Rate Thread
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
Re: Scoop on Axiom Subs?
Cork #370429 03/21/12 07:42 AM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
I reluctantly post this as I would rather not extend this thread any longer; however, in order to close this off, I came across this post from 'gtpsuper24' on 06-09-11 at 10:19AM on AVS:

Whats with all the negativity? If your not a Axiom owner or never have been or never plan to be why bother posting? I've been a Axiom owner since 2008 and couldn't be happier with my purchase and I even plan on upgrading to M80s and the VP180. This discussion comes up about once a year or so, so why is it that the same people go on this crusade against Axiom? During get togethers never once has any one complained about the sound of my Axioms or any thing similar. I feel many people have been happy with their Axiom puchase I never see them for sale used on sites like ebay, audiogon, or avs classifieds. Hopefully Axiom has another great 30years ahead.

If this is from our beloved 'gtpsuper' (I believe that it might be unless someone else has hijacked his username), his recent trolling posts here are most puzzling. This whole thing seems quite bizarre to me...

Tom
Comox, BC

Cork #370449 03/21/12 01:31 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Yup, I've quoted that before. He made a similar post here. He seems to have changed his mind. Hey. Whatever. That's cool, just bugger off and leave us alone in our delusion.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Cork #370451 03/21/12 01:36 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

I like when the anti Axiom folks link to reviews of other speakers to prove a point but never seem to see the same positive reviews on the same sites for an Axiom product.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Dduval #370471 03/21/12 04:15 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Dduval
What the hell is going on with all the axiom haters lately?
I just read another post at AVS (yes, I know, imagine that?) where a dude was just asking opinions...then axiom gets slammed. Almost every freaking forum I visit I read negative posts about Axiom.

I just don't get it. I've been an audio hobbyist for many years and seems very few mfg's get bashed like this, seems like a virus.

For Christs sake, it's got me thinking about thoughts of getting different speakers. Geez...when one keeps hearing negative things over and over, I'm starting to get concerned.

I dont understand the copious amounts of people coming out of the wood work to share negative comments either. From what i have read, most of the people posting on other forums have no direct experience with Axiom as a company, or their products, some do but most do not...

Personally as an audio enthusiast i have Axiom speakers as well as B&W's... Honestly, both brands sound about the same to me, they both sound good while the frequency response is different between them since they are for difference purposes (bedroom/family room)... I would say the fit and finish of the B&W's is nicer... But, comparing these two brands is not exactly fair due to the extreme price difference between them, the B&W's better have a wonderful finish for the price!!. Axiom seems to concentrate more on value, and personally i have NEVER been unhappy with a speaker that i have bought from Axiom.

Cork #370473 03/21/12 04:25 PM
axiomite
axiomite
That's a fair assessment Dak.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Cork #370504 03/21/12 06:51 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Whilst I was reading the copious anti-Axiom venom elsewhere in that thread, I came across a post by an 'expert' who stated that he changed out a cable or speaker wire (or whatever) in his friend's audio system. The results were akin to a complete amplifier upgrade. Quite unbelievable to me. There is a plethora of placebo effect out there methinks. I take enough pills daily - I don't need placebos.

Over my many years as an audio/video enthusiast (but not an audiophile), I've come to really appreciate all of the equipment that manufacturers such as Marantz, Sony, Denon, Axiom & Velodyne (amongst others) have provided to me - names that make many purist snobs cringe. These components have given me countless hours of pleasurable listening & viewing over the decades. I am particularly impressed with Axiom's philosophy of using pragmatic & practical methods (often quite different from the rest of the industry) of engineering fine sound into their products at an affordable price. That is most important to me now that I'm an aging pensioner - it keeps me in the game.

I fear for Ascend Acoustics when the herd turns on them down the road when it decides that something is amiss in their products.

I guess now that I'm going to branded as an Axiom fanboy. Oh well, there are worse things...

Tom
Comox, BC

Cork #370505 03/21/12 07:06 PM
axiomite
axiomite
He could have replaced a faulty wire, like maybe it was down to 1 strand in some particular spot. (Just thinking out loud.... where is that delete button when you need one.)

Last edited by CatBrat; 03/21/12 07:09 PM.
exlabdriver #370519 03/21/12 08:26 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
[quote=exlabdriver
Over my many years as an audio/video enthusiast (but not an audiophile), I've come to really appreciate all of the equipment that manufacturers such as Marantz, Sony, Denon, Axiom & Velodyne (amongst others) have provided to me - names that make many purist snobs cringe. These components have given me countless hours of pleasurable listening & viewing over the decades. [/quote]

Tom, in my "Axiom system" i am using a Krell processor, as well as Krell amps... I recently asked Alan for some advice... When i "upgraded" to the Krell processor from a NAD, i could not hear any difference..!.. keep in mind, i was taking out a 1,500$ processor and replacing it with a 9,500$(i paid 2k$ pre-owned) unit!!... Anyhow, my next processor will be an integra i think. More "value", The integra has the 1 option that i DID hear a difference in, XLR connections to the amp... The integra also has Soooo many things that the Krell does not... If NAD had a model with XLR's then i would buy another NAD...

Also, i have some RCA/XLR cables that i paid 100$ each for, while i other's that are about 10$ or so a cable... I can't "hear" the difference between the 100$ cable, or the 10$ cable.... it is not WOW, that cable is soo much better!!...

Yeah,yeah, i know some people around here say "those people who pay 100$ a cable", but they looked neat and i figured i would try them wink

With all that being said, i could be completely tone deaf... However, the V.A. did say my hearing is "acceptable" across all frequency ranges..... so i do have "some" scientific proof i can hear!.... hahahah.

Last edited by dakkon; 03/21/12 08:26 PM.
Cork #370532 03/21/12 10:26 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Cat:

I found the posts that I was talking about. Excerpts follow:

*I was over at a friends house about a year ago on an audio related trip. I think he was using Blue Jeans speaker cables at the time. I swapped them out for one of Electra Cables cheaper speaker cables and he just about fell over. It was like upgrading his amp or something.

**I'd have so much fun with you.... I could change one power cable on my system for a stock power cable and you'd fall over. It would burst everything you ever believed in.

From what I gather reading the above, there were no problems with the friend's wires.

Sorry, I just don't buy what is being stated there as I don't fall over easily. For me, unless they are defective, proper cables/wires just do not make huge, dramatic sonic differences as espoused above. I'm just too cynical & pragmatic I guess; however, these virtues make it far easier on the wallet...

Tom
Comox, BC

exlabdriver #370542 03/21/12 11:23 PM
S
aficionado
aficionado
S
I have a few expensive cables and can tell you for a fact that they DO make a difference. Especially on the source player,(i have an Oppo)it is there.

Try one if you don't believe me, and if you don't agree "bill me" I could use a couple more. smile

Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters