Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Creepiest thing that ever happened to you
#353780 08/30/11 11:28 AM
Murph Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Scary creepy, nothing too personal. We don't want our friendly board drug pusher to get ridiculously rich off of us all.

Mary, you are limited to 50 posts only. So make sure they are your top 50 and meeting me doesn't count!!! cool

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Re: Creepiest thing that ever happened to you
Murph #353781 08/30/11 11:31 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Murph
Scary creepy, nothing too personal. We don't want our friendly board drug pusher to get ridiculously rich off of us all.

Mary, you are limited to 50 posts only. So make sure they are your top 50 and meeting me doesn't count!!! cool

Murph,
You first.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill
Murph #353782 08/30/11 11:48 AM
Murph Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Mine:
I've never been afraid of ghosts. I'm the guy who wants to explore the creepy old house if I see one. However, one re-occurring incident when I was a teenager did creep me out a good bit.

One of my best friends was house sitting one of several reportedly haunted houses that had everything going for it. It was down a long, dark wooded road. It was on a point overlooking the water which made for that cool, blueish-grey glow everywhere during a full moon that you can only get near the water on a very lightly clouded night. The house was old and creaky and was currently lived in by an old lady who often confided in my mother that she saw a previous deceased resident walking between the house and the old henhouse at night.

Almost (well kinda almost) disappointingly, we never did have any sign of a ghost at all in the 3 or four nights we visited and took turns staying with him to keep him company but we soon noticed something that can best be described as unusual. The old ladies cat would go up the stairs in the kitchen and would then somehow re-emerge from behind or underneath the couch. Of course it probably took a few times to notice and eventually we joked but did our best to keep an eye on the entry way to the kitchen that was directly in front of us, in order to catch the tricky feline sneaking back down the stairs.

It got to the point that when the cat went upstairs, we would shut off the TV and no less than three of us stared bug eyed at the kitchen door as it was the only way to the stair ways. Sure enough, the damn cat would come out from behind the couch. One time, we put the couch in the middle of the room and one person sat backwards watching the wall area. The cat never came downstairs. Eventually, we got bored and put the couch back. Insta-cat!!

We tore that house apart looking for holes in the wall, vents, closets that might go into an attic, then down a wall or something, anything, but we never discovered how he did it. Not even something that might get him half way.

I'm not saying it was supernatural, just that we could never explain it.

The old lady who lived there later like to joke with us that she didn't own a cat but I knew that she did because I had seen it out there on earlier visits driving my Mom to see the Lady. Of course, was I seeing a cat those times or the...........

Murph #353784 08/30/11 12:05 PM
axiomite
axiomite
My creepy story is about one time, in the early 1980's, when I moved to a different town for a job I took, I ended up in the upstairs appartment of a house. The downstairs was another appartment. I never met the people in the downstairs appartment, that I can remember. I was there for probably about 6 months when this incident happened.

The people downstairs occasionally threw a Friday or Saturday night party. I was a loner in town, outside of my work and my second home at one of the local taverns, so I was trying to get some sleep that night.

There's a door that's kept locked near my bed that is the top of a staircase that leads down into the bottom appartment. That night before I fell asleep, two people had gone to the top of those stairs to have a private meeting. They didn't know that I could hear them through the door.

They were discussing how they were going to kill someone. You better belive that I tried my hardest not to make a sound, like caugh or something. I don't remember any of the details I heard, my mind stayed more on the possible prediciment I was in if they knew I was listening to them.

It wasn't long after that, that I moved to a different appartment, since I didn't have to sign a lease agreement were I was at. But that really creeped me out at the time.

CatBrat #353790 08/30/11 04:27 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Geeze.....that sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock plot.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill
CatBrat #353791 08/30/11 04:29 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I'm afraid mine are all personal creepy. But, I enjoy scary creepy stories! Only two stories, and I love it already!

Last edited by sonicfox; 08/30/11 04:30 PM.

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD
sonicfox #353838 08/31/11 11:22 AM
Murph Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
You can do personal creepy Mary, as long as you are comfortable with it. I just didn't want to put anyone on the spot.

Murph #353843 08/31/11 12:10 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Go ahead, Mary, you can tell the story about Murph. He says it's OK!

Oh, yeah, it's OK with me if you tell those stories about me, too.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #353844 08/31/11 12:35 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Hey, what about ME? Mary thinks I'M creepy too, you know!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #353858 08/31/11 07:00 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Aren't you guys ever surprised that she keeps coming back here, given the company?

You know, that's starting to make ME feel a little creepy.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020