Print Thread
Rate Thread
m60 review revisited
#33920 02/14/04 04:05 AM
JaimeG Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
I bought a pair of m60s a bit more than a year ago. Few days later I post my first impressions on the m60s on this msg board. At that time , my listening room was a 10x11x8.5 all concretes wall & ceramic tiles floor. ...in a nutshell, I basically found the speakers bright ,, Alan suggested a couple of resistors, they help some, but end up removing them a month later.
Anyway, I would like to share a short follow up to that review now that I move to a new and better listening room. I move from the sunny Caribbean to an townhouse in Northern Virginia. My current listening room now is much bigger, around 15 x 19 X16 vaulted ceiling and carpeted floor. For those of you who had relocated before knows that its an exhausting process, nevertheless, I did take extra care packaging the speakers with the moving co. Still one of my concerns, of course was that my beloved pair arrives in one piece & hopefully without any scratch, thankfully they did.
I hook everything again, put my fav. DVD Eric Clapton “one more car, one more rider” , What a difference a room does!! Instruments now sound even more clearly and without the brightness. For example, there’s a guitar solo by Andy Fairweather on the 3rd track “got you on my mind” , the solo used to sound mushy and undefined on my previous room, now every note is very clear & defined. An interesting thing is that here I don’t need to turn up the volume as I used to. My receiver is a denon avr 3300, usually the volume was between -18 -13; now it never goes up more than -28. One thing that I don’t have as much here is the lower end freqs. On my previous room, when my friends were over for session’s of music listening and beer drinking, they were always impressed with the low freqs. that came from the speakers, some even start looking under the couch for a sub.
Btw: There‘s a very nice DVD concert from Caetano Veloso (Brazil) with a interesting dd5.1 mix and a kick @ss bass, I strongly recommend this dvd, it’s different and refreshing.

The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail. --Lindborg
Re: m60 review revisited
#33921 02/14/04 03:52 PM
axiomite
axiomite
JaimeG,
Yes, the room does make a substantial difference indeed. I noted my thoughts after hearing my setup over at a friend's house.

You might be able to increase the bass a bit by moving your M60s closer to a wall. Otherwise, if you do not already have one, i suggest you pick up a subwoofer to help fill in some of that low end in the larger room.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Re: m60 review revisited
#33922 02/18/04 01:29 AM
buff
buff
The Carribean?! Why did you move!!!

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945