Print Thread
Rate Thread
Uverse Issues
#348364 05/17/11 12:54 PM
cgolf Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
I'm really confused and wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue.

We have Uverse and everything works great on all our TVs except the one in the media room. Periodically, the picture freezes up, pixalates and the sound is intermittant. Mainly on HD but sometimes even on regular stations. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does happen, it can be on any channel. I have changed out the box, the wall plug and the cable.

Could it be the Samsung TV? But all our TVs are Samsung.....

Crazy.................... Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Uverse Issues
cgolf #348411 05/17/11 04:20 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I have no idea of the root cause but an easy way to root out weather or not the TV is the problem would be to simply swap another TV to that spot for a while. Best guess on what you describe is that it's a signal problem vs a TV problem though.

I'm not familiar with Uverse but I see it is AT&T's Internet based bundle, phone, TV, I'net etc.
Therefore, I would ask, how does the signal get to this particular TV? Does it traverse your home LAN to get to this particular "Box" or does the one box feed all TVs via more traditional cabling after that? If the LAN, this opens up a whole long list of possible trouble areas to double check.

If you can paint a better picture of how it is all hokked up, I can maybe throw some suggestions, but likely nothing revolutionary.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
cgolf #348799 05/20/11 11:31 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Originally Posted By: cgolf

We have Uverse and everything works great on all our TVs except the one in the media room. Periodically, the picture freezes up, pixalates and the sound is intermittant. Mainly on HD but sometimes even on regular stations. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does happen, it can be on any channel. I have changed out the box, the wall plug and the cable.

I have U-Verse as well and I recently had to call their support number to have a tech sent out for the same problem. They replaced the line coming into the house. The first tech did not know what he was doing and we had to get a second one to fix the problem. All is well now. Good luck!

davidsch #348806 05/20/11 01:13 PM
cgolf Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Originally Posted By: davidsch
Originally Posted By: cgolf

I have U-Verse as well and I recently had to call their support number to have a tech sent out for the same problem. They replaced the line coming into the house. The first tech did not know what he was doing and we had to get a second one to fix the problem. All is well now. Good luck!

We had a tech out and he replaced the cable from the wall outlet to the TV. It took care of about 95% of the problem but there is still an occassional blip. I'll give it a few more days and then call them back to replace the house line if needed.

The problem is that this doesn't happen on any other TVs, just in the media room. However, that outlet and TV is the furthest from the main house box and the control panel.

cgolf #348807 05/20/11 01:16 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
you still have a problem somewhere else on the line. it should never happen.

J. B. #349188 05/26/11 02:32 PM
cgolf Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
I don't think it should happen either, especially on one TV only. Happened again this morning pretty bad. frown

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044