Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Over Research Mode
St_PatGuy #308124 05/26/10 02:40 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Mark, you weren't kidding!

Thanks for the post, Andrew. I think I'm gonna print it up and hang onto it. I was looking at sea kayaks a couple years ago. . .and then I moved to Arizona. I'm not giving up hope though!

I see your dillema but aren't there some pretty big rivers in Arizona if I'm not mistaken. Like the famous Colorado? I have no idea really about how big they get for a sea kayak to be the boat of choice but there has to be some great relaxing river paddling and probably a lot of whitewater kayaking too, depending on your interest.

I've never been that far south in the West but hopefully I'll pass through there one day on my way to paddle around the Baja.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #308128 05/26/10 03:06 AM
G
aficionado
aficionado
G
 Originally Posted By: Murph

Thanks for the post, Andrew. I think I'm gonna print it up and hang onto it. I was looking at sea kayaks a couple years ago. . .and then I moved to Arizona. I'm not giving up hope though!

I see your dillema but aren't there some pretty big rivers in Arizona if I'm not mistaken. Like the famous Colorado? I have no idea really about how big they get for a sea kayak to be the boat of choice but there has to be some great relaxing river paddling and probably a lot of whitewater kayaking too, depending on your interest.

I've never been that far south in the West but hopefully I'll pass through there one day on my way to paddle around the Baja.
The colorado is a fine river ... but depending on where you get in it .... top current and 3 foot down two different currents .. I'm not talkin Grand canyon thats diff, if your a hiker do Havasupai Canyon!

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008
Glitchy #308129 05/26/10 03:18 AM
axiomite
axiomite
The current in the Grand Canyon is pretty impressive, well, scary actually.

Wordgasm. I plan to return to the colorado some day to do more hiking. My trip down the Grand Canyon is one of the more memorable ones. Its amazing what water and a little time can produce!

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #308130 05/26/10 03:22 AM
shareholder in the making
 Originally Posted By: fredk
It's amazing what water and a little lot of time can produce!

Fixed that for ya. \:\)

Murph #308134 05/26/10 03:38 AM
axiomite
axiomite

Yes, there are lakes and rivers out here. I have yet to actually go out and find them. *embarrassed* Freshwater is probably my best bet. I remember vacationing at Lake Powell when I was younger.

As much as I enjoyed being out on the ocean in my buddy's tin can of a boat, I'm admittedly a bit frightened of the sea. Um, you know, the sharks and all. I'm serious, Jaws is one of the most effective sphincter-puckerers of a movie in the long term sense. That's ALL I think about when I swim in the ocean.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
St_PatGuy #308139 05/26/10 05:40 AM
If I ever meet you, I'll be sure to show you this one movie about demons who live in speakers and crawl out of the ports when you fall asleep.

pmbuko #308141 05/26/10 05:44 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Oh sure! Take all the fun out of my life!

\:D

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
pmbuko #308142 05/26/10 06:11 AM
So I guess that sealed enclosures do have some advantages, Peter.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

St_PatGuy #308170 05/26/10 04:42 PM
axiomite
axiomite
As much as I enjoyed being out on the ocean in my buddy's tin can of a boat, I'm admittedly a bit frightened of the sea. Um, you know, the sharks and all. I'm serious, Jaws is one of the most effective sphincter-puckerers of a movie in the long term sense. That's ALL I think about when I swim in the ocean.

We have nice warm swimming water in our summer months but luckily it's not long enough a season to encourage sharks to make regular visits. In fact, most locals would (incorrectly)say we don't have any but in truth, they are out there but stick to the deep sea areas. They are sometimes hooked by tuna or deep sea sports fisherman. However we are lucky, they never come close to shore and we have never had a recorded attack in known history.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #308176 05/26/10 05:18 PM
we have never had a recorded attack in known history.

Oh, crap. NOW you've done it Murph! \:\)

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,046 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup