G
old hand
old hand
G
Originally Posted By: medic8r
Originally Posted By: gtpsuper
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I'm here to have fun.

JBall and gtsuper's posts diminish my fun.

That is all.

Whatever, your [sic] one of the first ones to go negative, call names, insult, and start calling other members trolls.

If you had a chance to meet Tom and have a beer with him, as I have, you'd undoubtedly find him one of the classiest guys on this forum.

He might be a classy guy as I don't know him, all I do know is that he started the Troll nonsense and is a forum regualar that does attack people with a different opinion.

Re: Scoop on Axiom Subs?
gtpsuper #370322 03/20/12 12:34 AM
axiomite
axiomite

He might be a classy guy as I don't know him, all I do know is that he started the Troll nonsense and is a forum regualar that does attack people with a different opinion.

As I recall, last time you were here, you pretty much trashed anybody who disagreed with you. You then took your piddling match over to Audioholics and started trolling Axiom until the owner of the site slapped you down. I also seem to recall his response to your opinion was quite clear. "Axiom subs are not junk."

Look in the mirror, consider the word troll, and consider how you might alter YOUR behavior.

Honestly, some peoples kids...

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #370327 03/20/12 12:59 AM
S
aficionado
aficionado
S
gtpsuper was the first to trash Axiom's new speakers over at Audioholics also with his "bracing issues"

gtpsuper #370328 03/20/12 01:19 AM
axiomite
axiomite
LMAO we're not the same person.

Sorry if you misunderstood me, I never meant to imply that you two were the same person, only that you might be co-joined twins or something because you always show up in the same places at the same time. That's all.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Cork #370329 03/20/12 01:23 AM
G
old hand
old hand
G
I'm not trashing those new speakers. Read the first post where Gene posted "What are your thoughts on the new Axiom speakers?"

You get responses like:

"Wow really tall cabinet, hope they take cabinet bracing seriously on this model. But I really doubt that." Mine and I do hope they make a solid cabinet unless they consider a solid well braced cabinet "Jewerly" Heres some responses from other members.

"They would be better off with less drivers, but better ones, a better crossover and probably a better cabinet."

"I think they need more tweeters and midrange drivers on both sides of the speaker in addition to the front & back. More is better. That's their motto."

"They're out of their minds. $4K for a pair of speakers that look like they were thrown together with whatever parts they could find laying around."

"There are actual engineering principles at hand which can make them superior to stamped versions. Perhaps with their own driver technology they use there is no difference or they just don't know how to design a driver where a cast-basket is beneficial.

I don't think axiom understands what audio jewelry really means. Audio jewelry refers to aesthetic accessory upgrades like cables, terminations, outriggers, grilles and crap like that. Components that make up a driver is NOT audio jewelry."

gtpsuper #370332 03/20/12 01:33 AM
S
aficionado
aficionado
S
You like refueling the fire, over there and here.

edit: anyway I am done!

Last edited by SBrown; 03/20/12 01:36 AM.
Cork #370333 03/20/12 01:43 AM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Sorry would this be better for you?

OMG OMG OMG Axiom just made the most super duper awesomeness speaker ever, not even speakers costing gazillion dollars can match these. I haven't heard them yet but OMG OMG OMG Axiom says there will be AWESOME so I believe them, where can I send my money. Nobody has even heard them yet outside of Axiom but i've already made my mind up that these will be the best speakers i've ever heard.

Cork #370334 03/20/12 01:52 AM
shareholder in the making
Well, you're critical of them without having heard them; why should you make fun of people who like them without having heard them.

Look, you're a troll. You have an axe to grind with Axiom, so you feel some need to come here and tell us we're all wrong for being happy with Axiom products and the service we receive from the company.

Smarten up and realize that we believe what we believe and you believe what you believe. The difference is, we don't go to YOUR home and trash your preferences.

Just go away already.

I've fed the troll... sorry guys. I'm done with him.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Cork #370335 03/20/12 01:58 AM
Well, one more thing. This is GTStupor's post:

Quote:
are you upset that people on the Axiom forum like Axiom speakers? Sorry the products you purchased where definitly not up to Axioms quality. I like my VP150 i'm happy with it and no one is going to tell me that is sounds horrible, I evaluate speakers with my ears not a chart or someones option. If your so uphappy with the recent purchase beg Axiom to take them back and go with another maker. If I buy something thats not quality I'll return it and try again, after that go somewhere else, Paradigm, PSB, Aperion, Ascend, and many other choices. Do us happy Axioms owners a favor and quit telling us how bad our speakers our, yes i've read many reviews on Axioms nothing new. Do I have gripes about Axiom yes (subs need to be almost half the price they are now to be taken serious against the competition), but I don't hammer away on the forum for days, just go to AVS or something.

Nice advice!

OK, NOW I'm done.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Cork #370336 03/20/12 02:02 AM
G
old hand
old hand
G
I didn't want to start all this, I came to the forum to check on new info about the new speakers to post it over on Audioholics for anyone interested in it. Till I noticed that JBall who was be fairly polite and just discussing products was getting jumped on by several members and being call a troll and SBrown made the comment "JBall Less dude" Really?

My first post in this thread was civilized, polite and non combative. Posted my observations about other speakers since part of the discusses was stamped vs cast. Also about tweeter upgrade vs no upgrade.

I then directed JBall who was comparing Ascend to Axiom and I directed him toward an AVS thread with the new Sierra Horizon center.

Thats when you typical Axiom fanboys started baiting for a fight cause you don't like conversation about other brands vs Axiom. "Why the hostility GT, I mean JB?" Thats whats called baiting for a fight. Cause you can't get over what happened on another thread 2-3 months ago.

Last edited by gtpsuper; 03/20/12 02:04 AM.
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters