shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
People giggle THAT quietly?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Re: Myths & Facts About Crossovers
CV #363304 01/10/12 08:37 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Nicely worded ian. Though i dont really need to be convinced per sey. A motto a like to live by " what other people think of me is none of my business". I do my thing, you do yours and audioholics can do theirs.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Gr8_White_North #363306 01/10/12 08:54 PM
axiomite
axiomite
One trait that has always impressed me regarding Ian is that no matter the circumstances, no matter how harsh others may be due to a personal gripe or how heated a subject matter become he always presents himself with the utmost respect for all of those involved.

That is neat.

Rick
Our Room

smile
RickF #363313 01/10/12 10:23 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I agree with the SRV guy.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
CV #363318 01/10/12 11:33 PM
J
veteran
veteran
J
Quote:
To answer JBall while we are on the topic of the 5.25” mid-woofer in the M60: as explained above, it is not possible that this component is running out of steam as you turn up your amplifier with the M60s set to large. The more likely scenario is that your amplifier is going into clipping and therefore resetting the M60s to small is alleviating that clipping.

Thanks for addressing this Ian but I respectively disagree that my amp is running out of power. I have a 250wpc Anthem amp and 500wpc Crown amp at my disposal and the results are the same. As I drive the levels to very high SPL I notice the mid range driver moving in and out rapidly and the vocals don't sound as clean as they do at lower levels. Please don't take this the wrong way as I still like the speakers and this only happens when I entertain loud parties. I tried a pair of Genlec speakers at one of my party events and this didn't happen on those but I realize those are pro audio products with different design goals.

Again thanks for the response.

JBall #363319 01/10/12 11:49 PM
N
aficionado
aficionado
N
Originally Posted By: JBall
Quote:
To answer JBall while we are on the topic of the 5.25” mid-woofer in the M60: as explained above, it is not possible that this component is running out of steam as you turn up your amplifier with the M60s set to large. The more likely scenario is that your amplifier is going into clipping and therefore resetting the M60s to small is alleviating that clipping.

Thanks for addressing this Ian but I respectively disagree that my amp is running out of power. I have a 250wpc Anthem amp and 500wpc Crown amp at my disposal and the results are the same. As I drive the levels to very high SPL I notice the mid range driver moving in and out rapidly and the vocals don't sound as clean as they do at lower levels. Please don't take this the wrong way as I still like the speakers and this only happens when I entertain loud parties. I tried a pair of Genlec speakers at one of my party events and this didn't happen on those but I realize those are pro audio products with different design goals.

At what average SPL did you notice the problem? How big of a room are you running the M60's in? Do you have the amp on a dedicated circuit?

JBall #363320 01/10/12 11:52 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Quote:

M80s needed

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Nick B #363322 01/11/12 12:35 AM
J
veteran
veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Nick B
Quote:

At what average SPL did you notice the problem? How big of a room are you running the M60's in? Do you have the amp on a dedicated circuit?

I didn't measure SPL but I can tell you it got progressively louder as more drinks were served. My party room is 50ft by 25ft and I have my system plugged into a dedicated outlet.

I will probably add another pair of M60s to the back of the room so I can have 4 speakers playing into the room where everyone dances. I got the amps, I just need more speakers and I don't want to mix/match.

JBall #363324 01/11/12 12:47 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Quote:
My party room is 50ft by 25ft and I have my system plugged into a dedicated outlet.

I will probably add another pair of M60s to the back of the room so I can have 4 speakers playing into the room where everyone dances. I got the amps, I just need more speakers and I don't want to mix/match.

M80s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Wid #363325 01/11/12 12:48 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
I dunno, better ask Wid what speakers he might recommend.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020