Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: any one using Tubes with Axiom M80's??
BobKay #346326 04/27/11 01:26 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Now look what you did Lampy! you got Bob all upset.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
BobKay #346328 04/27/11 01:27 PM
shareholder in the making
Originally Posted By: PopeBOBthe53rd
Like in high school, we should be arguing over important stuff---like penny loafers or wingies.

And should one really put pennies in the loafers?

So what I'm taking away from this conversation, thus far, is that Bob is old.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
SirQuack #346339 04/27/11 03:12 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: sirquack
2x6, interesting since I own seperates. John usually backs his comments with factual testing. Not saying I agree with everything, but I do listen to both sides of the story. Don't see where I took his side, and also a member of other boards that look at flacks as outcasts, so it goes both ways.

As for the Arnold quote, I was just saying goodbye in Spanish, I see I spelled it wrong, should have been Hasta. For whatever reason you guys read sarcasim in my statement, hard to do with typing. Chris, didn't mean anything mean by it, afterall, you are the one that went running and said you are not coming back.

Prost!

Just curious why you own separates now since you have been touting that a receiver is all you need. You weren't against separates when you had the Oddyessy monoblocks, then sold them. Then posted in the amplification threads how a receiver is all one needs to drive axioms (I power my Axioms in a 5000 cubic foot room or whatever with my Denon). You now own separates AGAIN...lol...are you going to be more lenient on your stance on external amplification?...lol

Don't get me wrong, you don't have to justify your purchases to me. I just think this is funny. This is a prime example of cognitive dissonance.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BobKay #346340 04/27/11 03:12 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
I've been on this forum for a couple of months now, and what i've seen is someone asks for some info or opinion on a particular subject; then others say what they think or know (knowledge sharing) and, in the end, the OP makes his own mind and takes a decision after considering all that has been written.
When problems arise, it usually is because some people are dogmatic when they should be giving advice only.

"Dogmas are prison bars" that one constructs around his own self; one of the components of conservatism.
Not a very diplomatic way of saying it, but very easy to understand by all...

I've yet to read anyone here asking for info. on dogmas regarding a specific piece of equipment and acting blindly according to them; but they are sometimes given as irrefutable truth for what i consider no valid reasons; and they are of no appreciable help.
Dogmas belong to religion, not audio.

any piece of gear should be considered according to its particular advantages and disadvantages (fitness) in view of it's intended purpose; nothing more, nothing less.

J. B. #346343 04/27/11 03:47 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: J. Bellemare
I've been on this forum for a couple of months now, and what i've seen is someone asks for some info or opinion on a particular subject; then others say what they think or know (knowledge sharing) and, in the end, the OP makes his own mind and takes a decision after considering all that has been written.

That's what I'm thinking as I'm presenting what I know. Get the facts out there (and if I'm mistaken about something, welcome a correction), and let the person who's asking the question make up their mind.

Unfortunately this thread was derailed so early on that a conversation with the OP wasn't even possible. Ironically, the ones doing the derailing were the ones claiming that this forum is going down hill.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris
J. B. #346346 04/27/11 03:56 PM
The MPS-1 was a piece of crap which is why it went back to Emotiva. The Odyssey's were awesome, but the German design runs very very hot and my AV cabinet I had no options for stacking. Each of them required ample space around them for ventilation. They were also mono's and I wanted full seperate amplification of 7 channels, which is why I have the Outlaw now. A nice retired gentleman in Phoenix now enjoys them.

At moderate listening levels most will find no difference, which is why a receiver is all most will need. If you follow Alan's articles about achieving a real experience of chamber grand piano and/or concert levels a 100watt receiver won't cut it during 20dB swings.

The Outlaw (ATI) amp will probably be the last amp I will ever need. The impace in movies is noticable compared to the Denon alone. Plan to get the new 978 if/when it gets released because of all the Japan problems.

Sleep well.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

SirQuack #346350 04/27/11 04:06 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
I like those Outlaw amps. Maybe not as much as Rotel but they're nice laugh

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Lampshade #346359 04/27/11 04:56 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Originally Posted By: Lampaxiom
I guess we don't need the forum anymore. We'll just have one post that says you should buy M22's and a receiver with Dolby PLII.

This is my last post. I try to have fun and be nice to people but I can't stand this anymore.

Hang around! We need tube lovers like you to help balance things out around here. To the OP, look at Rogue Cronus as well.

davidsch #346373 04/27/11 05:55 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
It's more fun to talk about audio than it is to talk about how we talk about audio.

I have had only receivers and integrated amps. I hope to have some tube devices and separates some day.

I get great joy from this hobby.

I have made MANY very meaningful friendships here. I have learned SO much.

If we keep our discussions POSITIVE and keep them about the topics and not the people, we'll have more fun.

Fun, Dammit.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
tomtuttle #346377 04/27/11 06:11 PM
B
veteran
veteran
B
Tube amps are great. If your dealing with a 2 channels stereo set up. HT setups on the other hand...I really have no use for. Having Harry Potter, or Starwars blow my ears off..could care less. Not worth the money for tubes.

Playing Beethoven, or Bach, or whatever. On a Good tube amp, with a good pre, and Vinyl....now thats what music is about.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters