Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
Re: Scoop on Axiom Subs?
CatBrat #370404 03/20/12 06:58 PM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Sounds like he believes anything anybody says, as long as it's not from Axiom.

Unfortunately, the moment Audioholics announced this speaker, this same rant between this clown and the other (TLS Guy), the greatest speaker experts of our time, started. I didn't know one could offer such valuable, magical expertise from just looking at a picture. It certainly is quite a unique ability, heretofore, unheard of in the CE business. In either case, they obviously have absolutely nothing else to do with their time.

Last edited by casey01; 03/20/12 07:00 PM.
casey01 #370406 03/20/12 07:45 PM
B
veteran
veteran
B
Originally Posted By: casey01

Unfortunately, the moment Audioholics announced this speaker, this same rant between this clown and the other (TLS Guy), the greatest speaker experts of our time, started. I didn't know one could offer such valuable, magical expertise from just looking at a picture. It certainly is quite a unique ability, heretofore, unheard of in the CE business. In either case, they obviously have absolutely nothing else to do with their time.

I don't always agree with TLS Guy but he is a well versed individual regarding speaker design and is a doctor by profession. If you didn't agree with something he said and since you follow audioholics take it up with him there...don't come here and call him names!

Last edited by billy p; 03/20/12 07:51 PM.
gtpsuper #370407 03/20/12 08:21 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I didn't know there was such a thing as a well designed, well engineered, good sounding Chinese speaker. BTW, does it come with a translator? On another note, Axiom speakers are not a Canadian built turd. This topic however is starting to smell like one eek

billy p #370415 03/21/12 12:30 AM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted By: billy p
Originally Posted By: casey01

I don't always agree with TLS Guy but he is a well versed individual regarding speaker design and is a doctor by profession. If you didn't agree with something he said and since you follow audioholics take it up with him there...don't come here and call him names!

Quite frankly, I follow Audioholics very infrequently, it was only after I was made aware of the announcement that I noticed it and immediately saw the comments. Regardless of TLS Guy's apparent profession and expertise, I would assume like any reasonably intelligent person who is interested in this subject, especially pertaining to a brand new product, we would reserve judgement until we saw and heard it, unfortunately, he chose to do quite otherwise. For that reason, I have no desire whatsoever to get in to a pi..ing contest with somebody like this because from what I see that is what it, unfortunately, and all too often turns out to be, especially on that particular forum(hence, the recent intervention and comments of concern from the principals at Audioholics about many of these kinds of posts under discussion).

Cork #370419 03/21/12 02:58 AM
D
devotee
devotee
D
What the hell is going on with all the axiom haters lately?
I just read another post at AVS (yes, I know, imagine that?) where a dude was just asking opinions...then axiom gets slammed. Almost every freaking forum I visit I read negative posts about Axiom.

I just don't get it. I've been an audio hobbyist for many years and seems very few mfg's get bashed like this, seems like a virus.

For Christs sake, it's got me thinking about thoughts of getting different speakers. Geez...when one keeps hearing negative things over and over, I'm starting to get concerned.

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740
Dduval #370420 03/21/12 03:21 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Follow the lemmings...

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #370421 03/21/12 03:27 AM
D
devotee
devotee
D
Thanks for the advice Fred...

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740
Cork #370422 03/21/12 03:29 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
People don't like it when the status quo is challenged. Axiom does that quite publicly. I'm sure this forum probably doesn't help either as far as the haters go; we tend to be a rather no-nonsense bunch and that just sticks in the craw of people who just spent >$100 on a piece of wire.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Dduval #370424 03/21/12 04:19 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Dduval
Thanks for the advice Fred...

Sorry, its the first thing that came to mind. There is a lot of lemming like behavior on Audioholics/AVS. You get a few good posters, but mostly a lot of people repeating what they have read without much thought to what it really means.

I have good speakers. I don't much care what the lemmings think.
AV123 was a real doozie of a lemming cliff. Lots of lemming snacks at the bottom of that one. Well, if you're a vulture.

Last edited by fredk; 03/21/12 04:19 AM.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
Cork #370425 03/21/12 04:34 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
It might be a good idea to try something different. Maybe you can borrow a pair or do a 30 day trial or something. Then listen to the Axioms again. See what you like better.

My personal journey involves many speakers. I am a little embarrassed at what I have spent over the years. I love my 80s and 3's. I wish I had bought them first...Almost. I spent a lot, but at least I have personal experience with many speakers instead of just reading about many speakers. I never have any doubt about how good my speakers are and I just ignore people who say rotten things.

I remember the day I went to Bob's house to hear Axioms for the first time, M60s. I was expecting pretty good but I sat there astonished. I was listening to decades worth of experience of a man with a vision of what a loudspeaker should be.

There is a motto of another talented speaker maker who crafted the one pair of speakers that I wish I had kept. He uses very humble drivers but his speakers are incredible. His motto is that it is not the parts that make a great speaker. It is how the parts work together.

good luck

M3 and
M80
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616