Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: any one using Tubes with Axiom M80's??
2x6spds #346308 04/27/11 10:48 AM
shareholder in the making
Chris, stick around. Varying opinions ARE welcome here.

Just because five people like tubes and ten people don't isn't any reason to leave. You state your preference, others state theirs and you move on to other important topics like what kind of sandwich someone is eating or which super car is the prettiest.

It's all good.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #346309 04/27/11 11:07 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

I hate to say it Mark, it sure doesn't seem like other opinions are welcomed. At least that's not how I read this thread. And for Randy to just dismiss Chris in the way he did is shameful.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Wid #346310 04/27/11 11:20 AM
I've honestly and truly never seen it that way.

I see each side stating their opinion on the matter, but I've never seen anyone post here that they were interested in tubes and been told to "go away" or called names.

I just see the other side saying that they don't believe in tubes.

There's no "agenda" with either group. There are people that are "pro", people that are "con" and people that fall in the middle.

I sincerely think that almost every member here, high post count or not, is looking to help others. If that means that they're going to state their opinion about tubes, esoteric cables or wooden replacement knobs, so be it if the goal is to help the OP out.

I don't see it as hostile, until someone makes a big deal out of it and makes it seem like members have to choose sides.

Live and let live, I say.

You like the sound of an amp? It brings you pleasure? Enjoy it. It doesn't matter if I see things differently.

I get no Points in life by making others feel the same way I do.

MarkSJohnson #346312 04/27/11 11:23 AM
As for Randy's comment, I agree with you 100%.

NO ONE should be "dismissed" like that, unless their time here is spent annoying others. And Chris has certainly done nothing to deserve that comment.

MarkSJohnson #346314 04/27/11 11:54 AM
2x6, interesting since I own seperates. John usually backs his comments with factual testing. Not saying I agree with everything, but I do listen to both sides of the story. Don't see where I took his side, and also a member of other boards that look at flacks as outcasts, so it goes both ways.

As for the Arnold quote, I was just saying goodbye in Spanish, I see I spelled it wrong, should have been Hasta. For whatever reason you guys read sarcasim in my statement, hard to do with typing. Chris, didn't mean anything mean by it, afterall, you are the one that went running and said you are not coming back.

Prost!

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

SirQuack #346318 04/27/11 12:40 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Look. Can't people just agree to disagree on some things? some people like tube amps, some don't, each side should accept that. I've never taken a side on this, in part, because I've never owned a tube but I do appreciate the information that several of the more knowledgeable members put forth whether for/against certain amps. I don't find anything that JohnK, Chris(neon) or anyone else for that matter, in any way offensive or derogatory to other members. On the other hand, 2x6 seems rather sensitive to anyone who disagrees with him, and rather than debate the topic respectfully, resorts to personal attacks to those members(as history shows). I should probably have kept out of this completely, however, it irks me to see certain people, who have helped me so much since I joined here, treated with that level of disrespect. The amp debate is like the Audyyssey debate, or the Coke/Pepsi debate, to each his own....2x6, you have every right to express your opinion, as does everyone else here but intentional or not, you seem to be very divisive with your blanket statements.

Lampy, I hope you'll stick around once the nuclear cloud has passed, I enjoy your friendship here.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #346319 04/27/11 12:52 PM
Yeah, THAT's what I wanted to post! smile

Adrian #346320 04/27/11 12:58 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Adrian
Look. Can't people just agree to disagree on some things?

One would certainly hope so. Mature and psychologically healthy people do that all the time. Pity it is not happening here.

Quote:
2x6 seems rather sensitive to anyone who disagrees with him, and rather than debate the topic respectfully, resorts to personal attacks to those members (as history shows) ... 2x6, you have every right to express your opinion, as does everyone else here but intentional or not, you seem to be very divisive with your blanket statements.

You are spot on. However, 2x6 is so oversensitive that I doubt that he is going to see it this way. He's holding onto that victim card with every ounce of his strength. Every time I've tried to reason it out has been fruitless. So I'm done talking about it. I'm going to devote my energy elsewhere.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
MarkSJohnson #346321 04/27/11 01:06 PM
I agree with you Adrian, I don't recal I've ever taken a stand against Tube lovers. I don't know the first thing about tube technology, but have friends that are diehard believers. Everything Audio interests me and I am interested in the history of all this technology going back to before I was born. I don't see how my post count has anything to do with saying I'm in some click. I don't post near as much as I did when I first found Axiom, and go some weeks without even a post.

2x4, sorry I commented nicely a few months back to some of your pictures you posted, why would a clack do that, I should have commented about how inferior your equipment is and how my old JVC and Sansui receivers are better.

Didn't someone tell me once you were an attorney? Can't image what you charge per hour to solid state guys.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

SirQuack #346324 04/27/11 01:16 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Chris: If you leave, I am going to hide out in your backyard and slingshot all the pretty birds at your feeder. Then, I'm gonna break in and stencil Pennsylvaia Dutch motifs on your pink Magentos.

Finally, I'll tell Jay that you're fluent in Thai and have just been being a jerk.

Axiom High School lives!

Really!?! All this over something so incredibly trite. And then it all gets personal.

Like in high school, we should be arguing over important stuff---like penny loafers or wingies.

And should one really put pennies in the loafers?

People used to get hurt over that one.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters