Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Multiple Subs
gtpsuper #360079 12/03/11 08:37 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: gtpsuper

They should add to that "Only if you agree with Axiom and think they are perfect, if you disagree you will be hated and accused of being a troll"

Actually, this is not a true statement. Personally i have made several post's about things i either did not like, or wish axiom would change, these posts were replied to by several other members none of which bashed my post's.

However, i did it in a manner one would expect from an adult. First impressions, no one knows who you are, and you come on the forum making very uneducated statements. Honestly, what kind of reaction did you expect?

That's all i have regarding your posts, i think you tried to bring up some good point's, however i also think you lack the social skills to effectively convey your points without pissing everyone off....

dakkon #360080 12/03/11 09:09 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: dakkon

That's all i have regarding your posts, i think you tried to bring up some good point's, however i also think you lack the social skills to effectively convey your points without pissing everyone off....

Now he's treading on MY turf!

I'M THE TROLL here with no social skills who pisses everyone off.

As sung by Sparks, from 1974's "Kimono My House:"
"This town ain't big enough for the both of us,
and it ain't me who's gonna leave."

One sociopath per online forum. Sorry, but them's the rules.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #360081 12/03/11 09:10 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
point proven....

smile

Jc #360082 12/03/11 09:12 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Originally Posted By: Jc
Originally Posted By: gtpsuper
They just plain suck for the price.

Hi gtpsuper, I wonder if you have personally auditoned an Axiom subwoofer or if you are judging them only from comments read on various forums ?

I come across childish and immature? How about he say something like "I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, what subwoofer do you have? Maybe its setup wrong or something needs adjusted."

My Response was:
"Yes I have a EP175 for a bedroom tv setup with soundbar, got the sub from craiglist, about a year ago.

Does the Axiom subs implement a "brickwall" type high pass filter?"

"gtpsuper,
Other than owning a used Axiom EP175 (might have been modified and not performing as it should) what other experience and/or qualifications can you offer to support your statement that "Axiom subs just plain suck for the price"

How about he say, your EP175 might have been modified, because I feel its a strong performing subwoofer for its size and power and should do well matching up with a sound bar for a bedroom setup.

JC goes on to say:
"Neither do I, but I'm simply wondering how you can give your honest opinion on all Axiom subs when you only own one used model which you have not compared side-by-side with competitors' models in your room. You can also compare specs against specs but too often they are not reliable.
I'm sure that you can see my point and now, I will now move on."

But I remember posting that I did a DIRECT comparison between the EP175, Mirage S10.3 and the Polk PSW 110. And shouldn't he know right off the top of his head if Axiom implement a Brick wall HPF? Or does he not want to say?

Like I said I probably shouldn't have used the word "sucks" but I also think that JC went into full on defense mode.

Last edited by gtpsuper; 12/03/11 09:15 PM.
J. B. #360084 12/03/11 09:54 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
I see that gt just hijacked a SVS thread in Audioholics by bad-mouthing Axiom over there also. Thankfully he was told to stop posting in that thread. Strange from someone who claims to be a big Axiom supported in the past.

Check out the 4 pages here:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/subwoofers/77248-sv-sound-pb-12nsd-subwoofer-preview.html

gt, if you don't like Axiom subs, fine. Please go away & buy something else...

Tom
Comox, BC

exlabdriver #360085 12/03/11 10:07 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Axiom was brought up by other members not me. The article is about the PB 12nsd.

"I recently tried both the new PB12-nsd and the Axiom EP500 and the NSD easily outperformed the Axiom (IMHO)." quote from Trolly

If you look at my 1st post in that thread #13
I said "Axiom EP500 seemed to perform really well last year in the AH test." I messed the date up as I seen it said Aug 25, 2010 but the review was from 2004 I was corrected and went and stated that I was wrong.

I posted here first giving my opinion to the OP who was comparing subwoofers. As most members here I am also a member on various other forums.

I never started the Axiom bashing nor did I hijack the thread. And was told to actually start a thread about Axiom so what does that tell you? I only found that thread because I was looking for reviews on the EP500 and since thats the most current EP500 topic at the time it was first in the search.

When someones does a direct comparison between a $700 and almost $1300 subwoofer and the cheap one way outperforms it that gets me interested.

gtpsuper #360090 12/03/11 10:47 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
I stand corrected, you weren't the first to mention Axiom - kini did in a most approapriate way; however, you eagerly jumped into the fray with your ongoing rants that became clearly off topic there.

Why don't you just buy something that you like & can afford & be done with it?

Don't worry your little head over what manufacturers are doing or not doing with their product lines - they are free to run their enterprises as they see fit. If you don't like them or their product, just go elsewhere - there are tons of choices out there. That's what most reasonable people do.

With the longevity of Axiom in the most competetive speaker manufacturing business, something must be working OK for them.

This has become most tiresome. Bye...

Tom
Comox, BC

exlabdriver #360091 12/03/11 10:56 PM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
I still think there's more meaningful conversation to be had here instead of "just go buy something else" and "you're all a bunch of salespeople." Ha ha. I like how at odds those two points are, though.

CV #360096 12/03/11 11:12 PM
axiomite
axiomite
CV. Every good sales person knows there are some 'customers' that you would rather your competition had.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #360097 12/03/11 11:42 PM
C
CV Offline
C
I don't buy it.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc