Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 150 of 183 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 182 183
Re: What video games are you playing tonight?
MarkSJohnson #377319 05/28/12 08:50 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I figured you just yelled at your caretaker: "Move left! Shoot! Watch that guy on the right! Duck! DUCK, GOD**MNIT! Right! RIIIIIIGHT! SHOOOT! GRENADE! SHOOT! SHOOOOOOT!!!!!!".

I was wrong? grin

Well, not entirely, bud. My caregivers, friends and family played through L.A. Noire with me, and I was doing just that smile. They would get a good laugh out of your example because it's very apt!

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #377325 05/28/12 09:46 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I figured you just yelled at your caretaker: "Move left! Shoot! Watch that guy on the right! Duck! DUCK, GOD**MNIT! Right! RIIIIIIGHT! SHOOOT! GRENADE! SHOOT! SHOOOOOOT!!!!!!".

I was wrong? grin

Well, not entirely, bud. My caregivers, friends and family played through L.A. Noire with me, and I was doing just that smile. They would get a good laugh out of your example because it's very apt!

Ha ha, Cam, that's how I pictured it, too. laugh

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
terzaghi #377350 05/29/12 01:39 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I'm not playing any video games tonight.

CatBrat #377393 05/29/12 01:42 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Lol!!!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
terzaghi #377437 05/30/12 02:46 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Going to hit up some more resonance of fate tonight.

-David
terzaghi #377459 05/30/12 06:58 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I’ve spent two more days playing a pure Mage in Skyrim. So far he’s up to lever 27 and still kicking butt on almost everything encountered. I’ve got the lovers stone blessing so all skills go up at +15%; the Archmages robes; the mask that gives +100% magica regen; and some miscellaneous magic items for other bonuses. I’ve also been upgrading Lydia’s equipment as soon as I get better items.
So far I’ve only completed one quest-line (the college) and done a few quests on the main quest-line so I could get shouts and meet the Greybeards. Otherwise I’m not planning to evens start any of the other faction’s quest-lines soon. After finishing the college quest-line I’ve gone back to mop up the locations I found while trying to get to the quest related ones. This way I’m running through some new dungeons I haven’t seen before.

I set a few ground rules for this play through based on my first one with the stealth archer. First no speed leveling by gaming the system like beating up on Shadowmare or chain casting spells. No wearing armour just for defense though I’m ok with armour to get an enchantment bonus. No gaming the smithing, alchemy or enchanting skills, these seriously break the game making you virtually un-killable. For that matter right now I plan on only using magic items I find or buy. The best part of this so far is I’m enjoying the game much more since I’m playing it and not the system.

Someone wrote that a pure mage in Skyrim is a glass cannon and it seems so. For the most part I’ve owned every baddy I’ve come up against unless I got caught off guard. Like one a bear mauled me in a split second because even though I could hear it the brush was so thick I couldn’t see it coming. So far three early dungeons that must have taken my archer 20+ reloads each went down with a whimper. However, I’m presently in a dungeon with a bunch of conjurers who all come running to each others aid and start spamming creatures most of which can one-shot me so I’m getting my butt handed to me this time around.

Some new things I’ve learned include the wagons that can fast travel you to other towns without having to find the town first by walking or riding there, which sure saves a lot of time in the early game. I’ve found that I can sometimes conjure a creature on the other side of a door (not sure why it works occasionally) which sort of has the effect of lobbing a grenade in before entering.

On the bad side I’ve already had 4 complete freezes and 1 frame rate issue all requiring restarts. Lydia is a lot easier to kill by accident with a mage since some of the spells have an area effect, or she just runs in front of my shot since I’m usually walking point. Unfortunately there’s just no way I can think of to set a formation so I’ve learned to back-peddle quickly.

Last edited by grunt; 05/30/12 06:59 AM.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
terzaghi #377669 06/01/12 07:31 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I played a little more Skyrim last night and got to level 30, also getting by the conjurors in a way I never expected.

After getting my butt handed to me more times than I can count by this group of 4 conjurors I decided to lay back and try to only snipe at them while using healing hands on Lydia to keep her fighting. However, this proved impossible since she kept charging into the fray. Although healing her instead of fighting seemed to reduce the agro coming at me there was still enough that I had to keep retreating to heal. Well on one of those retreats a dead conjurer suddenly flies past me propelled apparently by a large explosion. Next thing I see is Lydia standing at the mouth of the tunnel I’m hiding in duking it out with something in the distance. Next thing I see is another dead conjurer fly past me. When I moved closer to support Lydia with healing I can see that she has picked up a staff from a dead conjurer and is blasting the crap out of the rest of them with an Ice Storms. I’m not sure if it’s ironic, humbling or both to have my AI companion figure out how to beat these guys instead of me. So now I’ve started carrying around this staff to give to Lydia the next time we run into something similar.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
terzaghi #377677 06/01/12 02:20 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Dean, what do you mean by "gaming the smithing, alchemy or enchanting skills"?

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
terzaghi #377678 06/01/12 03:12 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I’m actually referring to two things. The first is just spamming daggers or potions to boost the skill w/o regard to their usefulness except resale value. The other is the stacking of potion/enchantments so that you can eventually create overpowered potions and enchanted items for smithing, enchanting and alchemy which in turn allows way overpowered weapons and armour. You literally end up with armour that makes you invulnerable and weapons that can one-shot kill anything.

terzaghi #377682 06/01/12 05:52 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I see. All I've done is create my dragon armour and potions while wearing clothes, a ring, a necklace and a circlet with a 25% increase of smithing/alchemy enchantments. Then I create fortify smithing potions to further enhance my armour and weapons. Because I've created so many potions (I probably have 500 in storage, and 200 on me), I'm currently able to create fortify smithing potions with a 66% increase, which continues to increase the more I make.

I'm assuming this is what you're talking about?

I didn't think it was a form of cheating.

Also, I can't block because I can't hit two keys at once or quickly i.e. move and block. The way I increased my block to 100 was by taking repeated blows by crabs, bears and other wildlife whilst I stood still. It was purely for XP points. This is also where my high rated armour comes in handy as it takes every blow.

Page 150 of 183 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 182 183

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters