Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
Re: Re: Headphones Recommendations
DaMagicman #323892 09/26/10 04:21 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
If you enjoy using what you've got, that's all that matters. However, I think you're not supposed to actually spell out that entire "B--e" word here.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #323931 09/26/10 10:19 PM
J
shareholder in the making
J
No Bose is Okay, they do make good small speakers, just way overhyped and priced for the performance given, much like Monster.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
BobKay #323942 09/26/10 11:16 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted By: BobKay
If you enjoy using what you've got, that's all that matters. However, I think you're not supposed to actually spell out that entire "B--e" word here.

Opps sorry for using the B word

It's no use carrying an umbrella, if your shoes are leaking.

jakewash #323944 09/26/10 11:19 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Small speakers are not good just based on plain physics alone and when you don't have a proper subwoofer integrated with the system ala Boses proprietary bass module, you will not get good performance in even an average sized home listening environment. With other manufacturers like Orb Audio that specialize in small speakers atleast you get better build quality in the product and IMO better aesthetics.

When it comes to Monster, their cables do what they do - pass a signal at a premium price. When it comes to anything regarding sound quality it comes at a high premium and usually inferior to much lower cost alternatives and outclassed by many at the same price point. Since this is a headphone thread you can compare Monsters Beats premium line of headphones to much lower cost alternatives. Monster also has a history of bully business tactics which rub a lot of consumers the wrong way as well which IMO makes them worse than Bose.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #323945 09/26/10 11:21 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I ordered some Denon headphones. Should be here next weak. I'll let you know what I think of them.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #323947 09/26/10 11:32 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Cool! What model did you order? Looking forward to your impressions in the coming week(s).

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #323972 09/27/10 03:58 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Sweet. Please Let us know how the denon headphones turn out.

-David
terzaghi #323973 09/27/10 04:06 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Remember to play with positioning and give us a full report.

CV #324030 09/27/10 05:59 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: CV
Remember to play with positioning and give us a full report.

LOL!

The funny thing is I find most headphones are more comfortable when you rotate them so the top portion of the headband is positioned slightly forward than placing them directly on the top of the noggin. The pictures of the Denon headphones I have seen look mighty comfortable!

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #324878 10/05/10 11:06 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Here is the newest pair of headphones to enter the marketplace.

Ultrasone Debuts its First Open Back Edition Headphone – Edition 10

Uniquely designed open back earcups with Zebrano wood inlays and titanium-plated drivers

Only 2010 will be produced and each pair comes with a Zebrano wood headphone stand, wood storage case & is balanced input ready

Murrieta, Calif. - (October 4, 2010) – Ultrasone Inc., distributor for German headphone manufacturer Ultrasone AG, proudly announces the release of its first open back special edition headphone – Edition 10. The long awaited open back Edition 10 headphone boasts the most luxurious feature set of any special edition headphone to date. With Zebrano wood ear cup inlays, Ethiopian sheepskin leather ear cup pads, Titanium plated drivers, Kevlar coated cables and a limited number of 2010 units available, Ultrasone's Edition 10 represent the companies most lavishly appointed and highly coveted speciality headphones ever created.

The Edition 10 is a result of years of painstaking R&D to ensure the first open backed special edition headphone met the rigorous standards set by its predecessors. The ear cups alone are a triumph in both form and function, resulting in a design never before created by Ultrasone's engineers. Drawing inspiration from natural forms, the Edition 10's ear cups feature high levels of air permeability through the grills, high specific torsion strength and extremely low resonance, all in a lightweight design.

The outer ear cup is finished with galvanic Ruthenium plating and with a Zebrano wood inlay, which is coated with eight layers of clear lacquer for protection. The Edition 10's inner ear cup, as well as the head-pad, is adorned with reddish brown Ethiopian sheepskin. This type of leather is known for being the most supple leather available, achieving the maximum level of comfort and sound isolation.

The drivers selected for the Edition 10 have been specially tuned for open back headphones. The Titanium-plated 40mm drivers have been designed with a 10% more powerful magnet for enhanced sound pressure levels. Each set of drivers have been individually paired with a tolerance of +/- 0.4.

Attention to detail can be seen at every level with the Edition 10s and the cable is no exception. Ultrasone has incorporated silver-plated OFC 99.99% pure copper wires and utilized Kevlar as the casing, achieving increased current flow, improved flexibility and lower overall weight. In addition, the Edition 10 is designed to be balanced input ready, so audiophiles who wish to implement a balanced cable configuration do not have to change the entire wire, rather connect XLR connectors instead of the 6.3mm connector.

Ultrasone's latest headphones employ S-Logic™ Plus technology, resulting in an impartial acoustic feeling that affords the listener the utmost spacious tonal perception. This gives users the advantage of wearing Ultrasone headphones for many hours without their ears hurting. Ultrasone's newest headphones also contain MU-Metal shielding (ULE technology) that reduce the amount of radiation directed to the listener by up to 98%, as compared to conventional headphones.

Each Edition 10 headphone comes with a hand crafted Zebrano wood headphone stand and is housed in its own wooden box for safe storage and transportation. Only 2010 Edition 10 headphones will be produced, each one will be embossed with its own serial number.

Edition 10 Technical Specifications
S-LogicTM Plus technology
Dynamic principle, open
Frequency range: 5 - 45000 Hz
Impedance 32 Ohm
Sound pressure level 99 dB
MU Metal bufferboard,
Reduced field emissions in accordance with ULE standard
40 mm titanium-plated driver
Magnet NdFeB
Weight 282g (excl. cord)
Cord length: 3m
Aramid fiber enhanced
Silver plated high-flex cable (OFC 99.99 % pure copper)
6.3 mm gold plated plug

The Edition 10 headphones have a MSRP of $2,749 and will be available at www.ultrasone.com and high-end audio retailers worldwide.

For additional information on Ultrasone's Edition 10 headphone, please contact PR Representative Brian Metcalf at (305) 576-1171 x11 or by e-mail at brianmetcalf@maxborgesagency.com. To learn more about Ultrasone, go to www.edition-10.com.

About Ultrasone
Based near Munich, Germany, Ultrasone AG has been manufacturing headphones for the audio market for over 17 years, during which time the company has developed and applied for more than 60 patents for its innovative technology. The company's unique, patented S-Logic™ technology creates natural surround sound without the use of additional electronic devices. Ultrasone headphones represent a safer listening experience by reducing sound pressure on the ear drum by up to 40% and also by offering shielding from EMF radiation up to 98% through the use of patented ULE (ultra low emission) technology. For more information about Ultrasone headphones, go to www.ultrasone.com.

-Max Payne
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020