Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Help needed regarding my M22.
CatBrat #318161 08/10/10 08:43 PM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Have you tried it out to see if there is sound coming from all 3 speakers in the new M22?
Regarding sound coming out the answer is positive. I just want to make sure that there is no sound quality problem because of this matter. Guess that I should go for "if you can't hear any difference there is no problem" answer. smile

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
BlueJays1 #318163 08/10/10 08:46 PM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Originally Posted By: Dr.House
I'm still lost. If one speaker is the problem, why not send you a single speaker or the replacements parts for just that one speaker?
That is it! This is what I thought Axiom would offer me. So their answer made me confused also. LOL The problem is only on one speaker, the tweeter with dull color and this rear port thing. After contacting Axiom they made me this offer, lol.

Ichigo_Kurosaki #318165 08/10/10 08:54 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Do you know if the dull colour tweeter is the "new" or "old" version?

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #318168 08/10/10 09:01 PM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Have been told by Axiom that both of them are the new one, but they started manufacturing it with bright color, according to them it was too bright ( what I definitely disagree), now they only manufacture the dull one. The good thing is that if you are on a little dark room they will all look the same(the dull one has it's bright on the dark) till you turn on the lights. LOL

BlueJays1 #318171 08/10/10 09:05 PM
Jc Offline
aficionado
aficionado

Hi Dr. House,
The "v3" tweeter can be "dull" or "shinny". Both were used, lately, Axiom was manufacturing them with a dull finish because it was the preferred look for most of the people involved at Axiom.

jc
Jc #318188 08/10/10 09:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I get it know Ichigo. It seems the "shinny" tweeters are not being manufactured anymore, so if you want all your tweeters to match you will have to swap out all 3 to the "dull" tweeters which they are planning on sending you? Otherwise if they are in stock, they can just send you one "shinny" tweeter to match your current M22's. I am not sure where the 6 woofers fall in place. You should ask if you have to swap those as well.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #318191 08/10/10 09:54 PM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
I get it know Ichigo. It seems the "shinny" tweeters are not being manufactured anymore, so if you want all you tweeters to match you will have to swap out all 3 to "dull" tweeters which they are planning on sending you. Otherwise if they are in stock, they can just send you one "shinny" tweeter to match your current M22;s. I am not sure where the woofers fall in place.
Yep that's it, but I have been offered 3 new shinny tweeters, lol. Initially have been told that they could send me 2 new dull tweeters, but taking in consideration the shinny one has caught my attention the most Axiom would make a shinny one for me. Which is great! My first post to them was regarding this matter. Right after that I realized that I had the other issue with the "acrylic" thing and wires going on and after e-mailing them they proposed to send me 3 new shinny tweeters and 6 woofers. LOL The main thing is that I wanted to know if any of you guys could tell me if this "acrylic" cover would made any difference on the sound or not. So in case the answer was negative I would accept their offer. Even though I wouldn't really know what to do with 3 tweeters and 6 woofers. ( could try to DIY some speaker, but guess that would be hard to do)

Ichigo_Kurosaki #318192 08/10/10 09:55 PM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Originally Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki
I get it know Ichigo. It seems the "shinny" tweeters are not being manufactured anymore, so if you want all you tweeters to match you will have to swap out all 3 to "dull" tweeters which they are planning on sending you. Otherwise if they are in stock, they can just send you one "shinny" tweeter to match your current M22;s. I am not sure where the woofers fall in place.
Yep that's it, but I have been offered 3 new shinny tweeters, lol. Initially have been told that they could send me 2 new dull tweeters, but taking in consideration the shinny one has caught my attention the most Axiom would make a shinny one for me. Which is great! My first post to them was regarding this matter. Right after that I realized that I had the other issue with the "acrylic" thing and wires going on and after e-mailing them they proposed to send me 3 new shinny tweeters and 6 woofers. LOL The main thing is that I wanted to know if any of you guys could tell me if this "acrylic" cover would made any difference on the sound or not. So in case the answer was negative I would accept their offer. Even though I wouldn't really know what to do with 3 tweeters and 6 woofers. ( could try to DIY some speaker, but guess that would be hard to do)
Sorry for not explaining as I should have.

Ichigo_Kurosaki #318195 08/10/10 10:00 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ichigo, I'm confused all over again. crazy

As to the acrylic question, you should talk to one of their engineers regarding this on how and if it would effect performance.

Cheers!

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #318198 08/10/10 10:10 PM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Ichigo, I'm confused all over again. crazy

As to the acrylic question, you should talk to one of their engineers regarding this on how and if it would effect performance.

Cheers!
Let me start from square one. LOL Making a long story short, when I first received my M22 that was missing on my order after taking a look I realized that the tweeter color was different so e-mailed Axiom and have been offered to be sent 2 new dull tweeters. My reply to them was if there was any chance I could get just one shinny since I liked it best. While waiting for the answer, the second problem has been discovered, ( Acrylic cover missing on the back of the tweeter and the wires exposed) Another e-mail to Axiom and their reply was, " We can offer you 3 new shinny tweeters and 6 woofers, would you consider this offer?". So here I am trying to decide whether to accept it or not, although this offer has been a little strange to me though, since the answer expected by me would be that they could fix the M22 with the acrylic cover missing. Did you get what I mean? Sorry for the bad explanation.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters