Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Speaker AVR Setup
Glitchy #292223 02/14/10 09:57 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: wordgasm
From AVS Audyssey thread:

Originally Posted by audyssey
You can extend to about 8 meters with a high quality cable. The mic signal is low so beyond that the cable impedance will start to roll off the high frequencies and this will cause the filters to overcompensate.

1) How do I use the Audyssey microphone if the receivers are located 100 feet away? I guess I just need to have a very long extension cable for the mic?
I did a couple of rooms like this. You have to place the AVRs locally if you want to run Audyssey.....if you are using speaker wires through volume controls then back to a centralized location, splice into the volume control and attach all your speakers to the AVR in room for testing and setup.

Think I'll just enjoy my speakers for awhile and then decide if I want to "setup locally"

Jeff

You lived!

Thanks for the quote that’s good info. I suspected it would be susceptible to cable length at some point just not how far before I became an issue.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
Re: Speaker AVR Setup
grunt #292224 02/14/10 09:59 PM
G
Glitchy Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
G
 Originally Posted By: grunt
 Originally Posted By: wordgasm
From AVS Audyssey thread:

Originally Posted by audyssey
You can extend to about 8 meters with a high quality cable. The mic signal is low so beyond that the cable impedance will start to roll off the high frequencies and this will cause the filters to overcompensate.

1) How do I use the Audyssey microphone if the receivers are located 100 feet away? I guess I just need to have a very long extension cable for the mic?
I did a couple of rooms like this. You have to place the AVRs locally if you want to run Audyssey.....if you are using speaker wires through volume controls then back to a centralized location, splice into the volume control and attach all your speakers to the AVR in room for testing and setup.

Think I'll just enjoy my speakers for awhile and then decide if I want to "setup locally"

Jeff

You lived!

Thanks for the quote that’s good info. I suspected it would be susceptible to cable length at some point just not how far before I became an issue.

I just snuck in the back door got what I came for and snuck back out.

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944