Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
Re: 2 Grand total
Wid #315586 07/20/10 02:45 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: wid

No big deal, don't worry about it. One change to the system; I'm selling her my A3-300 and just put an order in for the A5-350 smile

Cuz the neighbours haven't complained yet? grin

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
2x6spds #315591 07/20/10 03:54 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
I purchased a pair of Axiom M3V3s. I was looking forward to hearing the new tweeter, and the new 6.5" driver and checking out the magnetic grills. After all, the Axiom website informs us that the new M3s driver and tweeter result in improved sound quality.

Imagine my surprise when I unwrapped my new M3V3s and saw the same old black-eyed-pea 6.5" driver and the same old plug in grill covers. I noticed that the cabinet plaque on the back identified these as M3V2s. I called and emailed. I don’t think I got M3V3s I said. "You don't like them?" was the inappropriate response delivered in a particularly dismissive and arrogant manner.

I asked about my speakers, are they M3V3s or not? Yes, I was told, you got the M3V3s just the old cabinet without the magnetic latches. What about the V2 plaque? Same story. What about the 6.5" black eye pea drivers? They're the same as the new ones I was told.

How can I tell if I have the new tweeter. Just check the serial number I was told.

Now, don't get me wrong. These M3s in glossy cherry are beautiful and they sound great.

Do I have the strong feeling that I have a pair of beautiful and great sounding M3V2s instead of the new M3V3s? I sure do.

As to the vaunted Axiom customer service, I can say there is a profound difference between dealing with Noreen, Amie or Joe (MHRIP) as I did in years past, and the new crowd. No comparison.

Anyway, Dr. House. Some things change, and not always for the better. As to the enforcers, some things stay the same, not always for the better.

Do not get frustrated, I got also a couple of non very scientific answers from Axiom Audio advisors not long ago, while inquiring about their subs (to the point that I ended buying a Velodyne) even from one of their engineers. Later on I got a more coherent answer, at least not absurd, but still with a completelly wrong approach...I let the issue go, as I was assuming the same you did, where have all the good times gone!!!

So now the drivers are the same just with a different dust-cap? Is that what you were told, so there is no improvement on the drivers, AFAIK there was nothing wrong with the old dust-caps...

Sorry guys but the more I read here about them, the more I'm inclined to believe that the V3 was just s cosmetic side movement, rather than a true improvement, but we still need to hear them and not from a fanboy...

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!
2x6spds #315599 07/20/10 04:36 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
I asked about my speakers, are they M3V3s or not? Yes, I was told, you got the M3V3s just the old cabinet without the magnetic latches. What about the V2 plaque? Same story. What about the 6.5" black eye pea drivers? They're the same as the new ones I was told.

What was the resolution to all of this? I certainly wouldn't have kept any speakers with remnants of v2 if I thought I was getting v3. That would really annoy me.

CV #315600 07/20/10 04:46 AM
The v2 vs v3 distinction has been gone over multiple times on this forum. It is NOT a hard cutoff. The designations are a distraction, unfortunately, that refer more to the time that the speaker was constructed than to which components it has.

2x6, you have a speaker with v3 components (including a v3 tweeter) before the white dust caps and magnetic grilles were rolled into production. You know better than to imply Axiom is trying to pull a fast one on you. If they were that kind of company, I doubt you'd be a customer.

Last edited by pmbuko; 07/20/10 04:48 AM.
CV #315608 07/20/10 05:03 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: CV

What was the resolution to all of this? I certainly wouldn't have kept any speakers with remnants of v2 if I thought I was getting v3. That would really annoy me.

Yes, CV, I kept them because I bought them as part of my sub $1,000 stereo system and I had a hard deadline for installation in my friend's house.

BUT, I am not happy about this and in my opinion this situation was not handled very well at all.

As to pmb's comment, pMB, you may know very well what I got, but I sure don't. While there may not be a "hard" distinction between M3V2s and M3V3s, it seems to me there are 4 distinguishing characteristics:

1. new drivers with white dust covers,
2. new cabinets with magnetic latches for grill overs;
3. new tweeter,
4. Plaque which indicates V3.

My V3s have black dustcovers, so I have no reason to believe they are the new woofers, the cabinet lacks the magnetic latches and has a plaque indicating they are M3V2s and the tweeter looks pretty much dentical to my M22s.

I think I'm pretty deep into the V2 range of your soft cut-off.

However, I don't think the matter was handled in a straightforward manner. In fact, it was handled so poorly that I do question whether my M3s have any V3 in them whatsoever.

Trust is everything and the bullet proof straightforwardness that characterized all my dealings with Amie, Joe V. and Noreen just isn't there with Brent or Jean Claude. Previously it was just a matter of ignoring Alan Lofft. Now, I must say my confidence and trust are shaken.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
pmbuko #315610 07/20/10 05:07 AM
C
CV Offline
C
Minor tweaks to the performance over time I can understand, but cosmetic and functional changes that are considered part of the launch of v3 should be on product being sold as v3.

MarkSJohnson #315613 07/20/10 05:08 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

Yeah, but which side of you wins, Dean?

Originally Posted By: htnut

The right side

Don’t think I’m joking. I learned a long time ago that no one in their right mind messes with a crazy person so I walk around work all the time having verbal arguments with myself. No one ever makes fun of me, I wonder why. . . . Actually one person, my carpool buddy does make fun of me but then she’s crazy too. Just the other day I asked her what it was that finally made her decide to start talking with me one day and she said it was because she saw me talking to myself and realized I was “weird” like her.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
medic8r #315615 07/20/10 05:09 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: medic8r
Originally Posted By: grunt
Seems to me it usually takes more than one person to argue. Well I argue with myself all the time but then I’m weird. wink

You're absolutely right. And, I would add, when you (Dean) have engaged other posters in debates/arguments, you have done so in a constructive, healthy way, IMHO.

God, I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here. Arguing is not inherently evil. A well-made argument can enlighten people. If a person is in the right and can persuade others of that fact, then, of course, a well-played argument serves a purpose. But endless arguing on audio boards is madness. So much of what we're talking about is subjective, for crying out loud. Who can win such arguments? And if you do "win" the argument, at what cost?

One last thing. Does anyone else think the "fanboy" card is being inappropriately overplayed?

Thanks Doc. I will have to admit to taking a shot at some people now and then but if I do rest assured there is a teaching point behind it, usually involving holding up a mirror to said individual. That comment is also usually my parting shot since once the personal attacks start there’s usually no going back. So I “win” my side of those arguments by not clicking the “submit” button on that topic anymore. They other guy can have the last word since It’s not that important to me.

You are absolutely correct that arguments can be constructive but IMO only when they don’t devolve down to the personal level. When the discussion becomes about the people having the argument and not the subject at hand it’s time to end it since it’s value is gone.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
Wid #315617 07/20/10 05:10 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: wid

Back on topic. What I have decided on is the Ascend CMT-340 SE mains, CMT-340-SE center and the HTM-200 SE for rears. They are running a special on this combo right now. For the sub it's going to be the eD A3-250.

You fellas can have the thread back now.

Man come home from work expecting 20 pages just to find Rick comes back and ruins it all. wink

grunt #315618 07/20/10 05:14 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: grunt

Just the other day I asked her what it was that finally made her decide to start talking with me one day and she said it was because she saw me talking to myself and realized I was “weird” like her.

Really, it was the matching "Welcome Back, Kotter" lunch boxes they had.

I don't know why I picked that show?

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082