Rate Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 33 34
Ideas? I wish Axiom would make a.....
#297494 03/20/10 04:40 PM
Adrian Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
"budget" 2 channel amp in the neighbourhood of 150 wpc/8 ohms and 200+/-wpc at 4 ohms comparable to units from Emotiva, Outlaw or perhaps B&K (to go upscale a little further but still be cost effective).

I thought it might be both interesting and helpfull to both Axiom and it's customers if we had an "Ideas" thread, any thoughts?

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Re: Ideas? I wish Axiom would make a.....
Adrian #297496 03/20/10 04:55 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I doubt you will see Axiom try to play the Emotiva game though I would love to see them become an authorized dealer of Denon AVR's that can packaged with their speaker systems.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #297499 03/20/10 05:16 PM
J
shareholder in the making
J
With Denon they would have to compete with 6Ave and the likes. I think if they could sell their 2 channel amp a little cheaper say $1500, it would sell very well. I know I would consider it alot more than I do right now.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #297507 03/20/10 05:39 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
With Denon they would have to compete with 6Ave and the likes. I think if they could sell their 2 channel amp a little cheaper say $1500, it would sell very well. I know I would consider it alot more than I do right now.

I find Denon to be more attractive than the Sherwood Newcastle brand. If they offer the Axiom 5 year warranty (like they do with their current receivers) and can find ways to package them with systems they could compete very well.

Even selling them on their own, the longer warranty might be incentive for some paying regular MSRP than going to places like 6ave. I don't know much about 6ave. Are they authorized and are their discounted Denon units refurbished or new (or are they both)?

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #297509 03/20/10 05:43 PM
J
J
6ave is one of Denon's approved online E-tailers and they sell new Denons at some very good pricing, well with an avs discount applied.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #297515 03/20/10 07:22 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
6ave is one of Denon's approved online E-tailers and they sell new Denons at some very good pricing, well with an avs discount applied.

Jakewash, have you ever looked into purchasing anything from them and the costs involved? As a Canadian or anyone living outside the united states, are they able to obtain savings (after shipping costs, border costs) that offer enough incentive to import their products?

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #297533 03/21/10 12:31 AM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
During our last teleconference we were actually discussing this (ideas and getting input). Ken, Peter, Randy and I are just four. It would be nice to get the Axiom folks a broader perspective of things they float by the four of us for input. The hard part is going to be how we go about asking for forum input without letting the cat out of a bag when Axiom does not want it out running around chasing mice. One thing about this company is that they do not generally speak to future products like other companies do. I think this is a smart move on their part after seeing how far out in the weeds that practice can go if the company misses a release date. Outlaw’s latest is a good example….. I saw the same thing happen with Sherwood Newcastle and Carry Audio. They announced a pending product, missed promised release dates and were crucified by folks who were waiting for them.

So rambling aside, just know that Axiom does want input. We just need to come up with an effective way to channel that input in a helpful and logically disciplined manor that won’t fill up endless threads and PM boxes. I’m sure the sharp minds of this forum can come up with something……….

michael_d #297535 03/21/10 12:42 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I believe Axiom really needs to 100% nail down the amplifier issues on their subwoofers before pushing power amplifiers.

I haven't really kept up with the detailed problems with the subwoofers myself but all one needs to do is search through the boards and see the numerous topics relating to subwoofer issues which might give prospective buyers second thoughts about purchasing a multi or two channel Axiom amplifier ... especially whenever it's running over $4,000.

To be quite honest and as much I really like Axiom and trust their product I would have second thoughts myself about purchasing an amp from them for this reason.

Just my .02

Rick
Our Room

smile
michael_d #297536 03/21/10 12:45 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
I think we need someone who is granted the ability to maintain a sticky topic which will act as a bucket for product ideas. The ideas that gain the most support would be added to this list of wants, and once in a while we would revisit the list in order to prune and refine what's there. These ideas could be for new products altogether or simply revisions to existing products. Axiom doesn't have to necessarily act on the suggestions, but at least it would all be there, collected and organized for them to see. Semi-regular polls on the items in the list would show which ideas people are still rooting for over time.

RickF #297537 03/21/10 12:58 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: RickF
I believe Axiom really needs to 100% nail down the amplifier issues on their subwoofers before pushing power amplifiers.

I haven't really kept up with the detailed problems with the subwoofers myself but all one needs to do is search through the boards and see the numerous topics relating to subwoofer issues which might give perspective buyers second thoughts about purchasing a multi or two channel Axiom amplifier ... especially whenever it's running over $4,000.

To be quite honest and as much I really like Axiom and trust their product I would have second thoughts myself about purchasing an amp from them for this reason.

Just my .02

I would tend to agree with you here. I'm not big on internet speaker brand electronics (amps,processors,receivers). From a customer perspective from the outside looking in, the history surrounding the reliability and quality control problems of internet brand electronics is stagerring across the board. It does not appeal to me at all. To me it seems the ID model brands try to hit price points with their electronics which are unnatainable (based on the MSRP compared to other competition) in order to compete with some of the bigger and more reliable brands and therefore shortcuts are taken (parts, quality control, r&d, slim budgets). Even Axiom as of late I have noticed a fair number subwoofer problems in the amp section on the EP500 and EP800.

-Max Payne
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 33 34

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020