Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
adelphia hd install & the cable guy..long
#38484 03/25/04 02:45 PM
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
recently discovered adelphia was offering hd in my area. called and for $7.95 a month, less the $3.50 for the digital box, seemed like a no brainer. on the phone i was told cable guy would arrive with everything needed including cables. you know what's coming now. before he messed around, the following worked. plasma with tv, dvd, and vrc. when he finished, tv and vcr worked, with only audio for the dvd player thanks to it's optical connection. the cable box had no tos link out, and the dvi connection was not activated. so after visiting tweeter and getting ripped off on a monster cable i went back home. the guy while helpful assured me i had two components in on the plasma, after insisting he bring up a diagram, he agreed there was only one. so, now i need to buy two more component cables, wrestle with the existing maze of interconnects on the rxv1300, and rout the dvd, cable box, and maybe vcr thru the yammi and use monitor out to the plasma. guess it was wise to test the dvd to see if it worked as well as the hd feed. so beware, if you have adelphia and want to get hd, be prepared to purchase more cables which will push the price up from the $7.95 monthly fee. boy i sure wish cable manufactures would sell cables labeled for each devise. the blue painters' tape on my interconnects with scribbling on each look wierd behind the yammi. this could be a 4 or 5 beer job this weekend.
sorry to rant..
dan

Re: adelphia hd install & the cable guy..long
#38485 03/25/04 04:28 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
dan, i dont envy you at all.. make it a six-pack this weekend, it might make it easier.

when i finally get all my equip, my main prob will be moving my entertainment center around.. first, i got a 36-inch tube tv, which seems about a 150 pounds.. then i will have to empty out all the doors, and drawers to lose more weight.. then try and slide my massive bohemith of a EC back from the wall.. my wife picked the dang thing out.. it is solid oak, 8ft wide, 7ft tall, and about 3 ft deep.. i swear, it is the biggest piece of furniture i have ever seen.. my wife can offer no help cause she is PG, and to make matters worse, we have medium/heavy plush carpet.. i will have to offer beer and food to my buddies to get them to come help.. either that, or set up some movie nights, where they can bring their girlfriends/wives and enjoy my new HT system. any bribe helps.. i am gonna go start to stock pile up on microwave popcorn..

so see, we all got probs.. on second thought, make it a 12 pack..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020