Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Editor's Forum: Planar speakers, dipoles & mor
#34978 02/27/04 06:48 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Alan: My sincere apology if I have come across brash with my comments. I do not intend to offend. I value all your input in all matters of audio and video...and taxes. I just wanted to speak my observations.

BBIBH: Thank you. I sadden to see people who have valuable opinions and stray away because they get chastised for their own opinion.

Chess: No I do not search for perfection. I do get an itch ever so often. I enjoy trying out new stuff. It must be in the field I am in. Not just in audio and video. My friends wait till end of season and knock on my door to get my old snowboard, mountain bike, cell phone, digital camera, computer monitor at more than half off. I even just sold my X1 projector...thinking of picking up the Optoma H30 in a couple of weeks after I move into my new place in 2 weeks. Bad habit.

BrenR:We need more people like you on here.

Saturn
ps:for those I am hosting pics for..the site will be down for about a month. Sorry...have to move.

Last edited by Saturn; 02/27/04 06:49 PM.
Re: Editor's Forum: Planar speakers, dipoles & more
#34979 02/27/04 07:02 PM
regular
regular
quote from Saturn:
Have you ever listened to planers or electrostats?

Saturn,

Yes I auditioned a pair of Martin Logans. They sounded great but cost over $2,000. The price was too much but it did prompt me to seek out more information. Found the Magnapan website and really considered trying them out. In the end, I did not as they are power hungery, finicky about placement, and not even full range speakers. I am sure they sound exceptional, I was just unwilling go beyond the research phase.

- BigFoot_Lives

#34980 02/27/04 07:36 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

I strayed away from the board because anyone who seemingly had an opinion that was not dead on Axiom was villified

That's interesting BB b/c i've posted a couple of times on the forums now about auditioning other speakers and certainly Axioms have not always come out on top...if there is such a thing as being on the top. I do not recall anyone bashing my opinions presented.
There is never much of an argument that Axioms are fantastic for the price but many yearn for the bells and whistles like wood veneers or 100lb weighted beasts, 46" towers, etc.
You just cannot find that at Axiom. They don't make them.
However, coming to a forum hosted by a company should provide the expectation of bias on speaker opinions, especially when a newbie posts for the first time, learning material for the first time.
There is no doubt that many 'veterans' new to the boards have posted their ideas on speakers they own/have owned in the past. I certainly do not feel the Axiom forum provides a regular, negative response to such posts.
Maybe Saturn just attracts too much attention eliciting feverish jealousy over his constant sales and acquisitions of new and wonderful equipment.

Stir the pot Saturn, keep stirrrrring the pot (jus kiddin)
If i recall correctly, wasn't it Peter who was pot stirring not long ago?

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
#34981 02/27/04 07:38 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

Anyone for a chorus of Kumbaya?

Between you and Ray this morning, i'm just dying over here, just dyin i tells ya.

#34982 02/28/04 04:00 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

Between you and Ray this morning, i'm just dying over here, just dyin i tells ya.

It's the Manitoba Melt... getting a smile on everyone's face.

Bren R.

#34983 02/28/04 04:55 PM
axiomite
axiomite
That Manitoba Melt is only showing just how much in the way of dog remnants i have to clean out of the back yard.
You think kids are bad?
Try owning a 130lb dog.
Never in my life have i seen an animal dispose of so much solid waste in one day.

#34984 02/28/04 06:05 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

You think kids are bad? Try owning a 130lb dog. Never in my life have i seen an animal dispose of so much solid waste in one day.

Put on a pair of hip waders and run it over with the lawnmower. I've got a turtle, haven't tried it in the new place - but my old house, wherever on the lawn I put the tank water when I changed it out became luscious and green... all that nitrogen and solid waste!

Just don't feed your dog Tuffy's (dunno if they even still make the stuff) a biker buddy figured with all the food eaten by his shepherd/mastiff/rotweiler/poodle/grizzly/whatever cross that it would save some money. At $5 for a 50 lb bag, apparently it stayed in him about as long as the recycled newspaper and "brown" it was made out of.

BTW, you coming out to the arena on 6 March to see some NHL Jets legends back in the city?

Bren R.

#34985 02/28/04 06:55 PM
axiomite
axiomite
We have an arena?

#34986 02/28/04 07:00 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

Put on a pair of hip waders and run it over with the lawnmower.

Unfortunately the snow keeps getting in the way.

In reply to:

I've got a turtle

You know, somehow, i just can't picture it.
Bren, and a turtle...

In reply to:

a biker buddy figured with all the food eaten by his shepherd/mastiff/rotweiler/poodle/grizzly/whatever cross that it would save some money

A) Not to offend anyone's decisions on what they feed their pets but that's cruel. Would you want to eat paper bags for the rest of your life just to save money?

B) Our "big giant head" goes through $80 a month in food, 40lb bag each 3-4 weeks. Her antibiotics cost $65 per WEEK. Kids be damned. This dog cost is a kid equal and then some, and i've got one of those coming soon too. I'm going to need a new job.

#34987 02/28/04 08:42 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
You'll know your expenses are mounting when you look at your Tannoys and they morph into stacks of diapers in your mind...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters