Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Warranty and v3 Audiobytes
RickF #325869 10/17/10 10:49 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: RickF
Originally Posted By: fredk
Its amazing what you get somethimes when you ask questions. wink

Apparently you have been married at one time Fred? I often get "It's amazing what you'll find when you open your eyes!"

grin

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
Ken.C #325874 10/18/10 12:03 AM
C
CV Offline OP
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Hunh. I wonder if he means that the amp works differently with the sub attached, like the existing ABs. Odd.

I got further clarification: "Starting with the latest AudioBytes version (to be released at the end of October), adding the EPZero at a later date will require the amplifier to be switched out; you are right."

That does seem like an odd way to go. Oh, I didn't ask, but I assume it would still have the other normal sub output. If I had it to do over, I probably would have picked up a different sub instead of the EPZero, as there are so many other brands of subs I'd like to try.

CV #325984 10/19/10 04:28 AM
C
CV Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I feel like a bit of a whiner now, but JC mentioned to Ian about me thinking shipping would be paid both ways, and Ian decided to go one (or two) better than that and upgrade me to all new v3 Audiobytes, shipping all taken care of. I really wasn't expecting that, but I'll take it! The understanding is I'll provide feedback on the new version, which I'm happy to do.

I did read the warranty as stated on this site before starting this thread, and I still don't know how I was supposed to know shipping is covered both ways in the first year, but not after that. I'm fine with that being the policy, but going by this, it's somewhat up in the air:

Quote:
If the product should prove so defective within the warranty period, return the product by prepaid delivery to AXIOM CANADA INC., along with the original sales invoice or other proof of purchase, which establishes eligibility for warranty service. AXIOM CANADA INC. will, at its option, replace or repair the product free of charge and return the product by prepaid delivery.

Maybe there's more specific warranty information included with the products themselves. I haven't dug through my paperwork, but I was going by that information. Does that need to be updated with more specific wording, maybe?

In any case, Axiom has once again made me feel like I won the lottery. Thanks to JC and Ian.

CV #326002 10/19/10 12:11 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
That is good news CV. Let us know what you think, I'm thinking about getting some audiobytes fro Christmas smile

-David
terzaghi #326029 10/19/10 04:27 PM
J
J
I will guess most people would be contacting Axiom to find out about the warranty (who really hangs onto that stuff, for 5 years no less?) and what would be required. It would be during this process Axiom, at their discretion, would be informing the owner about the free shipping.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
CV #326402 10/23/10 02:58 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:
I feel like a bit of a whiner now,...

I wonder if Ian is Jewish? Got you, didn't he? grin

Reading that warranty it is clear to me that they only pay return shipping, but then I spent 15 years in the twisted world of marketing.

1. It is clear that they pay the return shipping.
2. It says absolutely nothing about who pays for the shipping to Axiom.

FWIW, that is very standard warranty wording. I'm not suggesting that Axiom is being any deliberately misleading.

Kudos to Axiom for going one better for a good customer(and making you work for it).

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #326404 10/23/10 03:16 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I'm still amazed at Aperions industry leading customers policies which is their no risk trial period and 10 year warranty on all their products. They are so ahead of the pack right now. I can't think of any other popular ID brand either (Ascend, SVS, Emotiva) that can come close to matching them in this regards.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020