Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: New VP100
BlueJays1 #391154 03/18/13 12:20 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: BlueJays1
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Perhaps I misunderstood what comb filtering is. What do you call it when you walk across the room, playing a single tone, and you can hear the volume go up and down. Also measurable with a sound meter. If you stay in one place, the tone is constant, but moving just an inch one way or the other causes the volume to change. Walking at a slow steady pace is like a ripple effect.

Yeah. Was this when you had "your wall of speakers" hooked in series with each other? If so it could have been the bad acoustical interference which why it was so noticeable with the test tones.

They were all hooked in parallel. I still have that issue with my current setup. Before it had nothing to do with the number of speakers. I unplugged them all but one pair and had same thing.

Re: New VP100
exlabdriver #391419 03/25/13 05:16 PM
E
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
E
Well, I got a new Sony KDL55HX850 55" LCD TV to go with my new VP100, ha! Great deal at FS & BB Canada at the end of the model year. This is a highly rated unit on the net & we are fortunate to still be able to purchase them in Canada as they are sold out virtually everywhere else. If you are in the market for a new TV, get one while you can.

After initial setup I managed to get everything talking to each other although HDMI 2 seems to be flakey - it was working initially & then I did something in my Denon AVR Menu (horrors)- HDMI Control? - & now it doesn't so it's probably not the set's fault. Switched to HDMI 3 & all is working OK. I selected 'Cinema' Picture Mode as according to the reviews, this is a highly accurate setting that is virtually identical to standard.

I ran the DVD 'Wild, Wild West' with Will Smith from my Sony BDP S590 - hard to believe that it's from 1999 considering the advanced CGI that was implemented here. The PQ was simply stunning - upscaling produced BD results. The biggest difference from my 10 year old Sony RP LCD is the inky black levels that the older technology just could not reproduce.

Throughout the movie, the VP100 again was impressive - the CC dialogue was reproduced naturally & flawlessly even at 30 degrees off center where my wife sits.

Very happy with my recent purchases...

TAM

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,463
Members15,617
Most Online2,082