Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Very Angry
#32664 02/01/04 12:13 AM
J
veteran
veteran
J
You had me concerned since I am in the middle of deciding which Axiom setup to get. I am looking at the M60s, VP150, QS8s and a sub to be named later. BTW, if you were copying Lou Gehrig, I believe he said, "today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth." As a die hard Yankee fan, who loves the "Pride of the Yankees" I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, I always like to read about another satisfied (or should I say elated) customer. Thanks for your input and enjoy!

#32665 02/01/04 07:50 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
"goofy giddy" - "immersive". Amen, brother.

Stick around and help some other folks make the right choice. I listened to my setup tonight at obscene volumes and had a stupidly happy look on my face. Great detail.

You former Bose folks are in for a life-changing experience.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#32666 02/01/04 06:52 PM
grifter Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Oops sorry about the misquote
Okay now to business. I have two issues that have crept up and I was wondering if anyone has some advice. But first I want to say that I watched Once Upon a Time in Mexico last night (a decent, campy gunfest) and it sounded awesome. I've never been so enthralled by such an average movie - thank you Axiom! Okay now to the concerns.

First, I discovered the dreaded sibilance issue that I've read about. It only happens on the audio from my satellite. Wondering if maybe an upgraded reciever from direct tv might correct this. Currently it only has L/R stereo cables coming from the box. Oddly enough if I switch my Yamaha to a 5 channel mode like THX it remedies a lot of the hissing that shows up in stereo. Everything else, DVD's and CD's sound incredible so I think it's just the speakers revealing flaws in the signal.

Second, I got my first complaint from a neighbor last night. I found this to be quite depressing as I didn't really feel like I had the system all THAT loud. I mean come on, the subwoofer hasn't even come in yet and my neighbor is complaining about things rattling in his house. I could be in for a lot of trouble. This has led me to conclude that perhaps my house is not built quite as well as I thought, but that's beside the point. I was wondering if anyone knows much about sound proofing a house without putting baffles and crap on the walls. I went outside and it seems to me that a lot of the sound is coming through the roof. I have blown insulation in the ceiling and I was wondering if there are better dampering properties to batted insulation. Any ideas that won't cost a fortune would be appreciated.

Sorry again for the long post

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020