Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: The First Movie you ever saw at the Cinema
Adrian #299861 04/01/10 05:09 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I just read the "Let's take a trip to California and fire one up" thread. Back in the day, right after the drive in movie started - that wonderful smell of burning oregeno would waft across the parking lot.....aaaahhhh. The last times that I went, if you wanted to stay in your car, they were transimitting on a FM channel so the sound was pretty good too. But, there is something to be said for dragging out the cooler and lawn chairs and listening on those crappy, tinny sounding speakers too..

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill
Adrian #299863 04/01/10 05:28 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Can't say, for sure, what was the first movie I saw. We got our first TV in 1950 and I probably saw a movie or two on TV, and maybe even a few in a theater by that time. However, I can tell you the first movie I REMEMBER seeing in a theater. It was The Thing (now known as The Thing From Another World). It scared me to the point that, to this day, generally speaking, I do not enjoy the Science Fiction/Fantasy and Suspense/Horror genres. There are, of course, notable exceptions. I was probably 5 years old when I saw this movie.

I also remember being taken, a few years later, to the see The Creature From The Black Lagoon. If there was any hope of enjoying the Science Fiction/Fantasy and Suspense/Horror genres after seeing The Thing, seeing The Creature From The Black Lagoon, murdered it.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #299868 04/01/10 06:00 PM
R
veteran
veteran
R
Funny how the thread on volume levels is now the "Let's take a trip to California and fire one up" thread.

I used to LOVE the Creature from the Black Lagoon. I only saw it on TV, but that really was one of my favorites when I was young. In fact, I'm going to search and see if I can find it on DVD. I recently found on DVD, in a store going out of business, one of my other long-time favorites--I Spit on Your Grave. It was actually pretty cheap, so I grabbed it! (Another of my all-time favorites, Bikini Car Wash Factory, is unbelievably expensive on DVD!)

Hey, I think this is my 100th post.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020