Originally Posted By: Captain4105
Thanks for all the responses. One other question. Will the M60's produce a rich mid range for say strings of an orchestra? I ask this because I love the idea of a total integrated speaker system with smooth extension down to the stated 37Hz.

Cap'n,
I have the 60's with a 500 sub. Never listened to the others. I would have - but no one close enough responded to grant me a listening test. What I can tell you is (based on a lot of excellent suggestions from John) orchestral music sounds superb to my ears coming from the 60's. My receiver has a switch that allows me to listen to all speakers or to go "pure direct" which only sends signals to the mains. At first, I spent a lot of time on that switch to understand the capabilties of the 60's vs. the entire system. I would sit on the couch (sweet spot) and close my eyes and just listen. Echoing several remarks in this thread, I don't think you will be dissapointed no matter which way you go..........Rob

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill