Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 69 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 68 69
Re: Attendees; 30 Year Anniversary Celebration
fredk #322166 09/13/10 01:51 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ditto all that Fred said! Sooooooo cool! Every last bit of it! But glad to be (flick, inhale, hold it-----hold it----hold it, exhale) home.

Ottowa and Montreal were, as the Answer Grape told me, NOT the route to go home. But, hey, 790 miles, that's like 37,000 keelomeeters or something, in 10 hours ain't half bad, though I am half dead.

xxoo, Psycho Bunny

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
bridgman #322171 09/13/10 01:59 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Dang bridgeman. I just realized you were there and I never had a chance to talk to you.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
BobKay #322173 09/13/10 02:01 AM
shareholder in the making
Better man than me, Bob. I crapped out and got a hotel in Burlington, VT. I didn't think 'd make the last three hours. Though you obviously got an earlier start than me!

"Answer Grape"? I have no idea what you're talking about. You either "held it....held it" too long or I'm too tired!

Can't post about the weekend yet.... but in short, awesome!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #322177 09/13/10 02:11 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Likely not. Just still (to my great surprise) the road warrior I used to be. 24 hours straight in a truck 5 or six times a month for 3 years was a great break-in. Though I have driven from BOS to Dallas, more than once, in two days. Coast to coast in 3. I guess I AM PsychoBunny! Much more about all tomorrow----way late in the afternoon!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
fredk #322178 09/13/10 02:12 AM
axiomite
axiomite
So here's my rundown of the weekend.

I arrived Thursday afternoon figuring I would have a few hours to myself before meeting up with Mark, Adrian and Bobk only to find that Bob had already arrived (something about a tail wind) and Alan was also staying at Spring lake. We decided to sit down for coffee and much conversation about art, theater, music, and speaker designers ensued. Ended up being a little late meeting up with Mark Adrian and his brother.

As Ray3 wrote, its amazing how comfortable we were as a group within minutes of meeting face to face for the first time. Nobody looked anything like I expected, but everybody's personality really comes through in their posting here. We had a lot of laughs.

Friday I arrived at the factory a little early for the meet up for golf. I met some of the folks at the factory and Ian came in to introduce himself. He looks at his watch, notes I'm early for golf and asks me if I'm ready to do the blind listening session: bang, right to the brass tacks.

Let me tell you, for such a simple process, it sure is hard the first time. I was given a sheet with some rating categories, shown the ab selector, volume knob, told there is no right and wrong and off I went. I'll go into the listening session in another thread.

John (jakeman) was kind enough to arrange for a round of golf at one of Ontario's finest golf courses: Bigwin Island. Many thanks John! The course is a scratch golfers wet dream. Needless to say, the course ate me up and spit me out. John convinced me (didn't take much) to walk the course after pointing out there was quite a bit of elevation change. THAT was an understatement. I was really huffing after some of the uphill climbs.

The course is absolutely beautiful the way it is carved into the island. The view down from the 18th tee over the last hole, the clubhouse and the lake is stunning.

John, it was great to talk to one of the guys involved in the Craigsub sub-woofer shootouts to hear first hand how they went down.

After golf I met up with everyone at the steakhouse. When I left Thursday afternoon there were 20 people on the list. When I showed up, there were over 30 there. What a crowd! Only one waitress!! She did an amazing job.

More to come...

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #322195 09/13/10 03:04 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Originally Posted By: fredk
Only one waitress!! She did an amazing job.

More to come...

Yes, I want to hear more about this waitress.

CV #322204 09/13/10 04:16 AM
Guess it's my turn, eh, ya hosers?

What an amazing weekend. My trip started out Thursday with a morning flight to Buffalo where I met up with tomtuttle and medic8r. We rented a car and drove up to Toronto.

a401classic flew in to Toronto and met us in the city at Bar Volo where the rest of us had already started our beers. smile Before we had the beers, though, we discovered the storefront of one of Ian's side projects:

After a few beers and some tasty food, we walked south for and hour and ended up at C'est What where we all had more beer and a great plate of poutine. (yum!)

After spending the night in the city, the four of us hit the road in the morning to meet up with chesseroo in Barrie. He and I have been trying to meet for a number of years, and it was great that it was finally going to happen. When we arrived at his friend's place, chesseroo answered the door wearing only boxers with a beer in his hand. This was only a taste of things to come (which have already been documented in this thread). smile

We his a breakfast place and a beer store on the way out of Barrie and then caravanned the rest of the way up to Dwight together. When we arrived, tomtuttle, medic8r, a401classic, and I checked into our cottage, Pine Acres, at the Lumina Resort. We had no idea how perfect it was for our needs.

We made immediate use of our deck by opening some beers, kicking back, and enjoying the quiet scenery. Ajax and Ray3 dropped by and joined us, too. Ray already mentioned it, but I'll repeat it. It was as if we'd all been friends for a long time. We settled into comfortable conversation quickly. (Has the triumvirate image left your mind yet, Ray?) We had to cut our deck party short to make the dinner that Mark had arranged at Muskoka on the Rocks, where the fin continued.

After Muskoka on the rocks, jakeman invited us over to his "cottage" to listen to his new pair of M80v3s. Medic8r, tomtuttle, a401classic, Ray3, Ajax, and I took him up on his kind offer. We all had a blast putting the speakers through their paces. They are completely amazing. When Ray3 and Ajax left, we continued the party downstairs. Medic8r and I played ping pong and then jakeman schooled us all in foosball. Thanks again for having us over, jakeman!

The next day was the factory tour and party. I'll post the rest of my shots next.

pmbuko #322205 09/13/10 04:17 AM

pmbuko #322206 09/13/10 04:18 AM

pmbuko #322223 09/13/10 10:42 AM
old hand
old hand
Awesome pictures guys and thanks for posting it. It seems everybody were having a great time. How was the sound of the V80s during the live concert??

It's no use carrying an umbrella, if your shoes are leaking.

Page 49 of 69 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 68 69

Moderated by  alan, Andrew, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters