Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Advice on speakers and set-up w/ high WAF
dakkon #358708 11/15/11 05:51 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: dakkon
i think i remember Brent or Alan saying that the M60's only need an inch or 2 of space between the ports and a wall. I would assume the M22's would need even less space?

I think he's referring to the wall to the immediate side of the speaker, not the distance behind the speaker. In answer to this, I don't know how it would affect it.

CatBrat #358709 11/15/11 05:57 PM
T
regular
OP Offline
regular
T
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I'm a little confused. (How typical)

1) Are you going to be using the main L/R speakers for Stereo music only and never for the TV?

2) Are you only going to be using the built in TV speakers for movies?

3) This wall does not look optimal for a home theater setup. Is there another wall that would be better suited? Either in this room, or another.

Cat Brat; just specifically for music... I agree not optimal for HT. I have a dedicated HT in the basement that I use for games/ movies and such... at the moment all run with Polk audio...(opportunity for future changes!)

If money was no object I would eliminate the nook and make a customised shelving for AV equipment, pics/books etc.; change the mantel to allow for lowering the TV, add the addition of a centre channel. This would enable me to build cabinets for and procure in-cabinet M80s for either side (maybe a foot to either side of the fire place.)

Not sure if I have the relationship capital to undertake that project (not to mention real capital!) so an interim solution is required. Hence the idea of the M22s with sub...At first I thought of the on wall/ in wall but now I am not sure. they would look odd stuck to either side of the mirror. Now I am wondering if the M22 bookshelves with the current stands would be acceptable (run the speaker wire in wall to maximize WAF.

CatBrat #358711 11/15/11 06:02 PM
T
regular
OP Offline
regular
T
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Originally Posted By: dakkon
i think i remember Brent or Alan saying that the M60's only need an inch or 2 of space between the ports and a wall. I would assume the M22's would need even less space?

I think he's referring to the wall to the immediate side of the speaker, not the distance behind the speaker. In answer to this, I don't know how it would affect it.

Actually Dakkon was right I was referring to the amount of distance from the wall to the back of the speaker. Essentially I am looking at the same setup in the earlier posted pic but replacing the ProAcs with the M22 bookshelves now... again not to be used for the TV and I will not be placing any speaker to the right of the TV...

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for all the suggestions. Some of the confusion is due to me changing options on the fly and me not originally providing a picture!
I really appreciate the input and patience!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters