Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Crispiness sound coming from tweeter M80 need help
mrgreg #389813 02/17/13 05:27 PM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted By: mrgreg
Yeah, I have swapped both tweeters out with the tweeters from my vp150.

I watched some movie trailers and Skyfall last night, sounds to me like the crossover isn't preventing the lower frequencies from being passed to the tweeters. I went ahead and disconnected them as it is just too bothersome.

So it looks like it really has to be the crossover.

On a side note, watching Skyfall with the EP500 is just crazy, better than in the theaters!

Does anyone else who has the EP500 or above find it to be too much for most music? I have another sub(DEF Tech) that I usually use when listening to music, I feel like I get a better appreciation for M80s with less over the top bass! Just reserve the EP500 for movies!

I dunno, perhaps, compared to the Def Tech, in the EP500, you are just hearing what is a superior sub that is capable of reproducing the full range of frequencies that the Def Tech is not and in addition, is could be that the "500" is interacting with your room differently. In that case, it is just a matter of making the appropriate volume adjustment on the EP500. Movies or music, a superior sub is going to make it all sound better.

casey01 #389815 02/17/13 05:53 PM
M
mrgreg Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
M
Certainly not complaining haha, it's a great problem to have!

I do need to mess around with placement, more or less just running everything in default!

mrgreg #389816 02/17/13 06:49 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
mrgreg:

When I first ran my new HT, I had set the levels of my twin Velo 10" subs (nowhere near the EP500 in performance) to 4 out of 10. Later on, I mustered up the courage to run Audyssey from my Denon AVR & the results showed that Level 4 was way too high & was outside it's ability to correct it. After several more calibration runs of progressively lowering the subs' volume, Level 2.5 ended up being within Audyssesy's correction range.

My HT is now quite awesome for movies & wonderful for music without being over the top. This exercise proved to me that without a calibration system or an SPL meter, it is quite difficult to set the levels correctly by ear alone. I think that we generally tend to overdo it on bass levels because the sound is so impressive, but in reality it is actually overblown; however, some people like it that way.

For me, I find that too much bass produces annoying buzzes & rattles in my furnace/fireplace ducting inside my walls/ceilings that I would rather not hear...

TAM

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020