Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 33 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 32 33
Re: The Vatican Dumpster
BobKay #376243 05/15/12 10:15 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Rick, my take is that 2x6 is entitled to his opinion as we all are. It's the WAY he does it that gets under my skin.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
BobKay #376244 05/15/12 10:17 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
A very brief article stating the divorce rates in America - Link.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
BobKay #376245 05/15/12 10:20 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

Mark, his writing could be seen as a bit abrasive but it doesn't bother me.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

BobKay #376247 05/15/12 10:38 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Here in California we have grade school text books which indoctrinate children, 1st, 2nd 3rd graders about families with 2 moms or two dads. I don't agree with this and I don't think it is healthy, for the children or society.

We have children in our local school system whose parents refuse to declare their gender. The parents are waiting until the children are old enough so the children will decide their gender. Are we going to have sex change operations for grade schoolers because their parents are totally confused and so politically correct they've descended into moronism?

When I was a kid, neither I nor my peers wanted to think about their parents kissing. Eeeuuw. But now, adopted kids will have to deal with dad kissing dad, schmuck smoking, mom and mom?

I don't think this cultural detour is healthy. You can call it civil rights, but I disagree. Any person, gay or straight, has the right to marry a person of opposite gender. If people of same gender want to live together, enter civil unions, fine! They have that civil right.

Don't bring the institution of marriage down to accommodate the vanity of people who for whatever reason are stuck in a biological dead end and don't reward same sex unions which could never produce children biologically with children by adoption.

Above all, IMHO, do not confuse children with the idea that same sex unions are as wholesome, socially beneficial and as healthy as man/woman unions.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
MarkSJohnson #376249 05/15/12 10:43 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Examine your annoyance!

OK. What's your schedule look like?

My calendar is open.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
MarkSJohnson #376253 05/15/12 10:56 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Rick, my take is that 2x6 is entitled to his opinion as we all are. It's the WAY he does it that gets under my skin.

Agreed.

I do think that my buddy Bob's reply to 2x6's original opinion (if I recall, it wasn't incendiary) was very feisty, but being a minority who isn't on a level playing field with walkies, and faces discrimination, I can completely relate and understand it.

It really bothers me when someone thinks that gay people shouldn't be able to adopt children. There's absolutely NO sensible argument to support it.

I would venture to bet that having a child through adoption (which is far more honorable than having a child of your own) or other means is extremely important to the majority of gay couples, married or not. Attempting to, or taking away that right, is like taking away elevators for disabled people (just an analogy that I can relate to, which I think is very apropos).

I also think it's the highest form of arrogance when you stick your nose in other people's business. I'm specifically talking about people who are perfectly civil and don't pose a threat to anyone in any shape or form.

Peace, love and equality for all!

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
BobKay #376257 05/15/12 11:03 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Quote:
(which is far more honorable than having a child of your own)

Well, I don't think it is anymore honorable than folks that really WANT to have a child. Don't you think that most that adopt, not all, but if they could, would have their own biological children?

Last edited by Wid; 05/15/12 11:04 PM.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Wid #376260 05/15/12 11:28 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I can think of at least a half a dozen couples I know who have tried unsuccessfully to have children. It is a real shame because these people would have made fantastic parents. On the other hand I have seen some real crappy parenting/divorces which leads me to believe that having kids is far too easy for the group that should be thrown back into the gene pool. Life truly isn't fair epecially when children are involved.

Last edited by Rock_Head; 05/15/12 11:32 PM.
Rock_Head #376261 05/15/12 11:32 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Originally Posted By: Rock_Head
I can think of at least a half a dozen couples I know who have tried unsuccessfully to have children. It is a real shame because these people would have made fantastic parents. On the other hand I have seen some real crappy parenting/divorces which leads me to believe that having kids is far too easy for the group that should be thrown back into the gene pool:) Life truly isn't fair epecially whene children are involved.

There's no disagreement here.

Rick

Rock_Head #376263 05/15/12 11:36 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Rock_Head
I can think of at least a half a dozen couples I know who have tried unsuccessfully to have children. It is a real shame because these people would have made fantastic parents. On the other hand I have seen some real crappy parenting/divorces which leads me to believe that having kids is far too easy for the group that should be thrown back into the gene pool. Life truly isn't fair epecially when children are involved.

Yep ... Florida Woman Kills Her 4 Children, Self

Stupid crazy.

Rick
Our Room

smile
Page 26 of 33 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939