C
CV Offline OP
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
C
I know, the title doesn't really work for when people are going to post here, but the threads that end with "tonight?" seem to do well.

I had a weird dream a couple nights ago. Sean, you may appreciate this one slightly more than the others, as it had Cari, the girl you met along with me, in it.

We were vacationing in Hawaii, and some other friends met us there after we'd been there a couple of days. Most of the time we were in this huge mall just walking around, but then after my best friend and his wife arrived, they wanted to discuss what we could all do together, so they had us meet on the beach. Cari and I were headed there, but then we parted ways for a while, still in the mall. I ran into Cari again, and she had a drink. It was a virgin fruity drink. She said she got it because the vendor wasn't selling sodas yet, like they couldn't sell soda before a certain time.

Anyway, we got to the beach to talk about stuff, but then my dream veered and I was headed home in a plane. It was already the
middle of the flight, and I woke up to find there had been problems. It was supposedly getting better. It had been a red alert, but they adjusted it to a "negative orange," whatever the hell that was supposed to mean. However, after this upbeat announcement, one of the wings exploded, and the pilot started losing control. Also, for some reason, everyone was cocooned in their own padded chamber. I was unable to see anyone else, just my own chamber. But yeah, as we descended, destined to impact with the ocean, they were announcing, "We're going in the drink! We're going in the drink!" over and over again. I prayed to God that I wouldn't die there, and thankfully,
that's when I woke.

It was really scary when I was dreaming it, but after waking, it seemed ridiculous and lame. However, I think I'm going to use "Negative Orange" as my next brand, after SuperGrand UltraDeluxe is old and tired. After all, the logo for Negative Orange is very easy.

Re: So what are you dreaming of tonight?
CV #205759 04/28/08 10:05 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
This dream is obviously about you wanting bright-orange Audiobytes (the discrepency in color--negative instead of bright--is due to the "vacationning" side of this dream where you had to rely on photos that are not developped yet). Why did you afterward dream of being an ice-cube? That's stuff is for JP!

The problem I have with my dreams is that they are so vivid that I only realize I woke up after I come back from work. There is not much difference (as far as realism is concerned) between my dreams and my crazy work! So, half of the time when I recounting a dream, I suddenly stop and say: "wait a minute, it DID happen. oh! crap! I think I have promised something absurd for a customer! Be right back!"

Cool thread...

See Mojo's signature
EFalardeau #205771 04/28/08 12:30 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Negative Orange is one of the coolest names/phrases I've heard in a while. I'm really liking it. I dig it so much that I just bought the domains

negativeorange.com, .net, .biz, .info, etc ...

Charles, give me a call if you want to do business.

;\)

Heh

O.K., I didn't really buy the domains, but I did have this itch. A little powder solved that.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #205796 04/28/08 04:37 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Your dream started off well enough, Charles, but the ending is harrowing. I like how dreams play alot like "B" movies--sometimes no rhyme or reason, and sometimes cheesy. I like the line at the end, "We're going in the drink."

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
St_PatGuy #205817 04/28/08 06:16 PM
C
CV Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I had another dream last night. I dreamed I was playing a video game with an exceptionally well-rendered city modeled after a real one. I guess reading about Grand Theft Auto IV got me excited. But yeah, in the dream I went around shooting down a bunch of people and structures. Then I found out that what I did in the virtual world happened in the real world, and I was going to be taken to court over my virtual actions.

CV #205818 04/28/08 06:27 PM
axiomite
axiomite
For some reason I just thought of a weird ending to a dream I had a long time ago. I have no idea of the specifics of what happened, but I remember it was long and involved dream and right near the end everyone started singing a Def Leppard song. It was like a surreal musical. Apparently I was sleeping so soundly my alarm (which is set to the radio) didn't wake me up like it should have.

St_PatGuy #209461 05/27/08 05:02 PM
C
CV Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I dreamed I was hanging out with Tiana, Claire, and their boyfriends at Tiana's place, which was a house (looking suspiciously like my best friend's house growing up) instead of an apartment. The boyfriends were ignoring me, but Claire would try to tell me how cool her boyfriend was. She mentioned he scored a 5.0 on some test where 5.0 was the maximum score. I wonder if it was the dumbass test.

My sister was there, too, for some reason. We were going to take off, but then there were cheap cookies. I opened the package sloppily, and the cookies became a pile on the table. I took four. I was going to head out, but then I hesitated and asked Tiana's boyfriend if there was something I could put the cookies in for them. He tried to direct me to a box he thought had Ziploc bags, but it in fact had straws. I kind of just let it go at that point.

My mom was suddenly driving us home for some reason, but then I told her to stop so I could buy cookies and ice cream for everyone. My sister told her to stop at an A&H (whatever that is), as she had a coupon. Well, the A&H ended up being at the mall, and while there, we decided to take in a 9:00 movie. It was starring Jeff Bridges, though I thought it was weird because he kept doing a Harrison Ford-like smile. It started off with a sex scene which I missed because I was distracted, talking to other friends who ended up being there.

It was kind of cool. There was a concession stand right in the room itself, just dimly lit in neon.

The movie was getting kind of scary. Jeff Bridges was on a train, in a car that was wire cage, but with an open top. There was a car (automobile) inside the car, and he decided he needed to get into the trunk, so he started wailing on it with a shovel. I was afraid there'd be a body inside or something.

Anyway, two guys a couple cars away noticed his behavior and didn't like it much. They were the bad guys, apparently, and they started making their may toward Mr. Bridges.

With the train chase going on, I started talking to a veterinarian sitting nearby. For some reason, a lady had brought her dog with her to the movie. The veterinarian said he had to give the dog some medicine, and he got very serious (in a loud way) about it very quickly. He administered some foaming white stuff out of a syringe onto the dog's tongue, and we were presumably safe again at that point.

Only, then the doctor started raving about someone dangerous being in the theater. He addressed the entire audience, though he only told a specific few people to escape. He told them to leave and to lock the doors behind them. He mentioned several of my friends, and even Regina, so I guess she was there. Well, I didn't wait for any of them. I just started booking it, but as I was leaving, people were asking the guy who it was, who was this supreme evil they were facing, and he was yelling. "It's Bulldozo. Bulldozo is coming!"

As I was running away, I kind of got the feeling that I was Bulldozo.

CV #209462 05/27/08 05:14 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Charles, lay off the sugar right before bedtime.

That is a crazy dream. It sounds very entertaining. I like how Claire's boyfriend is stupid, even in your dream.

CV #209543 05/27/08 09:27 PM
You need to master the art of the waking dream. Then you can off the boyfriend and at least have a relationship with Claire while you doze.

pmbuko #209544 05/27/08 09:28 PM
I'm thinking that's probably one of Charles's worst courses of action, short of actually offing the boyfriend.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 33 34

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters