Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Happy New Year, Apologies, and my Wrecked Island.
#333419 01/04/11 06:44 PM
Murph Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Hi folks,

Happy New Years! To start the year, let me apologize to all of those who I owe posts, PMs, FBs or emails to. Life was demanding just too much of my time lately and sadly, I had little time to frequent the boards and when I did have the time, I had simply had no energy left to do so.

Work and some personal items had me 110% absorbed prior to the Christmas Holidays but I couldn't start too deep into 2011 without touching base with all my friends here. In time, I will get back to any personal messages you may have sent. Please be patient.

In the mean time, I thought you might be interested in some pics of the storm we endured just before Christmas. No snow but the two days of hurricane force wind gusts combined with a full moon and who knows what else resulted in a storm surge never before seen here in the history of our province.

You can see the full slide show at the link below but here is a couple just to give you an idea what Im talking about. Here is a picture of the bridge leading to my road on the first day. Normally, I can kayak under this bridge at high tide and not even duck my head.

Here is what was left of a nearby warf after the surge and wind somewhat subsided. It's still an eerily high tide but I suspect the rolling action of the waves did a number on it when it was in full force.

More Pics.
Storm Surge 2010

Just a couple of days later we had a snow storm. Not a ton of snow but it was a wet heavy snow with a big wind that trashed our power grid. I was one of the lucky ones and only had brief periods of no power.

It could be worse, I suppose. We could be in Australia. That is simply unbelievable. After seeing the damage just one storm can do to our coastline, my heart goes out to those who are in the midst of a flood so big my entire province would be under water.

Be safe Ausies!

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Re: Happy New Year, Apologies, and my Wrecked Island.
Murph #333424 01/04/11 07:00 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Thanks for the update, Murph. I have been thinking of you, and am glad that you are safe.

In addition to concern about your weather, I also had the following Murph Moments recently:

- At the liquor store, there were moonshines for sale from Washington and North Carolina. After our delightful experience in Dwight, I have resolved to only consume 'shine from PEI.

- I found out that our dog's veterinarian is a graduate of UPEI. I haven't had a chance yet to ask her if she knows you wink

Take care!

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
tomtuttle #333429 01/04/11 07:43 PM
axiomite
axiomite
The water on the and over the roads is reminiscent of the hurricanes that swept through here a few years ago, glad to hear that you and your family are OK Murph, property can eventually be repaired or replaced but you know the lives cannot. During November and the early part of December we had some very rough ocean action but nothing like what you obviously experienced.

Take care, thanks for the update and hopefully the rest of 2011 will stay trouble free.

Rick
Our Room

smile
RickF #333431 01/04/11 07:51 PM
J
shareholder in the making
J
Nice to hear from you Murph. Glad you and your family are OK. When I see reports ike these it makes me happy the worse we could see here this time of year is -40C temps.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #333461 01/05/11 01:28 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
BUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDY! It's so good to see you around these parts. I too was wondering how you and Sharon are doing.

After you've finished replying to your other PM's and have some time, fire me off a message. It would be great to hear what you have been up to in the past while.

Health, prosperity and love to Sharon and you in 2011.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #333465 01/05/11 01:52 AM
axiomite
axiomite
That's some terrible weather Murph, but I'm glad to hear your family is ok. Property is one thing, but peoples lives are a whole different issue.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Murph #333472 01/05/11 03:26 AM
Andrew, bad experience, but you and your family are safe.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020