Space Challenged
#2870 05/03/02 12:27 AM
R
Robhow Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
R
Do to space constraints and how the room was pre-wired, I need to use satellites for the front and surround speakers (QS's will not work). Has anyone used the MZeroTi's as their fronts and surrounds? I've been looking at the Bose Acoustimass-15 system and wondering if the Axioms would be a better option.

FYI - I've owed my Axiom AX-3's for over 10years and still think they're awesome.

Re: Space Challenged
#2871 05/03/02 01:16 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Axiom over bose is not even a question. Definitely go with Axioms..

I have heard Mzero's are actually really good for their size. I hear they are very neutral. Perhaps someone who owns them can comment

I heard that bose acoustimass stuff many times.. it has no midrange, it has terrible bass response and the treble is so bright it hurt my teeth.

#2872 05/03/02 03:29 AM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Robhow,

I have a pair of gloss-black Mzeros which I've owned for almost a year now. They are truly diminutive in size and designed for those looking for excellent sound in the smallest of package.

The Mzeros share a similar sound with the larger Axiom monitors. To my ears, they outclass the bose variety by a clear, country mile. If cute, tiny, musically appealing satellites is your thing, then the Mzeros ought to do quite nicely.

The Mzeros, in 2-channel stereo, cannot fill a medium-sized room with big-room sound. Heck, they sometimes struggle to do so in a relatively small room. Tonally (midrange and treble), the Mzeros are spot-on with the larger Axiom monitors. And when listening in the near-field, they are just as impressive.

But these diminutive wonders (like all satellites) are truly devoid of any kind of significant, low bass information. A sub of any kind is necessary. Moreover, the crossover between speaker and sub shall have to be set higher when using satellites.

If your space requirement provides room for slightly larger speaker enclosures than that of the lilliputian Mzeros, then the M1s would do you better -- better in terms of fleshing out the sound within the room; and better in providing a more seamless integration with a subwoofer. I believe also that the M1s come with provisions for wall-mounting, if that is of concern.

Good Luck!

p.s. - I have been enjoying my Axiom AX-3's (Series II) for the past four and one-half years! I think they're pretty awesome too.

#2873 05/03/02 12:34 PM
R
Robhow Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
R
Thanks Alsana for the feedback, you've confirmed my thoughts about BOSE, they appear to be a marketing company rather than speakers.

Has anyone wall mounted the M1ti's ?

My other option is to place the QS-4's in the back corners, would this placement provide ample envelopment?

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044