Page 1 of 2 1 2
Can Someone Explain....
#392046 04/15/13 11:03 PM
Adrian Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
..."The Walking Dead" series?

I know it's somewhat popular and was told to watch this "awesome" series by some 20 sumthings. They convinced me to watch the first few episodes and said it keeps getting better and better....so....

I watched the first episode.

Zombies walk around, grunting, looking to eat humans. Humans, not wanting to be eaten, kill zombies by head removal. Ok.

Second episode.

See first episode.

Third episode.

See first episode again.

Fourth episode.

....the pattern continues...

What am I missing here?

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Re: Can Someone Explain....
Adrian #392047 04/15/13 11:04 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
If you figure it out, let me know. I'm about the same place you are.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Adrian #392050 04/15/13 11:29 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Adrian
..."The Walking Dead" series?

I know it's somewhat popular and was told to watch this "awesome" series by some 20 sumthings. They convinced me to watch the first few episodes and said it keeps getting better and better....so....

I watched the first episode.

Zombies walk around, grunting, looking to eat humans. Humans, not wanting to be eaten, kill zombies by head removal. Ok.

Second episode.

See first episode.

Third episode.

See first episode again.

Fourth episode.

....the pattern continues...

What am I missing here?

I experienced the same thing you did based on a recommendation. I fell asleep.

My favorite AMC drama by far is Breaking Bad. There are some truly epic episodes and the seasons get better and better. The show never feels diluted.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
Adrian #392053 04/16/13 02:25 AM
axiomite
axiomite
You guys are too old maybe, LOL. Just kidding. I really like The Walking Dead series. Keep in mind that after an episode or two, you could still care less about the characters.

Now, it has been a while since I've seen the first few shows, so I can't speak specifically about it.

But keep this in mind, while it IS a super popular show, that doesn't mean it is for everyone. Heck, people like shows like Survivor, American Idol, etc, and I really don't get those shows.

I also don't like Doctor Who, and it is really popular with hard core sci-fi people. Heck, you all like a lot of music that I could care less about. That doesn't make that music bad, just different.

Remember, if we all liked the exact same things, then we might as well be clones. smile

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Adrian #392054 04/16/13 02:29 AM
J
shareholder in the making
J
I believe you have to try to get into the other story line about the remaining humans and the struggle for power/rule after the apocalypse or something along those lines. The whole zombie thing IMO, is just a gimmick cashing in on the present fixation with zombies.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
Adrian #392056 04/16/13 02:55 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Right on, Nick. But WHY do you like it?

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Adrian #392057 04/16/13 03:00 AM
axiomite
axiomite
So far I've really enjoyed the first two seasons. Haven't seen any of the third. I do like the drama between the characters and it seems like they need to figure out how to survive within their own group regardless of the added threat of zombies.

Interesting tidbit--Frank Darabont, who was involved in producing the first season of "The Walking Dead" as well as writing and directing the first episode is the same Frank Darabont who directed and wrote the screenplay for "The Shawshank Redemption" and "The Green Mile."

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
Adrian #392058 04/16/13 04:59 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
I liked the first seasons of The Walking Dead. I thought the drama was actually pretty decent, and I liked seeing the zombie concept fleshed out more than it had been in other screen incarnations. The first season actually kept going somewhere. The second season, on the other hand, kept boring me, and I haven't kept up with the third season, even though I have the episodes from Amazon's video store on my hard drive to watch.

I would agree that Breaking Bad takes the cake for compelling TV, with a steady escalation of jaw-dropping moments. I don't remember the last time I was this wrapped up in a story.

As long as we're talking AMC, Mad Men does deserve a shout-out. There's been some really unexpected writing in that show. I've never seen anything like it.

CV #392059 04/16/13 06:00 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: CV
As long as we're talking AMC, Mad Men does deserve a shout-out. There's been some really unexpected writing in that show. I've never seen anything like it.

Yep, that was the '60s. Hmm... you don't even have the benefit of all those drugs.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
Adrian #392062 04/16/13 11:09 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I like all those shows. It took me a while to get into Walking Dead but I stuck with it because my wife is a real horror buff. Now I enjoy it. As the seasons progress it becomes less and less about the zombies and more about the characters. David Morrissey's split personality character as The Governor is way more scary to me than the zombies.

Breaking Bad is indeed awesome. I tried the first two episodes of Madmen but it seemed like for 2 shows nothing happened except a lot of drinking, smoking and ass slapping. I hear nothing but good things about the story lines though so i guess I will need to go back and give it more time.

I'm also a big fan of Nick's comments. Thank <insert politically correct deity here> that we are not a race of collective beings that all like the same things.

"I like water, I like sun, I like it right here so I will just grow roots to get more water. Think I will lean towards the sun today. My, life is grand."

But hey, what do I know, I'm a Doctor Who fan.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters