Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 149 of 183 1 2 147 148 149 150 151 182 183
Re: What video games are you playing tonight?
terzaghi #376363 05/16/12 06:25 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I picked it up yesterday evening and I agree with you. Although I only played it until about 1:30.

Most of the fun came from the fact that because it's been so long since 1 and 2 have been out ,that there was actually a feeling of nostalgia. You are right though, it is essentially the same game with not a whole lot to distinguish the game play from the previous.

As an MMORPG player, I actually got pissed off when my character was replying to NPCs on it's own. So far, all of the discussions with NPCs have been on rails and you have no say in how you respond or what choice you might make as to how to handle the situation.

Still, I had fun and I will play it more. I'm disaponted because I expected a lot more changes but since I enjoyed #1 and #2 a lot, I can be very happy playing this one if I just consider it a very long overdue expansion pack, instead of a new version.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
spiffnme #376369 05/16/12 06:37 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: spiffnme

"Normal" should be renamed "easy", as it's the lowest level and is damn easy. It's essentially a tutorial level.

I'm glad you brought this up and this is another thing I like about Max Payne 3 is that it is completely opposite on the difficulty scale and most games in general. I'm going through my first run on "normal" and it plays more like shooters that are on the hard difficulty. There are actually 3 more difficulty levels above normal and I have a feeling its going to be very tough. I love the challenge.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
terzaghi #376598 05/18/12 09:46 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I'm on chapter 8 now. One, if not the best 3rd person shooters of this gen. Although there still is no game that can match Gears of War cover system. This game has been an excellent experience so far. Kudos to Rockstar.

Sooooooo worth a rental for the single player. Buy it if your interested in multiplayer.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
terzaghi #377264 05/28/12 09:55 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I restarted Skyrim as a mage since my 80th level Assassin/Thief/Archer has done all the major quests and is so over the top powerful there just isn’t any challenge. Plus I reached one of my final goals, to get three babes living with me, Lydia as housecarl, Aela as companion and Njada as wife.

First off this mage is kicking butt like the Assassin/Archer never could early on. I picked up the Elf Archer follower in the first town and grabbed the Conjure Flame Atronach spell so I basically can have a 3 person party any time I want. I went through a dungeon that my first character must have died 20+ times in when the bad guys came in waves. This time I didn’t even need to drink a potion, the mage et. al. just slaughtered everyone.

The character is already 9th level and I’m not even “gaming” the skills to run them up faster. One thing that’s helped speed things up is this time around I know about hiring wagons to get to major settlements so I don’t have to walk there the first time like I did the first time around. Also I ran over and got the blessing from the “Lovers Stone” right away so ever skill is leveling faster rather than just the class grouping.

I’ve also killed the first dragon and bought the house in Whiterun and switched over to Lydia as a follower since she pairs better as a tank with the mage than the elf archer did.

So far playing the mage is much more interesting than the archer. I don’t’ thing this is just because it’s new but because there are so many different attack options. I can sneak up and cast “fury” on a group of characters and watch them kill each other. Conjure a flame atronach to tank and blast things for me and if the going gets tough sent Lydia in to cleave heads.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
terzaghi #377266 05/28/12 12:24 PM
aficionado
aficionado

Wow..you're inspiring me for another run myself, after I get my fill of Diablo 3 and Battlefield 3 of course...

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED
terzaghi #377280 05/28/12 03:23 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Dean, I was going to inquire about your Skyrim gameplay today. You heard my thoughts smile.

I'm currently at level 65 and don't find it a challenge fighting anyone or anything. Yesterday I fought two elder dragons simultaneously, and killed them handily.

I'm at level 100 in heavy armour (it's actually at 125 for some reason), one handed, block, alchemy, smithing, sneak, enchanting and archery. I'm currently putting my effort towards increasing magic (using destruction to attack), pickpocketing and two handed (which was my original attack modus operandi). Also, my heavy dragon armour is rated at 1065 (without the 25% matching set increase perk).

One thing that REALLY sucks is that I can't complete quite a few quests because I ended up picking up some quest items - from exploring and entering caves etc. at random - before actually receiving the quest related to each item. Bethesda needs to fix this IMO.

Outside of the Night Mother, The Companions and The Thieves Guild, I'm having an excruciating time finding quests; especially longer ones.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
terzaghi #377290 05/28/12 04:02 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hey Cam, if you haven’t already, since you are focusing on magic, you could do the “College of Winerhold” quest line, it lasts a while. It’s also required to gain access to purchasing some master skill spells. So does the “Stormcloaks” quest line, and I assume the “Imperial Legion” one if you go that route instead, however they are often group attacks on strongholds. I haven’t tried the “Bards College” line so I can’t comment on that one.

If you haven’t been there yet there’s a huge ruin called Blackreach found after traversing Alftand which is part of the main quest line and also has at least one extensive side quest. This is pretty much just one extensive dungeon trek but the place is huge and has lots of interesting things to find and look at.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
terzaghi #377291 05/28/12 04:08 PM
shareholder in the making
Cam, I don't want to be rude or nosey, but how do you play video games? Do you have voice controls for all of them, or is there something else you use?

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Ken.C #377308 05/28/12 07:42 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
Cam, I don't want to be rude or nosey, but how do you play video games? Do you have voice controls for all of them, or is there something else you use?

That's not rude or nosey at all, Ken. I'd rather have people know, rather than not. One of the main frustrations for me whilst living with a high level SCI is when people postulate (which stems from being uninformed or ill-informed). I say ask away!

With me being bedridden, it's challenging. I'll take a video of my setup at supper. I think some of you guys will find it quite interesting.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
terzaghi #377313 05/28/12 08:07 PM
I figured you just yelled at your caretaker: "Move left! Shoot! Watch that guy on the right! Duck! DUCK, GOD**MNIT! Right! RIIIIIIGHT! SHOOOT! GRENADE! SHOOT! SHOOOOOOT!!!!!!".

I was wrong? grin

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Page 149 of 183 1 2 147 148 149 150 151 182 183

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082