Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 34 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 33 34
Re: Ideas? I wish Axiom would make a.....
St_PatGuy #298207 03/24/10 10:42 AM
shareholder in the making
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Ken, I want sparkly streamers to shoot out of my woofers in time with the music! Please make this happen!!??

Reminds me of what was pretty much my only Mescaline trip....

I was at a friends house and though I was sitting on the edge of his bed in his room, my perspective was as if I was floating up in the corner near the ceiling, looking at the room as though through a fisheye lens.

Steely Dan's Aja album was playing over and over, and the music was coming out of the speakers with colors...different shades for different frequencies and at different speeds for intensity. A bit like watching the "visualizations" in Windows Media Player.

If Axiom could safely duplicate that experience, I'd buy a set of speakers every day.

Every.

Freakin'.

Day.

Aja is still one of my favorite albums.

"Ajaaaaaaa...when all your dime dancing is through...."

How's this going to work out for a derailment?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
CV #298213 03/24/10 12:28 PM
Adrian Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: CV
 Originally Posted By: grunt
One thing that might be nice to see are partnerships with other companies.

I like this idea. What companies are coming to mind for people? Since I'd like to see amp prices come down as well as improve reliability of the sub amps, it might be worth looking into a partnership with an amp manufacturer. Axiom could trade their amp tech (while still receiving royalties) in exchange, perhaps, for manufacturing and expertise from the amp maker. I don't know what amp company could complement them in this way, and then it would take same careful calculation to figure out if it's worth sharing the IP with someone else, but if Axiom could get some comparable IP out of it and potentially reduce costs, it might be worth looking into. Of course, that kind of partnership might be like having a roommate. It's probably really hard to find a good match. Right now, Axiom is what Ian has made it into. It could be tough bringing other people into the equation, redefining what Axiom is.

The most obvious one would be "Bash Audio/Indigo" for their expertise on subwoofer amplifiers, and they are located in the GTA as far as I know, which would be very convenient for Axiom.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #298214 03/24/10 01:01 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

Reminds me of what was pretty much my only Mescaline trip....

I was at a friends house and though I was sitting on the edge of his bed in his room, my perspective was as if I was floating up in the corner near the ceiling, looking at the room as though through a fisheye lens.

I saw a gargoyle flying around the flag pole at Camp Horno. Turn out to be an owl. My buddy at UW Madison had never done it before and tripped out at a Phish concert at Alpine Valley. I lost track of him and next thing I see he’s trying to climb over a barricade to get to the stage between sets. Best I could get out of him was that he thought he was Trey and need to get back to the stage to get the band playing again. Just under 7 years and I’m in the clear, not that I’m counting. ;\)

BTW how’s it “pretty much . . . ?”

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
BlueJays1 #298215 03/24/10 01:32 PM
 Quote:
Is the whole purpose of the customer council to speak on behalf of Axiom customers and/or consumers in general than just in the self-interest of the individuals that sit on the council or a little of both?

We're not here to speak on your behalf -- after all, we were not elected. There are four of us, however, and all of our interests and opinions are not in perfect alignment. If Ken and I aren't particularly interested in Axiom headphones, we're not the right people to push for them. That being said, we do have Axiom's ear in a more direct way than the rest of the board, and you should know that any ideas that rise to the top here will be passed up the chain.

Keep in mind, there is nothing stopping any of you from passionately arguing for your wants. Axiom staffers do read the boards, too.

pmbuko #298218 03/24/10 01:37 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Keep in mind, there is nothing stopping any of you from passionately arguing for your wants.

Isn't that what I just did in my post above?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Adrian #298219 03/24/10 01:42 PM
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
The most obvious one would be "Bash Audio/Indigo" for their expertise on subwoofer amplifiers, and they are located in the GTA as far as I know, which would be very convenient for Axiom.

I think Axiom used to use Bash amps. There must be a reason they decided to go their own way.

pmbuko #298223 03/24/10 02:25 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I know it's not going to happen, and I understand the reasons why, but.........

It would be nice to know if a new line of "upmarket" speakers were going to be considered before I make a significant purchase for my new home theatre system in my as of yet unpurchased/built house with my girlfriend who will in all probability end up being my wife as I complete the final stages of rebulding my life at the advanced age of 60+.

If nothing else I hope to get recognition for posting one of the most convoluted sentences ever.

getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/ep350/m60/m2200s
pmbuko #298229 03/24/10 03:37 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Axiom staffers do read the boards, too.

Originally Posted By: FordPerfect
If nothing else I hope to get recognition for posting one of the most convoluted sentences ever.

Which leads one to wonder... How often do those staffers pick themselves up off the floor laughing or find themselves walking away wondering what the heck happened to that thread?

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #298231 03/24/10 03:52 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Back on the idea train.

Has Axiom done any investigation into a high gloss black vinyl? Something along the lines of the High Gloss Cherry, but you know, black?

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris
ClubNeon #298234 03/24/10 04:00 PM
They used to have it, back before the VaSSallos. There were a lot more HG vinyl. I suspect (but don't know anything) that they just kept the two that actually sold. The HG vinyl finishes were pretty expensive compared to the regular upgrade vinyl finishes.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Page 14 of 34 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 33 34

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters