Re: Scoop on Axiom Subs?
JBall #370618 03/22/12 04:50 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Originally Posted By: JBall
I put my order in for Sierra Towers! Woohoo!

Congrats and enjoy. I wouldn't mind hearing them myself.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Cork #370628 03/22/12 06:21 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
billy:

I'm so sorry - human nature I guess. Besides, I thought that some people here might want to wander over there to see what is going on & to read your fine contributions over there as well.

JB: Kudos on your new purchase. I'm sure that you have made the right choice for you as the Sierras seem to be a fine product from what I've read.

If we could just convince gtp to do something similar so that he can be happy again as well.

Yes, we are way off topic; however, after page 3, it is only natural I guess...

Sincerely,

Tom
Comox, BC

gtpsuper #370629 03/22/12 06:36 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted By: gtpsuper
Sorry would this be better for you?

OMG OMG OMG Axiom just made the most super duper awesomeness speaker ever, not even speakers costing gazillion dollars can match these.

I would not be so quick to judge, because that sounds suspiciously similar to the Ascend website:

"...compact floorstanding loudspeaker with performance that rivals and even surpasses some of the most highly regarded loudspeakers at any price."

I suppose you're not a fan of Ascend either...

M80s, VP180, QS8s, EP800 v3
Cork #370630 03/22/12 06:50 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
I was being sarcastic LOL. I think I hurt someones feelings so I though I would cheer them up.

exlab, i've replaced majority of my Axioms with Arx speakers. I'm not a snob that thinks products that cost more are better, actually I picked up the Arx A1 bookshelfs and A2 center for just a few dollars more than the VP150 cost me 3-4yrs ago. On top of being cheaper they also include as standard option die-cast frame aluminium high excursion woofers. I would say that the A1s are a cross between the M3 and the M22s the bass and "fullness" of the M3 with the midrange detail of the M22s, just not a sensitive as the M22s.

They sound really good using Axiom speaker wire with Axiom terimals. But I myself never heard or believed in more expensive wire is better or rcas or hdmi.

exlabdriver #370632 03/22/12 07:09 PM
B
veteran
veteran
B
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
billy:

I'm so sorry - human nature I guess. Besides, I thought that some people here might want to wander over there to see what is going on & to read your fine contributions over there as well.

JB: Kudos on your new purchase. I'm sure that you have made the right choice for you as the Sierras seem to be a fine product from what I've read.

If we could just convince gtp to do something similar so that he can be happy again as well.

Yes, we are way off topic; however, after page 3, it is only natural I guess...

Sincerely,

Tom
Comox, BC

Indeed...human nautre to be sure...because even at audioholics where I spend most of my time things sometimes get monotonous and need some levity...kinda like what can occur here. But...make no mistake I still use/own and enjoy my Axioms...I only got involved because of comments made eariler by another member regarding the Ascend Towers and thought to set the record straight.

Cork #370634 03/22/12 07:40 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
I don't know that you "set the record straight". I can see you love your speakers and rightfully so, I'm sure they sound great but unless you have heard them M80s in a side by side comparison there no way to set anyone/anything straight.

Just like mine, it's your opinion.

BTW Happy Birthday.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Cork #370638 03/22/12 07:53 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Until you put the M80s in a side by side comparison theres no way to know if the M80s are really as good as you say either.

One thing I find funny is that you die hard Axiom fans think its ok to say that your M80s or what ever model you have is better than all those other speakers, But as soon as someone else says this brand X is better than Axiom thats when we always hear "If you didn't do it blind theres no way to know for sure" Or "you gotta do side by side comparison".

gtpsuper #370640 03/22/12 07:55 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Originally Posted By: gtpsuper
Until you put the M80s in a side by side comparison theres no way to know if the M80s are really as good as you say either.

Very true

Rick

Wid #370642 03/22/12 07:57 PM
B
veteran
veteran
B
Originally Posted By: Wid
I don't know that you "set the record straight". I can see you love your speakers and rightfully so, I'm sure they sound great but unless you have heard them M80s in a side by side comparison there no way to set anyone/anything straight.

BTW Happy Birthday.

No I have not heard the Axiom Towers but the 22's are a very good benchmark for others to compare against. Based on what I hear in my home the NrT is much more fluid and dynamic vs. the Axiom twet and the Sierra mid range has amazing detail and resolution. I use the 22's along with my sub but even with the sub the Towers are still better. BTW...I had the Sierra 1 for about 6 months and compared them with my 22's a more apples to apples comparison with about the same results....just my sujective and un biased opinion....

And thanks for the BD wish....Bill

Wid #370646 03/22/12 08:24 PM
J
veteran
veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Wid

BTW Happy Birthday.

I can comfortably tell you that I directly compared my Axiom M60v3s side by side and level matched to a pair of Sierra Towers and there was simply no comparison. The midrange on the Sierra towers was so much clearer and neutral sounding. I always felt the mids on the M60s were too bass heavy. As you crank the volume up, the Sierra's just sang while the Axioms just sounded jumbled together. The Axioms do have a tad more bass but the bass is not as defined or snappy. The highs on the Sierra towers also sound more airy and the sound is just more spacious overall.

I realize the Sierra towers are more money, but IMO worth the added expense and after hearing them, I can never go back to my Axioms. Sorry guys.

Last edited by JBall; 03/22/12 08:27 PM.
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters