Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 84 of 103 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 102 103
Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight?
medic8r #373512 04/16/12 10:30 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
If your dealing with chocolate and dessert go with Grand Marnier.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
medic8r #373516 04/17/12 12:19 AM
O
onn Offline
connoisseur
connoisseur
O
Didn't have these tonight. I had these when I was in Brandon Manitoba last week. Each one was at least 20 oz.

Last Tuesday I had this:

On Wednesday I had:

onn #373518 04/17/12 12:42 AM
M
aficionado
aficionado
M
Damn Mel, those are a couple of fine looking plates of protein packed Prime Rib. Look to be cooked perfect in my book.

I'm sure you enjoyed them! smile

M80's(2), VP150, QS8's(2), M3's(4)
merchman #375882 05/12/12 02:31 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I love lemonaid. It packs big flavour that cannot be missed by those of us who's taste buds are in their sunset years. It has enough pucker to make you sit up and take notice, wetting the driest mouth. I balances sweet and tart without sacrificing flavour.

My favourite is still fresh lemons, sugar, soda water and lots of ice cubes. A shot of gin doesn't hurt either.

I caught on to the idea of playing with the flavour at one of those fresh lemonaid stands where they also put a half of a squeezed lemon in your drink, probably to reduce the volume. It just adds to the flavour.

My current go to lemonaid is a blend of convenience and enhancement. I start with a can of frozen concentrate for which I close to double the water added and then squeeze in a lime, dropping in half of the squeezed lime.

You need to be careful with limes. If you leave the rind in over night, the drink starts to bite back and the lime overpowers. 4 hours is about right.

Lemon rind is a different story. The other day I forgot and left it in for a day. The result was a very concentrated lemon flavour without the bite of bitterness and no overpowering sourness.

Just finished making a jug so I have some to take with me golfing tomorrow.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #375883 05/12/12 02:42 AM
shareholder in the making
You definitely need some lemon oil in lemonade -- and that comes from the zest.

If you want to be really fancy, first scrub and wash the lemons in the sink. Then slice off very thin slivers of skin -- just the yellow, no white. Get all the zest from each lemon you're using.

Next, put the zest into a bowl and pour all the sugar from your recipe over it. Mix it around to make sure the zest is well coated and let it sit for about an hour. During that time, the sugar will pull the oils out of the zest and turn a bit syrupy.

Juice the lemons as usual.

Boil some water and pour it over the sugar-zest mixture, making sure it's fully covered. This will help dissolve the sugar and get the rest of the flavor from the zest. Let it steep/dissolve for at least 10 minutes.

Now combine everything in your serving container with lots of ice, making sure to pour the zest syrup through a sieve. Add cold water to taste.

onn #375887 05/12/12 03:33 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: onn

Last Tuesday I had this:

Onn, just for the record... I hate you for posting that photo... If it woulda been a crappy photo i would be ok with it... But, to post something that delicious looking, i think that is cruel and unusual punishment for the rest of us....

pmbuko #375901 05/12/12 10:44 AM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko

If you want to be really fancy, first scrub and wash the lemons in the sink. Then slice off very thin slivers of skin -- just the yellow, no white. Get all the zest from each lemon you're using.

Next, put the zest into a bowl and pour all the sugar from your recipe over it. Mix it around to make sure the zest is well coated and let it sit for about an hour. During that time, the sugar will pull the oils out of the zest and turn a bit syrupy.

Boil some water and pour it over the sugar-zest mixture, making sure it's fully covered. This will help dissolve the sugar and get the rest of the flavor from the zest. Let it steep/dissolve for at least 10 minutes.

Now combine everything in your serving container with lots of ice, making sure to pour the zest syrup through a sieve. Add cold water to taste.

Where do you guys find the time to do these things? I just open a bottle of beer or have a glass of water and have an extra half hour in my day!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
dakkon #375904 05/12/12 12:58 PM
O
onn Offline
connoisseur
connoisseur
O
Originally Posted By: dakkon

Last Tuesday I had this:

Onn, just for the record... I hate you for posting that photo... If it woulda been a crappy photo i would be ok with it... But, to post something that delicious looking, i think that is cruel and unusual punishment for the rest of us....

Thanks for the kind words Dakkon. laugh

If any of our Quebec members happen to know where I could find something like this near Shawinigan, let me know. I'm heading that way next week.

Last edited by onn; 05/12/12 01:02 PM.
MarkSJohnson #375919 05/12/12 05:50 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Originally Posted By: pmbuko

Where do you guys find the time to do these things? I just open a bottle of beer or have a glass of water and have an extra half hour in my day!

Dude. Ya gotta mike time for the good things in life, like lemonaid.

Quote:
...where I could find something like this near Shawinigan

Say hi to Jean for me. Just remember though, don't let him get hold of your throat.

Peter. I'll give that a try sometime soon.

Last edited by fredk; 05/12/12 05:51 PM.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
onn #375938 05/13/12 01:07 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Didn't have these tonight. I had these when I was in Brandon Manitoba last week. Each one was at least 20 oz.

Last Tuesday I had this:

Seriously cruel. I just got a text from my brother showing me the fried haddock and scallops he's having at my all-time favorite seafood restaurant, and now I have to see this? Cruel!

Page 84 of 103 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 102 103

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters