You are not logged in. [Log In]

Forums » General Discussion » Technical Questions » Gonna buy me some stripper-named cables!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#372747 - 04/10/12 03:30 PM Gonna buy me some stripper-named cables!
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH

#372756 - 04/10/12 04:15 PM Re: Gonna buy me some stripper-named cables! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
nickbuol Offline
axiomite

Loc: Marion, IA
Perfect timing. I was just talking to some of my staff today about how he paid way too much for his Monster cable, but he didn't believe me.

#372764 - 04/10/12 05:03 PM Re: Gonna buy me some stripper-named cables! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
Adrian Offline
axiomite

Loc: It's all about the location.
Nick, maybe there's still time for him to upgrade to Audioquest cables?

#372766 - 04/10/12 05:21 PM Re: Gonna buy me some stripper-named cables! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
Bayne Offline
local

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
What? You mean my decently priced Bluejeans cables aren't sending the 1's and 0's to my components as well as Monster or Audioquest cables? I need to upgrade right this minute. I hope they accept Visa?

#372775 - 04/10/12 06:11 PM Re: Gonna buy me some stripper-named cables! [Re: nickbuol]
dakkon Offline
connoisseur

Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Perfect timing. I was just talking to some of my staff today about how he paid way too much for his Monster cable, but he didn't believe me.

Nick, you are going to fight an up hill battle with this one.... you are trying to disprove millions of dollars of advertising....

I have a pair of high end moster cables... Right now they are in a bin on the porch.. wink

Also, this can be a very touchy subject telling someone that they "waisted" their money... especially a subornate at work...

Right now i am using cables from av-outlet, RCA and power cables... they are average price, and pretty good quality in my mind...

#372794 - 04/10/12 07:08 PM Re: Gonna buy me some stripper-named cables! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
jakewash Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
I usually inform those that have purchased Monster products to try to avoid them due to their frivolous lawsuits for starters then move on to how there isn't any quality differences from Monoprice, Blue Jeans etc. compared to those that they bought, it generally works.

My HT

#372866 - 04/11/12 10:19 AM Re: Gonna buy me some stripper-named cables! [Re: jakewash]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
Originally Posted By: jakewash
I usually inform those that have purchased Monster products to try to avoid them due to their frivolous lawsuits for starters then move on to how there isn't any quality differences from Monoprice, Blue Jeans etc. compared to those that they bought, it generally works.

Having different price tiers of HDMI cables from Monoprice and Blue Jeans, there are build quality, flexibility differences and have different performance ratings over length.

For instance the 28awg HDMI cables from monoprice I notice minor sparkles in the picture when you sit up close. This is at a 10ft run which is a very short run for artifacts to show up in the picture.

-Max Payne

#372868 - 04/11/12 10:30 AM Re: Gonna buy me some stripper-named cables! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
MarkSJohnson Offline

Loc: Central NH
Is anyone familiar with these Monoprice HDMI cables that incorporate "RedMere" technology?

Supposedly, RedMere allows for longer cable runs, but what I like is the thinner cables. Much as I like Monoprice, some of their cables are awfully bulky and stiff.

#372881 - 04/11/12 11:30 AM Re: Gonna buy me some stripper-named cables! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Is anyone familiar with these Monoprice HDMI cables that incorporate "RedMere" technology?

Supposedly, RedMere allows for longer cable runs, but what I like is the thinner cables. Much as I like Monoprice, some of their cables are awfully bulky and stiff.

It looks like they haven't been brought to market yet. Their signal is directional too!

-Max Payne

#373115 - 04/12/12 01:06 PM Re: Gonna buy me some stripper-named cables! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
This is older now and posted before but some may find it interesting to watch the video of this "Marketplace" episode.

Of particular interest would be the part where they hook up a computer to a couple of very oppositely priced brands of HDMI cables. Because you are dealing with data, zeros and ones, it's a pretty simple thing for a computer to monitor the data and show evidently that the data passed through both cables was 100% equal.

Now, are there arguably, total crap HDMI cables? Yes. Certainly there are but crap is crap no matter what you are referring to and that's not the caparison being made.

Marketplace - Packing the Deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 
Forum Stats

15,271 Registered Members
16 Forums
24,078 Topics
425,171 Posts

Most users ever online:
883 @ 03/04/17 05:06 PM

Top Posters
Ken.C 18044