Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
m80/m60's opinion's from their owner's
#3301 06/01/02 07:38 PM
buff
OP Offline
buff
I've noticed a little trend on this site that alot of people think that their speakers sound a little harsh or are to hard to place.I bought a pair of factory outlet m80's and replaced a pair of vega's and I"m totaly amazed of the sound quality of these speakers.I find myself buying diffrent tpes of music trying to trip them up and can't do it.actually the more I try this the more impressed I become.I've also found the placement of these speakers were not as difficult as what most reviewers have posted in the past. I have them setup with a Onkyo 787 a/v receiver and a pair of wireworld Oasis + speaker cabel and the detail,imaging and clarity are incredable to me.anyways that's what I think of my m80's so far and I'm intrested to see what other m80/m60 owner's think of their speakers.I think I've made a great purchase.Oh yea and one more thing...............................GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: m80/m60's opinion's from their owner's
#3302 06/02/02 06:41 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I have found my M60s to be picky for placement but my present listening room is quite confined. If i shift my position a foot in either direction (left or right) the great stereo effect is lost and it essentially sounds like i'm listening to one speaker.
But as i said, my present listening room is very confined. If i had a longer room to move back and a wider room to space the speakers more, i could create a larger sweet spot.
That's not to say the sound isn't great. The M60s have a great clarity and solid mid range that has me impressed so much that i'm keeping them.
The M22s i took for a trial run are going back though.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
#3303 06/03/02 07:27 PM
E
EdD Offline
frequent flier
frequent flier
E
Murphyman, I would have to say that my experience is very similar to yours. I am thoroughly impressed with the sound that I am getting from the M80's and haven't heard anything that I would say is harsh or overly bright.

The bright sound may have something to do with the source, although I am not an expert on this by any means. I have read in reviews that the amplification of Denon and Outlaw is brighter than some other manufacturers. That might have some impact on the sound other Axiom listeners are hearing. Having said that, there is a thread at outlawaudio.com where Axiom owners have some very nice things to say about Axioms, including the M80's, so I may very well be wrong. I am using an Arcam integrated amp, and the sound is very open, clean and balanced.

This is a great time of year. I go home, turn on the TV for a game (basketball or hockey), put the mute on, and immerse myself in music. What a great way to waste time! (This is even though both my Dallas Mavs and Vancouver Canucks went out a long time ago - and the Lakers are still alive. I'm not a Wings fan but I do like Yzerman)

Ed

#3304 06/03/02 08:41 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Chesseroo,

I'm curious to hear why you kept the M60's but returned the M22's. What were the main differences, and which reasons were the ones that really influenced your decision?

thanks!

#3305 06/03/02 08:56 PM
P
old hand
old hand
P
the only way to watch sports(go mets)

#3306 06/04/02 05:31 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Size and sound were the difference. I already had bookshelf type speakers and one reason i wanted to replace them was the smaller soundstage they produced.
I was hoping the Axiom M22 could potentially improve that sound, which they did, but only in quality, not in quantity.
Overall the M60s had a bigger, broader display of sound which is what i was looking for (a true 3way full size tower).
Take a look at my recent posted review of Axioms vs. Angstroms to see how i made my decisions.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters