Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Newbie here. Thanks to all for the great info.
#28446 12/21/03 02:32 AM
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Hi all,

I received this link and heard about Axiom from a co-worker yesterday. He stated that he heard these incredible speakers at a friends house and since I was in the market for some speakers suggested that I check it out.

I got home last night at around 9:00 p.m. and started brousing this forum, reading all the info I could find about Axiom and also A/V receivers. Well a couple of beers later and mega research I was sold on these speakers. At this point, it is pushing three in the morning !! Yikes. Half the fun has been in the research.

I am very new to all of this and have to take a few steps to get what I want. It would be great to buy it all at once but I can't. I currently have a six year old Sony projection TV, a very inexpensive Panasonic DVD player and a Mitsubishi VCR. So I am basically starting from scratch although the Sony is o.k., I would love a flat panel but that is a couple of years away.

My research has led me to my first two choices which I ordered today after some sleep !!

Axiom M60ti in beech with black grills and Yamaha RX-V2400.
The receiver research took longer than the speaker choice. It was quite overwhelming based on all the different ratings, owner feedback etc. I found the 2400 for under seven bills and was sold. I wanted a unit I could grow with and hopefully not have to replace for many years. The auto set-up sounded great. The M60's just get incredible ratings and reviews. It was a delight to read all your posts and help me with my decisions.

My room is medium size but my heart was set on towers. My next purchase will be a sub. They can get quite pricey can't they ?? !! The HSU STF-2 is available for $399. I am wondering if I should jump on it or wait and test the waters ?

Next will be the center and surrounds and most likely a better DVD player. But I am off and running. I will take it as it comes. It will be so nice to have friends over and not be listening to CD's coming through the TV speakers !!!!!!!!! I have gotten hammered for this from my friends !!

Thanks again for all the great info. that is posted on this site.

-Rick

Re: Newbie here. Thanks to all for the great info.
#28447 12/21/03 03:04 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Just one quick off topic question. where are you located...? just wondering who this co-worker might be is all lol.

#28448 12/21/03 05:31 AM
axiomite
axiomite
And another audiophile is born.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
#28449 12/21/03 06:03 AM
I Just recived my 50s vp 150 and qs-8's love them even on an old crappy recever (Denon 3803 on the way) and receved the STF-2 Friday (Jump on it!!!!) My Hatachi 57s700 is coming this Friday Yahooooo Got to love Home Theater!!

Axiom is super, I ordered mine on a Tuesday and they were at my door on Thursday and my 50's were from the outlet store and one 1/4 inch scrape on back and could not find a spot on the other one damn good deal!

You will not regret buying a set

#28450 12/21/03 08:30 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi Vetteluver

There are some very good inexpensive Panasonic DVD players out there which use Faroudja chips and went for a song. I think there was a Panasonic RP26 which outperformed some very expensive units. I'd keep the Panasonic for a while and grab that subwoofer. Then a center and then some surrounds. Anyway, you're going to love those M60 towers. Keep us posted!

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
#28451 12/21/03 06:30 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Sounds like you made some great choices! And YES, grab that Hsu subwoofer!

#28452 12/21/03 10:54 PM
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Haoleb,

Let's just say that I work at the "Wireless" division of a Scanner company !!!! Does that help ?? Thank's for pointing me in this direction !!! I spent a little more than expected to start but I think I will be thrilled with the choices. I did place the order for the HSU VTF-2 sub as it is on sale and free shipping.. !!

Thank's to the others that have replied. No more shopping for me until spring but this should "tide" me over !!

-Rick

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters