Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 74 of 183 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 182 183
Re: What video games are you playing tonight?
CV #296351 03/13/10 09:24 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
I played a little bit of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It's pretty cool, but I'm disappointed the Xbox 360 controller doesn't work so well on the PC version. One of the sticks isn't recognized properly, so I can only move, not look. I hope they fix the issue. I'd rather not have to use the keyboard and mouse for games unless I have to now that I have my computer hooked up to my TV. I did buy a LapLogic lapdesk for when I need to use them, but the experience still isn't perfect. Part of the problem is I never take the time to re-map keys to what would be easier for me. What do the rest of you do for customizing control schemes in PC games?

I'm finally going to have a PS3 again this weekend. I think it's time. A lot of big games are coming out for it, and I'm planning on rearranging my home theater gear this weekend, so I wanted it in place. I'll really need to devote some energy into cable management when I switch what I'm using for my entertainment stand, too. Otherwise, it will look atrocious.

CV #296375 03/13/10 03:57 PM
This is EA we're talking about. Remember Battlefield II? Horrible crashiness.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
chesseroo #296644 03/15/10 12:38 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: chesseroo
Someone sent me a link for DDO about two months ago.
http://www.ddo.com/
I love the fact that its free.
Haven't done a ton with it and the game was very buggy until a recent update.
It's alot more fun to play with friends but geez, some ppl have ALOT of time on their hands.
Mercy me.

As a long time MMPORPG gamer, I tried that one when I discovered it had become "free to play" (was originally subscription based like all the rest.) I actually found it so bad compared to some of the good subscription based games that I quickly abandoned it and went back to paying 15 bucks a month for another. I guess you get what you pay for and if you are not willing to pay $15 bucks a month to run around a virtual world with your friends, than who am I to say it's a bad game.

Currently, we have settled on playing Everquest II the last couple of years. The world is immense, it easily dwarfs Oblivion, but yet just as detailed. Maybe even more so as it covers a world full of many, many climates and corresponding cultural diversities. To give you an idea of the uncanny size of some of these subscription based games, I have been playing EQ II regularly (couple times a week) for 2 years and I still have only explored maybe 70% of it and that is without counting the newly released expansion .Best of all, it's almost entirely mature gamers who have been around since the old EQ 1 days instead of thousands of bunny hopping, Chuck Norris joke spewing young teens and Korean gold farmers like in World of Warcraft. You have to be a serious player though as it is 15 a month US to play.

This may seem odd to people who have never played a subscription game before but when you see the amount of work they put into it, regular expansions, and the endless possibilities in such a game it starts to make sense. For me its the addition of real social interactions with my real life friends and also the cooperation of guildamtes from all over the world, verses just dealing with menu led discussions with AI. Friday nights are our regular late night sessions (Yes, like the buddies I play with, I'm old and married so Fridays are as good a night as any)and I might put in 5-6 extra hours during the week.

Real life always comes first and I figure $15/month for say 30 hours a month or so enjoyment is not that bad of a deal considering I'd be spending a LOT more if I was hanging out at a pub every Friday night instead.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #297517 03/20/10 09:17 PM
C
CV Offline
C
Metro 2033

I pre-purchased it on Steam a while back because they were offering Red Faction: Guerilla for free along with it, and someone at work said that that game was a lot of fun. I've only played both games a little bit. They seem like they would be fun if I dug into them, but my attention span isn't so great lately. Also, I'm having sound issues with my computer. It mainly affects music playback, but today it was happening with my game, too. The sound will be fine for a while, and then suddenly it will go all scratchy. I don't really know what's causing it, but I'm guessing there's something amiss with the HDMI audio out on the video card. It's going to be very annoying if it keeps happening.

CV #298187 03/24/10 04:57 AM
C
CV Offline
C
Just Cause 2 for PC. I got it on disc, and while it's released under Games for Windows, it also has a Steam activation code, which I was happy about. I like when disc-based games integrate with Steam. And the good thing about Games for Windows is that they usually have Xbox 360 controller support for these kinds of games. I'm no longer good at the keyboard/mouse combo, so it's nice to be able to use the controller, especially now that I'm sitting on the couch to play my PC games.

I can't say much for the voice acting, but the gameplay is fun so far, and it's running very smoothly. Blowing stuff up is nice.

CV #298743 03/27/10 03:46 AM
C
CV Offline
C
God of War III

I only played to the first save point, but it seems like it should be fun enough. Nice art and sense of scale, but I don't really like the character I'm playing. Maybe if I'd played the first two.

A couple of guys at work keep telling me to get Final Fantasy XIII, but I'm not sure it's really my cup of tea. Maybe I'll borrow it from one of them after they've played it enough.

I'll probably play a lot more Just Cause 2 this weekend.

CV #298745 03/27/10 04:25 AM
aficionado
aficionado

Finished BF: BC 2 today. Very well done! I ended up relying on the RPG and sniper rifle for nearly the last half of the game.

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED
CV #298818 03/27/10 06:59 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: CV
God of War III

I only played to the first save point, but it seems like it should be fun enough. Nice art and sense of scale, but I don't really like the character I'm playing. Maybe if I'd played the first two.

A couple of guys at work keep telling me to get Final Fantasy XIII, but I'm not sure it's really my cup of tea. Maybe I'll borrow it from one of them after they've played it enough.

I'll probably play a lot more Just Cause 2 this weekend.

I read that Kratos is not very likable as a character throughout most of this new game. I mean, I don't know how much of a sympathetic character he is to begin with. It probably builds on the first two games (which were very fun, by the way).

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
St_PatGuy #298821 03/27/10 07:13 PM
C
CV Offline
C
I may pick up the collection with the first two games if I like this well enough. I figured I should go for the new one before investing in games from the previous generation.

I do like how God of War III starts, with Kratos ascending Mount Olympus along with some huge allies. It certainly makes it feel epic.

CV #298876 03/28/10 12:44 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Augh, I got all in the mood to replay the first game and. . . .after searching through my closet, it seems I've sold it. \:\(

Stupid garage sale. . . .

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
Page 74 of 183 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 182 183

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082