Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 34 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 33 34
Re: Ideas? I wish Axiom would make a.....
SRoode #298150 03/23/10 11:51 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Steve, you're gonna need a bigger box, and it's probably going to have to be vented instead of sealed.

Very cool idea, though. I like it a lot.

If this is the clearinghouse, did we already list the reconjiggered 3-way center channel somewhere?

No troll chow here, by golly.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
tomtuttle #298151 03/23/10 11:56 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Just a public service note, if I (at least) don't directly comment on telling Axiom about something, it could mean a number of things:

1) I already know there's something in the works, but we can't talk about it.
2) We've talked about it, and Axiom ain't gonna do it.
3) I'm not particularly interested in it. Maybe one of the other council members is. Maybe Axiom is. An example: I'm not particularly interested in Axiom headphones, but it sounds like Peter might be.
4) I didn't read the thread very carefully and/or I didn't see the suggestion.
5) Some other reason I can't think of right now.

Of course, this may be completely unnecessary if Peter Bell or one of the other Axiom staffers is reading this thread.

Last edited by kcarlile; 03/23/10 11:57 PM.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Ken.C #298154 03/24/10 12:07 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Tom - Geeze, it's better than hanging a M60 on the wall... I mean, the M60 is still so small compared to the M80, but I may need two nails to hang it on a wall. Maybe some of that putty-tape you see them hanging stockings over the mantle at Christmas-time on TV would work? ;\)

Ken - Oh, I understand NDAs in my business, there is no need to explain at all. This would just be my suggestion as a fan, an engineer, and an audiophile.

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7
Ken.C #298155 03/24/10 12:11 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko

Agreed on the headphone front. There's such a thing as spreading yourself too thin.

I also agree Axiom should stick to doing what it’s best at and not try to be all things audio. I was actually a little miffed when Axiom announced it’s amps thinking here we go like so many other companies they do something well and try to spin it to other areas. Then it dawned on me that they already did amps for their subwoofers so it seemed like a logical extension.

One thing that might be nice to see are partnerships with other companies. Someone mentioned Denon at one point. Another base they might cover in line with their present product line might be room treatments. Either partnering with someone else or developing their own.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
Ken.C #298156 03/24/10 12:19 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Just a public service note, if I (at least) don't directly comment on telling Axiom about something, it could mean a number of things:

1) I already know there's something in the works, but we can't talk about it.
2) We've talked about it, and Axiom ain't gonna do it.
3) I'm not particularly interested in it. Maybe one of the other council members is. Maybe Axiom is. An example: I'm not particularly interested in Axiom headphones, but it sounds like Peter might be.
4) I didn't read the thread very carefully and/or I didn't see the suggestion.
5) Some other reason I can't think of right now.

Of course, this may be completely unnecessary if Peter Bell or one of the other Axiom staffers is reading this thread.

(commenting on bold part)

Is the whole purpose of the customer council to speak on behalf of Axiom customers and/or consumers in general than just in the self-interest of the individuals that sit on the council or a little of both?

I would hope the latters is not case and that the customer council will pass on all ideas whether they agree with them or not. In a sense acting as an official representative and in the best interest of the consumer and their POV. IMO if there is strong heated debate between the producer (Axiom) and the Customer Council (speaking on behalf of all Axiom customers) and each party/group acting in their own best interest (having critical debates), this can spark progress, future growth and innovation otherwise I hope it does not end up being counter-productive.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #298157 03/24/10 12:23 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
To lighten things up a bit...

I want a Ninja crossover!

I kid, I kid!

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7
SRoode #298158 03/24/10 12:45 AM
axiomite
axiomite
To ascertain what Axiom may put out or want to put out as 'new ideas' in the future will really come from the corporate direction that Axiom is moving or wants to move as a company.
That is to say, if Axiom has an interest in becoming the next Sony, the new ideas they may consider could be anything under the electronics category, starting with any X or Y.
If Axiom has an interest to stay close to what they started with, speakers, then one must assume their search for 'new ideas' will involve a venture in that specific regard.

In brief, what new ideas a customer council may be looking for has to be tied to what it is Axiom wants to be as a company.
I'm hoping the council asked that question of Ian and co. It is kind of an important piece of information before one can go looking for a ideas or solutions.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
SRoode #298159 03/24/10 12:45 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Mr. Sroode, if your subwoofer(s) are doing their job your surrounds should sound like they are producing the full frequency range.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
SRoode #298160 03/24/10 12:52 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: SRoode
To lighten things up a bit...

I want a Ninja crossover!

I kid, I kid!

I'm sure for the right price, Jay would part with his...

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
SRoode #298161 03/24/10 12:57 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: SRoode
I'm not arguing that I should have bought that speaker Ken (because I had the choice and didn't), and I'm not saying that I trust their published responses more or less than Axioms. But, that is what they published, and it seems to get good reviews. This is my wish list, and I want an Axiom surround like the QS8 that can go down to at least 60Hz. I'd like to see Axiom try to do this, because I do believe in the company and trust their response curves.

This is a very old topic of conversation. It popped up when people realized that their 90Hz min. surrounds didn't play as low as the recommended 80Hz crossover fearing a huge 'loss' in sound quality (over a whopping 10-15Hz range limited to the surround channels only).

Why would any sound engineer mix a LFE specifically for the surrounds when no surround speaker (aside from a full range speaker which is typically equally limited) can play nearly that low a frequency?
Tracks are mixed knowing a sub would be required for this sound range.

With a non-directional playback of low frequencies, any LFE from the subwoofer should 'sound' like it is coming from a rear/side surround as mixed with cues higher than the LFE.

Making a surround speaker that plays a lower frequency is a moot point. It is a mental roadblock that makes a listener 'believe' without a full range surround they are somehow missing audio information.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Page 12 of 34 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 33 34

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020