Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 101 of 103 1 2 99 100 101 102 103
Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight?
medic8r #415451 11/12/15 03:07 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
smile

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #415467 11/13/15 03:54 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Fred, I don't think that the pot part holds much interest for Mark. Cam wrote "brownies," and that's the only word Mark saw.

Having Mendocino friends who know what they're doing (he's a botanist, she's a master chef), I have had pot everything from candy to Marinara. They may not all have been great, but pot salmon sounds like a tough sell.

It's kinda hard to mask it's taste in foodstuffs. It's much easier in confections and baked goods.

Just to keep the Forum clean, yes, it is medically legal where I live. And yes, it IS a bummer to have to steal it from patients to get it. Good thing one of the two clinics in the entire state is only 3 miles from my house! I'm kidding! It's 5 miles.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
medic8r #415468 11/13/15 05:08 PM
shareholder in the making
Yeah, but if you pick the ones that really need it, they're really easy to knock over and take it from, right?

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
BobKay #415470 11/13/15 08:43 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By SqBobGodPants
Fred, I don't think that the pot part holds much interest for Mark. Cam wrote "brownies," and that's the only word Mark saw.

Having Mendocino friends who know what they're doing (he's a botanist, she's a master chef), I have had pot everything from candy to Marinara. They may not all have been great, but pot salmon sounds like a tough sell.

It's kinda hard to mask it's taste in foodstuffs. It's much easier in confections and baked goods.

Just to keep the Forum clean, yes, it is medically legal where I live. And yes, it IS a bummer to have to steal it from patients to get it. Good thing one of the two clinics in the entire state is only 3 miles from my house! I'm kidding! It's 5 miles.

So pot vichyssoise is out then?

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #415471 11/13/15 08:53 PM
pot kettleblack?

pmbuko #415485 11/14/15 04:30 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ken: Thanks for giving away my M.O. Now the people with crutches are gonna see me coming.

Fred: That's even grosser than pot salmon. You're on a streak.

Peter: Band name! (Or maybe for just when you record with Danger Mouse.)

Cam: I can't run like I used to, but how fast can you make that thing go?

Last edited by SqBobGodPants; 11/14/15 04:33 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #415492 11/16/15 02:13 AM
Originally Posted By SqBobGodPants
Peter: Band name! (Or maybe for just when you record with Danger Mouse.)

Two bands already have a song by that name. I don't want to water down my brand.

Pot Kettle Black -- Tilly and the Wall
Pot Kettle Black -- Wilco

pmbuko #416204 01/03/16 05:27 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I found this amazing site and decided to make Taze Fasulyeli, Firikli Bulgur Pilavi and Kofte (meatballs) tonight:

The bulgar pilaf is made with bulgar and freekeh, a green wheat that has been roasted, which gives it a unique smoky nutty flavor. It is flavoured with chopped onions and tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper. The freekeh really carries this dish.

It was served with a yogurt, mint and cucumber sauce which really complements the smokiness of the freekeh.

There are other spectacular looking dishes on the site I'm dying to try.

Fred

-------
fredk #420046 08/15/16 11:21 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Wow, 8 months and not a single post in this thread.

Several months ago I discovered a local shop that sells nothing but olive oil and aged balsamic vinegars.

They have a huge variety of flavoured balsamic's using ingredients like chocolate (really good) coffee (meh) blood orange, fig (fantastic!!) coconut ...

The fig balsamic has an incredible aroma and tasted just as good. I used it in a spinach salad with walnuts, pear and goat cheese. amazing!

I had to try the coconut balsamic. I used it in an asian inspired coleslaw. I added toasted sesame seeds and a dash of sesame oil and sliced oranges to counter balance the sweet coconut flavour of the balsamic.

The plain balsamic is excellent on a tomato mozzarella salad with basil.

The tomato basil salad left me with a boatload of left over basil, so a cast about for a recipe to use it up. I found Jamie Oliver recipe that was a variation of basil pasta. It included green beans as a vegetable (and spinach, but I left that out opting for portabello mushroom instead). Where Mr. Olver made a basil pesto I got lazy and just chopped my boatload of basil putting some on the chicken while it sauted and adding the rest before serving.

So the ingredients are pasta, lots of basil, beans (heated for 4 minutes at the end of the pasta cooking cycle), lots of olive oil, portabello mushrooms, lots of Parmesan cheese.

On the smoker front, on a particularly cold day in early June, I tried cold smoking cheddar cheese. While it worked very well, if I want to continue to experiment with cold smoking, I'm going to have to build myself an external smoke box to keep the heat out of the smoker.

Today I decided to try doing a roast chicken on the smoker again. Last time did not turn out so well because the skin did not crisp up. This time I started the smoker at 550 to 'braise' the chicken before slow cooking it on the smoker. That worked out very well.

The chicken was stuffed with lemon rind and garlic (two whole bunches). After the chicken was done, I used the garlic for mashed potatoes. Really, really garlicy mashed potatoes.

That is all.

Carry on watching your crickets...

Fred

-------
fredk #420047 08/16/16 08:04 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I'll just leave this here:

Fred

-------
Page 101 of 103 1 2 99 100 101 102 103

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters