axiomite
axiomite
George Carlin is one of my prophets.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
Re: Ann Coulter
medic8r #298560 03/26/10 03:10 AM
aficionado
aficionado
It's hard to defend Ann Coulter, as she cashes in on sensationalism, but the vile stuff folks dish at her while turning a blind eye to leftist loons is pure comedy.

Coulter is evil, but Maddow is OK? Rush is evil, but Rev. Wright is OK? There's far more deranged folks on the left than the right, IMO. And they never get called out for their insane utterances.

RayLewis #298569 03/26/10 04:18 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: RayLewis
Political discussions anywhere are tough these days.

You hit it right on the head. I am amazed at how violent they get. Rarely is there ever a real thought provoking conversation. Instead, and yes it happens here too (read some of the posts to this point) that they are just angry words tossed out about how stupid someone is, or how psycho one side's beliefs are. Bash bash bash.

I know that I am a minority on the Axiom forums in that I am a conservative, but even the Republican party isn't conservative any more, and that doesn't mean that I listen to or blindly follow the banter of the right-wing media either.

I have learned to gather my information, and make my own decisions. If people want to have useful conversations about politics here, then at least step back and examine the "infallible" people that you are backing and consider that the government and political system (at least in the US) as a whole is corrupt and the idea of actually doing what is right for the greater good was lost decades ago. If you can see through your own political party's smoke and mirrors, then you are one step closer to adding a valuable contribution to a political discussion. I for one, am stepping out of this one. If someone would like to have a real conversation about politics some time, I am all for it. If you don't want Ann Coulter in your country, it doesn't mean that we want her back either. :-) Now I find no real offense in FredK's original post. In fact, it is fairly humorous. So I'm not really talking about him.

(note: Before people start freaking out at me, re-read what I have stated above. Nowhere did I bash one single party. The above statements are valid for "either" party in the US.)

Sure, I'll still tick someone off for calling them out for making these statement, and that isn't my intent. Heck, I see things on Axiom people's Facebook posts, and I just let them go as personal expression, etc. I just know how, on a forum where discussions are the whole point, things can get out of hand on certain topics.

OK. Flame away. Put me on your ignore list because I've offended you with my comments of being civil.

Maybe we should just set up a forum for Right Wingers and one for Left Wingers and people can say what they want and people from the "other" group can't see it. Then everyone can bask in their own party's glory without offending anyone else. Who knows.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
FordPrefect #298570 03/26/10 04:22 AM
veteran
veteran
To clarify a common misconception, The University Of Ottawa did NOT cancel Coulter's speech, Coulter and the organizers of the speech did. They're just spinning it so she can play the victim and get more attention.

nickbuol #298575 03/26/10 05:45 AM
fredk Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Hey Nick. I think your post is bang on. I don't consider what Coulter spews political commentary. My post was half humour and half 'I can't believe this is taking place'.

It was one of those post first and then think about it after moments.

Politics seems to have turned into a team sport where you cheer for the home team no matter what. I have voted both conservative and liberal (Canadian Democrat) over the years based on who I thought made the most sense.

Coulter and Levant make no sense to me. They seem more like a Circus freak show than anything else: a bastard child of reality TV.

Sorry to those I may have offended.

Oh, thanks for taking Ann back. The offer on Levant is still open...

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
medic8r #298576 03/26/10 05:48 AM
fredk Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: medic8r
George Carlin is one of my prophets.

Yeah. I saw him live a couple of times. Now if people like him were foolish enough to get into politics things could get interesting...

Fred

-------
fredk #298577 03/26/10 07:25 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I have seen Chris Rock and Lewis Black, and Bill Cosby was my college commencement speaker. That was pretty cool.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
Craig_P #298584 03/26/10 08:45 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Craig_P
To clarify a common misconception, The University Of Ottawa did NOT cancel Coulter's speech, Coulter and the organizers of the speech did. They're just spinning it so she can play the victim and get more attention.

That is incorrect. Ann Coulter was informed that her appearance was cancelled because they could not guaranty her safety.

It's nice to see free speech is flourishing in Kanookistan.

In Canada you're free to speak as long as you tow the politically correct multicultural party line. If you deviate, then you risk prosecution under Canada's hate speech laws guided by their Human Rights Councils.

The OIC is pushing the UN to pass hate speech resolutions which would effectively criminalize any discussion of Islam which offends, and some folks are so easily offended.

So, those who are so quick to urge not only restrictions of Ann Coulter's freedom of speach but silencing her speech because she expresses contrary views in an intelligent and confrontational manner, will, if they have their way, see the end of freedom of speech in the USA for all of us.

Canada is a disgraceful cautionary example of political correctness on its way to leftist fascism.

JMO

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #298586 03/26/10 09:13 AM
fredk Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
That is incorrect. Fortunately we north of the border still have a few real journalists who actually pay attention to these things.

Its funny, Coulter comes up to lecture us about free speech, but then 'complains' when others freely express their feelings about her. The only free speach she cares about is hers.

Somehow it does not surprise me that you would accept Coulter at face value when it has been shown time and again that she is very, um, 'liberal' with the truth.

Edit: you do realize don't you, that in buying Axiom product you are supporting the leftist fachist Republic of Kanukistan? If I were you I'd burn those speakers right now. They are probably beaming subliminal fachist propaganda at you 24/7...

Last edited by fredk; 03/26/10 09:17 AM.

Fred

-------
grunt #298589 03/26/10 09:53 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters