Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Re: Pursuing the Truth In Audio You Say?
SBrown #372770 04/10/12 09:48 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: SBrown
Originally Posted By: billy p
Hey Guy's without divulging any information here...I know Gene is truely sorry as he expressed in his prior discussion with Ian & Amie soon after this news became public.

I think it would be in the best intrest for both paries involved if this thread could be locked and further discussions cease.

Time has come to move on & "turn the page" to ....to quote my favorite Bob Seger song....what do you guys think?

Regards, Bill.... frown

I see you have the Sierra Towers just like JBall......

That wasn't nice. frown You may not agree with Bill, but there is no need to imply he is remotely like jball.

Bill. Axiom has taken a lot of negative shit on Audioholics over the last couple of years. Given that and the events of the last few weeks you should expect just a little push back.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #372781 04/10/12 10:24 PM
S
aficionado
aficionado
S
I was just making a point, you don't have to get your panties in a knot. Just seems he knows a little more than what he is saying and sticking up for Gene a little much.

Anyways flame away, I am done with this thread. frown

SBrown #372782 04/10/12 10:26 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I lost my panties in the divorce. I can't get them in a knot any more.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #372784 04/10/12 10:30 PM
B
veteran
veteran
B
Originally Posted By: fredk
Originally Posted By: SBrown
Originally Posted By: billy p
Hey Guy's without divulging any information here...I know Gene is truely sorry as he expressed in his prior discussion with Ian & Amie soon after this news became public.

I think it would be in the best intrest for both paries involved if this thread could be locked and further discussions cease.

Time has come to move on & "turn the page" to ....to quote my favorite Bob Seger song....what do you guys think?

Regards, Bill.... frown

I see you have the Sierra Towers just like JBall......

That wasn't nice. frown You may not agree with Bill, but there is no need to imply he is remotely like jball.

Bill. Axiom has taken a lot of negative shit on Audioholics over the last couple of years. Given that and the events of the last few weeks you should expect just a little push back.

Thanks Fred` imho that post was outta line. As for my request regarding this particular thread it would have being nice since Ian mentioned audio is a wonderful hobby that should brinhg enjoyment to the majority who participate and thus all negative comments shall be removed because of this umcommom occurance of one guys actions.

I also know too well about all the negative stuff being reported on other forums of which could be audioholics related. I know this forum is lighly moderated and usually very tolerent but at some point somethings gotta give because at the end of the day we're ll fathers,son mothers...somebodys loved one am quite frankly I am getting tird of this negetive banter all over these audio forums.

Like Jack said above life's too short...it took me 40+ yrs to figure it out...I guess I'm getting old too frown

Last edited by billy p; 04/10/12 10:33 PM.
billy p #372796 04/10/12 11:18 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
I just want to say thanks to Axiom for being honest with us about the situation, and being very professional in their acceptance of Gene's apology.

I have been extremely happy with my Axiom speakers. They've ruined me for anything else. They are great bang for the buck speakers and I'll continue to recommend them to my friends and family.

I'm especially impressed with all the variations of speakers they are able to come up with. I'm installing their in-cabinet speakers in the next month or so.

Audioholics is where I first heard of Axiom so I have to thank them for their recommendation. I haven't visited the site much since they launched their store. I found it to be a conflict of interest, still, best of luck to both Axiom and Audioholics and I hope we can get past this and just waste our time listening to music and movies.

Ian #372799 04/10/12 11:35 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Ok, so I take it back about the respect for Audioholics. I actually went in and looked at some of Gene's recent posts about Axiom and it is clear to me from the tone of his writing that he is EXTREMELY sour on Axiom. His whole post about the new 1100 speakers oozes apathy. It is my opinion that he is JBALL or that he at least approved of the Axiom hate campaign.

"Apparently they now feel that beyond $1400/pair you actually can make a better sounding speaker rather than just adding to cosmetics and appeal."

It looks like I'll need to do some damage control by posting more of my positive experiences.

Ian #372859 04/11/12 01:32 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
In regards to the 'censorship' and 'rubbernecking' perspective of this miserable situation, I have to disagree with the view of some. Whether or not the bashing was an intentionally orchestrated "plan" of sorts, or if it was all just innocent mischief, those who are responsible need to be held accountable. It is too often that people use the illusion of Internet anonymity to behave like jackasses and say whatever the hell they want without being taken to task for what they say. Now that there has been somewhat of a 'revealing' of evidence that illuminates a culprit, despite direct or indirect association, there should be some form of penance. To simply bury this thread, or censor it, or encourage others to just let it die, will do nothing more than set the stage for a repeat offence of the same kind. I can say with absolute confidence, that if this were to be buried, the same jackasses that have nothing better to do with their time than spread hate and discontent, will slither out of their holes and start playing their games as soon as dust settles.

michael_d #372861 04/11/12 01:40 PM
S
aficionado
aficionado
S
This is Bill from Ascends forum:

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!
Hey...JBALL...welcome to the darkside... . I had another Axiom member over the other day to audition the Towers he immediately heard the difference and complemented how good the Towers sounded...compared to his grand master set up which uses the m22's as mains. Sure its not a fair comparison but the difference was not even "remotely close" his words..

We really gotta lay off those guys over there...

Regards, Bill...

This is why I posted what I did.So....no,I don't feel bad.

michael_d #372862 04/11/12 01:46 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Well said, Michael.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Ian #372863 04/11/12 01:52 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
another point of view is that capital punishment does not diminish the number of murders.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters