Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 34 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 33 34
Re: Ideas? I wish Axiom would make a.....
Ken.C #297904 03/22/10 11:00 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
3 way design yes, but does not cover the full sound spectrum. that was more of my point. They don't play that low.

If you listen to a wilson or a B&W 800, the speakers are amazing.. now granted the Wilsons start at around 10-15k$ a pair, and i think the 800's are 20ishk$ a pair..

I am just saying I wish axiom would make something that would be of a similar design as the speakers i posted above, even if they were 3k$ a pair I would probably buy them. At that price point they would still be 1/2 of what a used pair of wilson's would cost....

Now granted this would be a product that would not be aimed at axioms primary demographic, so i don't know that they would build a product like this or not.....

dakkon #297905 03/22/10 11:01 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
now prices are listed wild ;\)

michael_d #297913 03/22/10 11:58 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
The M60's are a true 3-way design.

You may not consider them as "full range" since they don't produce frequencies below about 40Hz, but that doesn't change the fact that the network topology has two crossover points going to three, distinct sets of drivers.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
dakkon #297921 03/23/10 12:31 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I like your thinking dakkon. I hope there will be at least one person on the People's Council to the Ministry of Speakers who urges Axiom to raise its game and who does more than just gush how great they are and don't change you're just fine...

Originally Posted By: dakkon
3 way design yes, but does not cover the full sound spectrum. that was more of my point. They don't play that low.

If you listen to a wilson or a B&W 800, the speakers are amazing.. now granted the Wilsons start at around 10-15k$ a pair, and i think the 800's are 20ishk$ a pair..

I am just saying I wish axiom would make something that would be of a similar design as the speakers i posted above, even if they were 3k$ a pair I would probably buy them. At that price point they would still be 1/2 of what a used pair of wilson's would cost....

Now granted this would be a product that would not be aimed at axioms primary demographic, so i don't know that they would build a product like this or not.....

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #297926 03/23/10 12:47 AM
shareholder in the making
I get the distinct impression that you feel that anyone who happens to like a company or it's products is automatically a one-note fanboy.

As usual, I find your attitude insulting and annoying.

Believe it or not, it's possible to be satisfied with a company's products and market position without feeling the need to tell them they have to offer something different for me to accept them.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #297927 03/23/10 12:50 AM
And Dakkon, a speaker can be a 3-way design without it covering the sub frequencies. "Full-Range" and "3-Way Design" are not the same thing. A speaker can be none of those, one of those, or both of those.

Color me Tired and Cranky ....

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #297933 03/23/10 01:14 AM
axiomite
axiomite
You know even for a tired old cranky guy Mark I still think you are alright ... obviously you are neck deep in home modifications so I'll wait to ask you about that later.

Cheers bud!

Rick
Our Room

smile
MarkSJohnson #297938 03/23/10 01:23 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I like Axioms. I buy them for myself and my friends. I don't know how many Axiom speakers you've had, but I suspect I have even more. I vote with my wallet and I think I'm entitled to express my opinions. Sorry if you're insulted by my opinions and forgive me if I laugh a bit as I type this.

In my opinion, Axiom must raise its game or its prospects are as exciting as this board, which is to say, not very. Now, before you say "if you don't like it just leave," I've been a member since 2002. This is where I post my audio interests.

Now, if you think it is insulting to Axiom when I say they are falling behind by standing still, or that they are misdirecting their energies by bringing out amplifiers and subwoofers, that's your problem.

I'd like to see Axiom come out with world-beaters, the audio counterpart of "killer apps." To me, Axiom is about great speakers at a decent price. I'd like to see them make better speakers at a great price. That's just me. Why does my opinion bother you?

If you think I'm calling you a fan boy when I have never directed a post to you or mentioned you in a post, you probably are a fan boy. Live with it.

Let a thousand flowers bloom.

At least we're not talking about cartoons so no one is likely to try to burn my house down.

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I get the distinct impression that you feel that anyone who happens to like a company or it's products is automatically a one-note fanboy.

As usual, I find your attitude insulting and annoying.

Believe it or not, it's possible to be satisfied with a company's products and market position without feeling the need to tell them they have to offer something different for me to accept them.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 03/23/10 01:27 AM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
michael_d #297939 03/23/10 01:24 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: michael_d
During our last teleconference we were actually discussing this (ideas and getting input). Ken, Peter, Randy and I are just four. It would be nice to get the Axiom folks a broader perspective of things they float by the four of us for input. The hard part is going to be how we go about asking for forum input without letting the cat out of a bag when Axiom does not want it out running around chasing mice. One thing about this company is that they do not generally speak to future products like other companies do. I think this is a smart move on their part after seeing how far out in the weeds that practice can go if the company misses a release date. Outlaw’s latest is a good example….. I saw the same thing happen with Sherwood Newcastle and Carry Audio. They announced a pending product, missed promised release dates and were crucified by folks who were waiting for them.

So rambling aside, just know that Axiom does want input. We just need to come up with an effective way to channel that input in a helpful and logically disciplined manor that won’t fill up endless threads and PM boxes. I’m sure the sharp minds of this forum can come up with something……….

Whooa whoa whoa.
Back up the bus here.
You have a telephone way up there? That isn't a sat phone?
Cool.
When did that happen?

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
michael_d #297941 03/23/10 01:27 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: michael_d
The hard part is going to be how we go about asking for forum input without letting the cat out of a bag when Axiom does not want it out running around chasing mice. One thing about this company is that they do not generally speak to future products like other companies do.

Ya i had to stay pretty quiet for a long time about the new subwoofer lineup,...and the new amps,...and the new finishes.
I tell ya, they drove a real hard bargain to buy our silence. They bought my pregnant wife lunch and that was it. We were onboard the silence train!!

Amie knew how to close the deal; you ALWAYS talk to the wife!
;\)

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Page 7 of 34 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 33 34

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082