Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 34 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 33 34
Re: Ideas? I wish Axiom would make a.....
CV #315154 07/17/10 08:59 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
I know this is old now, but I've been trying to think of how it would work in my system.

Summit Wireless Technology Delivers Uncompromised Wireless HD Audio (Audioholics)

I like what it offers, but I don't really know how you'd integrate it with your receiver or pre-pro. I would think you'd want it to be part of that main component as opposed to an add-on. Also, powering your speakers becomes an issue. Not an issue if you're only doing the subwoofers with this technology, but if you're doing your whole system, you'd probably want a monoblock with each speaker. I would love to see Axiom offer their amp as a monoblock, but again, the cost would be an issue. Of course, you could probably have more powerful amps for your mains and use more modest ones for the surrounds, which might make it more realistic.

One part of the write-up on Summit stood out:

Quote:
The Summit Wireless team informed me that they could integrate this solution into virtually any loudspeaker design and eliminate the need of a passive crossover, thus creating a truly active bi-amplified speaker solution with perfect driver phase and time alignment. Very cool!

Wouldn't that be nice?

If Chris's pre-pro project turns out well, I think Axiom should get him on board to go a step further and include this wireless technology (even if it's not going to 192 kHz), offer monoblock options that I can afford (since this is all about me), and perhaps hire someone to make a nice GUI for it. Of course, a more standard wired version would be an appropriate product sibling, but I like the automatic calibration aspects of this solution. This time alignment/phase adjustment is what I want more than anything. I wouldn't feel I was missing out on full-blown Audyssey, though I'm still curious about Dynamic EQ. Picking and choosing out of what Audyssey does, though, I'd want what this system does, leaving the frequency response alone.

What am I not thinking of? It seems like I had more to say about this.

CV #315156 07/17/10 09:15 AM
C
CV Offline
C
By the way, do I post in this thread too much? I feel like I'm spouting a bunch of nonsense and you're all just letting me instead of pointing out how ridiculous my ideas are. Ha ha. Seriously, feel free to ground me.

CV #315164 07/17/10 01:52 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
After looking at some of the products Andrew Welker designed for Mirage I would say use his design philosophies and engineering expertise in bringing to market a high end 2 channel loudspeaker that is in the same price class as the A1400-8 amp. The A1400-2 amp would be then the perfect amp to pair with said loudspeaker. I have always found it strange that Axioms highest priced product is an amp that is significantly more expensive than their flagship speakers.

This idea also does not compete with their current line of products which I think makes this even more attractive.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #315274 07/18/10 04:51 AM
J
J
No, no no, you've got that backwards, Axiom should simply be lowering the price of the A1400-2 to match the cost effectiveness of the speaker line up, something along the range of $500-1000. wink smile

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #315276 07/18/10 04:56 AM
C
CV Offline
C
Whew, someone who's on OUR side.

CV #315284 07/18/10 05:31 AM
devotee
devotee
Couldn't agree more!

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
CV #315285 07/18/10 05:55 AM
Charles, Dynamic EQ works off of the frequency response adjustments that Audyssey makes as a result of its room measurements. So, Dynamic EQ can't work if the frequency response is "left alone", if that's what you meant.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

JohnK #315286 07/18/10 06:09 AM
C
CV Offline
C
No, I realize that.

BlueJays1 #315351 07/18/10 07:37 PM
C
CV Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Dr.House
After looking at some of the products Andrew Welker designed for Mirage I would say use his design philosophies and engineering expertise in bringing to market a high end 2 channel loudspeaker that is in the same price class as the A1400-8 amp.

In somewhat the same vein, I wonder if Axiom could be looking into changing from MDF to another material for any of their offerings. I remember Alan explaining the desirable Q of MDF (is that right?), and it may indeed be the most cost-effective way to achieve their quality of sound, but I've always been curious what they might do with another cabinet material.

CV #315352 07/18/10 07:42 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ascend Acoustics is using Bamboo which is a break from traditional MDF. It is more expensive than MDF. Here is what they have to say about it.

Exclusive V-LAM™ Cabinet Construction

In order to greatly reduce cabinet resonance and energy loss common with MDF enclosures, the Sierra-1 cabinet is made from vertically oriented laminated bamboo. There are over 200 individual sheets of ¼" thick bamboo, each laminated to another and arranged such that each panel is vertical forming a baffle that is 3/4" thick. This cabinet has extremely low resonance... Warning, perform knuckle-rap test at your own risk!

The inside walls are lined with top-grade damping material and each joint is well braced. We custom tooled a high-flow flared port tube which is flush mounted into the rear of the cabinet. All drivers are flush mounted to reduce baffle reflections and the front baffle vertical edges have a beautiful radius which aids in the reduction of diffraction.

V-LAM™
Construction
Bamboo is an environmentally friendly renewable resource. Ecologically, the harvesting of bamboo does not affect the world's dwindling timber resources. Technically considered a grass, bamboo has the ability to grow to maturity in only 3-6 years. The intricate root system remains unharmed upon harvesting and allows for sustainable future growth.

Bamboo is incredibly strong and considered one of the most durable hardwoods. It has a tensile strength that is stronger than steel and the vertical orientation of the panels we use take full advantage of this.

The bamboo we use is completely moisture resistant. MDF will swell when exposed to moisture and this is often the cause for the cracking and peeling of the various finishes applied to MDF loudspeakers over a period of time.

All joints are well braced.

All drivers are flush mounted to reduce reflections.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
Page 25 of 34 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 33 34

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020