him take apart the entire speaker during the time he was doing the install. All he has showed us so far is a copy/paste job from ninja.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #269137 08/13/09 03:56 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Nicely done, Michael.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
SolidState #269139 08/13/09 04:12 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: SolidState
I won't use names here but all I can tell you is they come from a pool of perhaps 50 people globally that really understand sound from both an engineering standpoint as well as applied...

You must feel honoured to know Ian Colquhoun, Alan Lofft, Tom Cumberland and so many people at the NRC!

BTW....it's "Dickason", not "Dickinson".

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #269148 08/13/09 06:19 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Why does he refuse to metion names if they're so high profile? Are they embarrassed to be linked to his findings? Because they do, after all, completely refute just about every sound test or speaker comparison done by many high profile names in the industry. There would be a lot of hubbub going around about how so many people with 'golden ears' claimed the M80's to sound spectacular, better even than speakers costing 2 or 3 times as much.

How could so many people get a review so wrong with a speaker this flawed???

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
SolidState #269155 08/13/09 06:50 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: SolidState
... perhaps I can squirt more glue in there OMG perhaps this is why glue is all over the place inside here in the first place... Man owhh man somebody did a very sloppy job of jigging the saw when they made these cabinet braces man and appear to have tried to remedy it by squirting carpenders glue in the gaps!

Glue, glue, GLUE!!! Oh God it's everywhere!!! It's here, it's there, it's even in my underware!!! Filthy, sticky, globbery GLUE, I can't believe my eyes, this is like being at ground zero during 9/11, OH GOD THE HUMANITY, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!

Ummm... Are these comments supposed to convince us M80 owners that what we've been experiencng all this time, living in audio bliss, has actually been nothing more than a fraud? Do we now turn against our own ears and call them liars for telling us these speakers sound so sweet? I mean come on. What about those who have gone from the M60's (which according to them are very acceptable speakers) to M80's (which according to these same people do as good a job at reproducing an audio signal as my blender does) that somehow totally missed the fact that they just evidentally took a huge plunge in audio performance, yet somehow managed to feel otherwise???

And these 'bottom of the barrel' cross-over components somehow work superbly in the M60's, M22's, EP500's and other "wonderful Axiom products", but then somehow butcher any musical note that tries to escape an M80 or VP150... somehow this logic doesn't work for me. Maybe this is because I own both of these 'unsalvagable' speakers and can pretty much say without a doubt in my mind that the horse shit being shoveled into this thread is beyond rediculous and boarders on slanderous.

Everyone is welcome to their own opinions. But trying to convince others about those opinions using false information is simply unforgivable and in my book... pathetic.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 175 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup