Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Healthy sandwich suggestions needed pls.
JohnK #341324 03/09/11 05:01 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
We were trying to scare him, so that we didn't have to imagine him eating thawed mayo, or rather, thawed mayo ingredients.

You are buzzkilling our pop psych which we can only employ when JP is asleep. God knows that work doesn't interfere with his time here, so we gotta work fast. Understood?

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BlueJays1 #341592 03/10/11 08:15 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Chicken Salad
Poached or grilled chicken breast cut in cubes
Mayo
Salt
Pepper
Celery
Finely chopped cucumber
Chives
Tarragon

Well, I had that mixture (minus the tarragon because we couldn't find it) and added some hot peppers, all stuffed in half a pita for lunch, and it was fantastic.

The vegetables and chicken is chopped and sealed separately in the fridge so it's easy to whip up. I have a stainless steel GE Profile fridge which is excellent at keeping things fresh for a while.

I'll eventually work my way through the ones I like. So it's going to be a combination of House's and 2x's tuna salad next week.

Thanks again everyone!

Aside- As suggested, I also picked up some Nutella, which will be good to have once in a while rather than just peanut butter. Only downside is that I find it quite sweet. I consume very little sugar for obvious reasons.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #341595 03/10/11 08:30 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I often use boiled chicken for my chicken salad. Then you end up with a pot of delicious chicken soup and a chicken's worth of chicken for chicken salad.

Trick is not to overcook the chicken. Use a whole chicken, cut-up, bring to a boil, skim the top, reduce to low/simmer, add celery, carrots and pepper corns, (lemon grass if you like) and cook for an hour. The chicken will not be dried out, the soup will be delicious.

Place the pot of soup in the fridge and skim off the fat which will end up a pancake of fat on the top.

You can use zip lock sandwich bags to freeze the soup in useable portions. You can add lemon grass, crazy hot thai peppers, and coconut milk or coconut cream. Do not overcook the coconut milk/cream or it will taste soapy.

Saute some of the chicken with garlic, fresh ginger, curry powder or yellow curry paste if you have and a bit of soy sauce, ladle some of the soup and chicken over rice, garnish with fresh basil, mint and cilantro, and enjoy.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters